Dharmakaya

Lower Dantien Heat and Pain, Please Help!

Hello!

This is a post I submited to the introduction forum and am reposting here to hopefully get some more feedback.

"I am posting here to introduce myself to this forum, and ultimately to seek advice for a problem I am currently having.

I have an extensive background in Buddhist meditation, including experience of attainment, but I am just starting out with qigong. I am currently experiencing some worrying qi gong realted health issues which is why I am posting here.

I wil explain what is happening to me in detail, so bear with me as I mention materbation.. ha

I have been practicing qi gong for about 3 weeks following the excesices in Robert Peng's book 'The Master Key'. On Thursday, 2 days ago, I was practicing 'Lotus Meditation', one part of which involves visualising a lotus flower opening and closing in your lower dantien while you breathe in and out. While I had done this before, this time I distinctly felt myself breathing into an area below my navel.

I was quite excited by this, and decided that in order to further develop my lower dantien, I would breathe into the area, ala reverse breathing. I have no real instruction in this, and it is not mentioned in 'The Master Key', I was just going of vauge instructions from the internet. At any rate I did 3 sets of LDT breathing on Thursday, each for ten minutes.

In this same time period, Thursday afternoon, I masterbated but did not ejaculate, as I did not wish to deplete my energy stores. (This will be relevant later.)

Friday I woke up and masterbated to ejaculation. I felt somewhat that I had given myself blueball the day before, which is, as anyone who has had them can attest, a painful situation. After this I sat down to practice qi gong. However, I had read previously that one is not supposed to practice qi gong for 72 hours after ejaculation, and so I was hesitant to practice. As well, my lower dantien area didn't quite feel right, so I did not practice.

Later in the day, my LDT area was still bothering me, feeling tight, hot, and sore. I rode a stationary bike for 30 mins, and went for a walk, during which time I felt better and practiced some light qigong consisting of moving evergy between the 3 dantiens to empower the central meridian. I felt like I was radiating much more energy than normal, as though I had a strong energy field right around my body (I 'imagined' it as long wavy lines radiating out from by body about a foot and a half). My LDT still felt a bit off so I ended the qi gong practice at that.

After dinner Friday my LDT area was quite sore, such that I was moving and bending over carefully. It was especially sore at the base; up in a v from the genitals, where your thighs connect to your trunk. Here my stomach was noticibly tight (from swelling?..) I was also feeling sick mentally/ physically.

I went to bed and woke up at 3:30 am. My LDT felt much the same, swollen, hot, painfull, and I was worried enough I thought I should seek some kind of treatment if this continued in the morning. At that time (3:30), I was breathing normally, and trying to relax, it felt as though a blockage in the LDT area broke up. Peace seeped into my mind, and there was the feeling of gas moving around my stomach area in the LDT. This was a relief, and I went back to sleep.

Upon waking in the morning, I felt better, probably 75%, still felt like my LDT needed to recover. It is now quarter past noon as I write this and while my LDT area feels better than it did yesterday, is has slowly felt worse wince I woke this morning.

I feel pain, and tightness in that area, as well as heat. Sometimes while breathing this heat has moved up my body in the middle DT area. If I knew of a legitimate qi gong healer around my area (Colorado) I would go to them for advice, but I do not, and I am worried to just try someone without knowing for certain they are genuine. At any rate that is why I have posted here for advice.

Cheers, advice much appreciated!"

It has now been about 56 hours since this first began. I am feeling better, not 100%, but much improved. My LDT is still somewhat sensitive though much less painfull, and the experience of heat have pretty much stopped.

I have been resting, and hydrating a lot, especially ginger tea. According to the packet, ginger has been traditionally used as a tonic for yang chi!

So I am feeling better, but perspectives on what happened and how it would be best to proceed would be appreciated!

Not ginger tea, I think better to drink ling zhi tea ( reishi or ganoderma lucidum) for kidney yin qi. And to replenish the liver qi and sperm back eat gou zi (goji berries) either in tea or soup. And do not masturbate when you do qigong, this is what you'll get.

• Like 1

Hello!

"I am posting here to introduce myself to this forum, and ultimately to seek advice for a problem I am currently having.

1. In this same time period, Thursday afternoon, I masterbated but did not ejaculate, as I did not wish to deplete my energy stores. (This will be relevant later.)

