Taomeow

Thank you for asking

Thank YOU for taking up the challenge, TM. The effort behind your response is self-evident and highly appreciated by all of us!

Here's a picture of a cat:

mg3976studrosabraundanica.jpg

• Like 3

Thank you Taomeo!

The idea of incorporating wuxing and yijing principles into fiction is exciting.

Recently a friend and I started a world-building project with basis in taoist principles. In no time it started shaping itself into something unique and incredibly real feeling. We both have interest in writing novels. Erikson and Esslemont have produced some tremendously creative sagas stemming from a co-created role-playing conversation.

But wrapping principles in our stories is one thing. Giving them a life of their own is another. And shaping so as to allow a subtle emerging of clarity, without teaching... I suppose that is akin to mastery. I have great respect for Ursula Leguin's novels and their simple but profound artistry.

Best wishes to your project as it unfolds.

I'm a "new" poster here, and often enjoy a gentle cloud-clearing of my mind as I read your posts.

This time, I feel momentum towards some taichi neigong.

• Like 3

Heartfelt thanks for the interview opportunity and all the fun questions, dear bums.

It so happened that in order to respond, I had to pull my awareness, huffing and puffing, from altogether elsewhere, so as to turn it once again to the life of the "collective mind" of this forum. It was a bit like "leaving the world" and "coming into the world" simultaneously. It was also quite educational to watch my own mind traverse the expanses of virtual and non-virtual reality in two completely unrelated places speaking four different languages, trying to be the boss of where it goes instead of just watching it go where it will.

So, thank you once again! :)

I missed all this...

...what, where, when??

• Like 2