2. Friday I woke up and masterbated to ejaculation. I felt somewhat that I had given myself blueball the day before, which is, as anyone who has had them can attest, a painful situation. After this I sat down to practice qi gong. However, I had read previously that one is not supposed to practice qi gong for 72 hours after ejaculation, and so I was hesitant to practice. As well, my lower dantien area didn't quite feel right, so I did not practice.

Later in the day, my LDT area was still bothering me, feeling tight, hot, and sore. I rode a stationary bike for 30 mins, and went for a walk, during which time I felt better and practiced some light qigong consisting of moving evergy between the 3 dantiens to empower the central meridian. I felt like I was radiating much more energy than normal, as though I had a strong energy field right around my body (I 'imagined' it as long wavy lines radiating out from by body about a foot and a half). My LDT still felt a bit off so I ended the qi gong practice at that.

After dinner Friday my LDT area was quite sore, such that I was moving and bending over carefully. It was especially sore at the base; up in a v from the genitals, where your thighs connect to your trunk. Here my stomach was noticibly tight (from swelling?..) I was also feeling sick mentally/ physically.

I went to bed and woke up at 3:30 am. My LDT felt much the same, swollen, hot, painfull, and I was worried enough I thought I should seek some kind of treatment if this continued in the morning. At that time (3:30), I was breathing normally, and trying to relax, it felt as though a blockage in the LDT area broke up. Peace seeped into my mind, and there was the feeling of gas moving around my stomach area in the LDT. This was a relief, and I went back to sleep.

Upon waking in the morning, I felt better, probably 75%, still felt like my LDT needed to recover. It is now quarter past noon as I write this and while my LDT area feels better than it did yesterday, is has slowly felt worse wince I woke this morning.

I feel pain, and tightness in that area, as well as heat. Sometimes while breathing this heat has moved up my body in the middle DT area. If I knew of a legitimate qi gong healer around my area (Colorado) I would go to them for advice, but I do not, and I am worried to just try someone without knowing for certain they are genuine. At any rate that is why I have posted here for advice.

It has now been about 56 hours since this first began. I am feeling better, not 100%, but much improved. My LDT is still somewhat sensitive though much less painfull, and the experience of heat have pretty much stopped.

I have been resting, and hydrating a lot, especially ginger tea. According to the packet, ginger has been traditionally used as a tonic for yang chi!

So I am feeling better, but perspectives on what happened and how it would be best to proceed would be appreciated!

1. That is exactly what you don't want to do. Not ejaculate or masturbate too often, it will build up gases and pain in the LDT(abdomen) .

2. Masturbate two days in the roll is not recommended. Your body is not suitable for that. Especially, you have no Chi Kung experience.

Since you are having pain in the LDT, I have been advising people to use two fingers to press right below the navel to get rid of the pain. Thus you should do the same. At the same time while your fingers are depressing that area, you should feel a pulsating sensation and uncomfortable pain which are normal. You just continue depressing the area below the navel until the pain is soften or gone. Then the gas should be released and you should be back to normal again. It works every time. btw It is better to lay down facing up to do the finger depression.

PS....

Your description is very common to those who masturbate too often without any scientific knowledge or experiences.

Edited by ChiDragon

hopefully you didnt rupture it. if your awareness is sufficient you should be able to tell. leaking jing is very warm and thick so i think you would know, but that depends.

the constant heat is a normal thing when doing lower LTD exercises. the pain/tightness is strange.

you should seriously consider having an experienced master look at you if it doesnt change.

if your constantly farting or have a lot of gas, that is a bad sign. i could explain more later.

Edited by MooNiNite

I have been practicing qi gong for about 3 weeks following the excesices in Robert Peng's book 'The Master Key'. On Thursday, 2 days ago, I was practicing 'Lotus Meditation', one part of which involves visualising a lotus flower opening and closing in your lower dantien while you breathe in and out. While I had done this before, this time I distinctly felt myself breathing into an area below my navel.

I was quite excited by this, and decided that in order to further develop my lower dantien, I would breathe into the area, ala reverse breathing. I have no real instruction in this, and it is not mentioned in 'The Master Key', I was just going of vauge instructions from the internet. At any rate I did 3 sets of LDT breathing on Thursday, each for ten minutes.

"Breathing into an area below my navel" is the goal that one would like to attain for Chi Kung practice. It is also known as "氣沈丹田(Chi sunken to the LDT)" The Ultimate Method of Breathing(UMB). Keep that up, you'll be home free.

All the problems described above were from your excessive masturbation. Chi Kung should do you a lot of good rather than bad. Thus, please don't blame that on your Chi Kung pracice.

MooNiNite - What exactly do you mean by ruptured? Does this heal naturally? It's hard to say whether there is leaking Jing, I don't have a lot of experience with this so it's hard to say what's what.

Why would farting and gas be a bad sign? I don't have excessive gas now, right after it happened it felt like there was gas moving around in by abdomen/ intestines. The lower dantien area is now feeling better, but still a bit off, I don't have too much of an appetite.. I would like to consult a master it I'm just not sure where to find one.

ChiDragon - I'm pretty wary of anything that would cause additional pain. While masterbation does seem to have contributed this issue, I feel like incorect practice of qi gong was also a major cause, and that is why I'm concerned.

Please perform the finger depression procedure as suggested in Post #3. Your pain in the LDT should go away almost immediately. Please give us some feedback on this. Thanks!

Abdominal pain may be a symptom of a physical problem. Perhaps a doctor visit is required.

• Like 1

ChiDragon - I'm pretty wary of anything that would cause additional pain. While masterbation does seem to have contributed this issue, I feel like incorect practice of qi gong was also a major cause, and that is why I'm concerned.

Please take my words for it. The problem is from your masturbation and I repeat. Breathing in your Chi Kung practice cannot cause any pain as such. I had went through what you have gone through. It won't cause you addition pain. I just had performed the procedure, recently, and many times before, the pain went away immediately.

PS.....

Just for your confidence, there was one member PM'ed me with same problem. He was all right by taken my advice with positive feedback.

Edited by ChiDragon

Abdominal pain may be a symptom of a physical problem. Perhaps a doctor visit is required.

My thoughts exactly. I highly doubt the issue has anything to do with the lower dan tien.

Yes, just be sure to tell the doctor that you masturbate often. Otherwise, the doctor might assume there was a kidney infection and prescribe an unrelated drug.

Edited by ChiDragon

A traditional chinese medicine doctor should be able to help if it is either energetic, or more purely physical, or both. They can at least perceive and diagnose a lot more.

• Like 1

Half the time it's just a case of needed some good old fashioned exercise, healthy food, and a good night's rest.

OP - Don't mess around with something that could potentially be a serious condition. This is good advice.

After visiting the physician, if he/she feels it is OK, you may find relief from visiting a Clinical Qigong therapist. Check out www.nqa.org for a teacher near you; they should be able to refer you to a therapist - if you live in USA.

THEN - think twice about playing around with things you don't understand. Find a teacher.

• Like 1

MooNiNite - What exactly do you mean by ruptured? Does this heal naturally? It's hard to say whether there is leaking Jing, I don't have a lot of experience with this so it's hard to say what's what.

Why would farting and gas be a bad sign? I don't have excessive gas now, right after it happened it felt like there was gas moving around in by abdomen/ intestines. The lower dantien area is now feeling better, but still a bit off, I don't have too much of an appetite.. I would like to consult a master it I'm just not sure where to find one.

ill ask someone to look at you. you have to pm me if your serious.

Edited by MooNiNite

ok. you need to pm me and ill do what i can to get you looked at, if your serious.

seeing a real doctor is always a good choice too, but i think you should get looked at by a master first

This is no place for a substitute of professional medical advice. Are you a practicing physician and able to diagnose? YaMu is correct!

Edited by ralis

Thanks for the replies. I have called a family doctor to set up an appointment. This has definately been an eye opening experience, and has taught me that while qi gong can be benefical, it is also definately something to respect!

MooNiNite - I will send you a pm.

My advice: stop visualizing stuff inside your body, stop masturbation and it will recover naturally in less than a week.

• Like 1

THEN - think twice about playing around with things you don't understand. Find a teacher.

That's a good advice. Practicing qigong without a teacher can be harmful. Also, make sure that a teacher has a good background and at least some lineage (i.e. had a teacher too).