Horus

Vitamin B-12 Shots?

Has anyone got some experience with Vitamin B shots? Receiving them, giving them?

So, what was your symptomology (if it's not too personal) and how did they help rectify your situation?

I'm not going to answer questions which would encourage someone to take something they likely don't need, and which could cause problems without first getting a blood test.

• Like 1

Those who I have known to get B12 AND NEEDED IT AS CONFIRMED MEDICALLY, all benefited from it.

My mom's issue was related to fatigue.

But my boss had symptoms which defied doctors for months... they chased many rabbits down wrong holes and in the end, it was discovered it was B12 deficiency.

You can probably try the vitamin as recommended but for some, the absorption of the pill is not enough and shots are needed.

• Like 1

There are 1000 different things which can lead to fatigue.....

Allergies

Lack of exercise over time

Some medical condition (fatigue is a warning sign)

Depression

Lack of iron (never self medicate with this, at least b12 is water soluble, iron isn't)

Though I and others have found for fatigue, the best things to fix it are Bagua and medical qigong :). Oh hell even taichi works to some extent :).

• Like 1

I also feel it (and all other vitamin supplements) is highly overmarketed/overhyped. It's got side-effects that aren't often mentioned.

• Like 2

Back when I was nursing we used to have to administer Vitamin B Complex injections.

Usually those were prescribed for alcoholics drying out.

It was a tough injection to give, the complex was in two phials and very thick so you had to stand the phials in warm water before drawing the contents of both into one big syringe.

Marvellous stuff though.

A patient could be really under the weather and shaking like a leaf before the injection but five- minutes after the injection it was as though they had a new lease of life.

Until it wore off.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 3

Marvellous stuff though.

A patient could be really under the weather and shaking like a leaf before the injection but five- minutes after the injection it was as though they had a new lease of life.

Until it wore off.

so why not just keep injecting them and never let it wear off?

After a while the alkies tended to get better anyway in secure psychiatric hospitals

There was no booze allowed so after a pretty horrible first month or two given regular meals, plenty of rest, no booze plus treatment

Then they were good to go.

So they'd be discharged and generally a few months later they'd be back in again having fallen off the wagon.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 3

I also feel it (and all other vitamin supplements) is highly overmarketed/overhyped. It's got side-effects that aren't often mentioned.

Such as...? :huh:

Vitamin B12 supplements are probably essential for vegetarians...to help prevent atherosclerosis..

Such as...? :huh:

Vitamin B12 supplements are probably essential for vegetarians...to help prevent atherosclerosis..

In intelligent amounts and natural form, sure.

But long-term, high doses of synthetic vitamin supplements are unnatural and a burden on the kidneys, to start with. To take Horus as an example - he's enjoying a wonderful effect from his B12 shots, pretty much everyone does. At first. But it would be foolish to think that they're key Horus's everlasting happiness can be found in a vitamin injection. That euphoric effect will ebb, and the effectiveness of subsequent injections will also fade. Then what? Bump up the dose? More frequent injections? At some point your system is saturated and busy eliminating the excess.

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 3

^^ what about the health aspect of continually pumping someone with B12?

Far as I know the liver and kidneys get rid of any Vitamin B complex not needed.

It's good for what ails those who need it and injection is the only way it can be administered because the gut neutralises orally injested Vitamin B Complex before it can do any good.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 3

In intelligent amounts and natural form, sure.

But long-term, high doses of synthetic vitamin supplements are unnatural and a burden on the kidneys, to start with. To take Horus as an example - he's enjoying a wonderful effect from his B12 shots, pretty much everyone does. At first. But it would be foolish to think that they're key Horus's everlasting happiness can be found in a vitamin injection. That euphoric effect will ebb, and the effectiveness of subsequent injections will also fade. Then what? Bump up the dose? More frequent injections? At some point your system is saturated and busy eliminating the excess.

and so is the nature of all things :D

You guys should look into methylation. Mostly under methylation. B vitamins, b12 especially is involved in methylation which is involved in over 300 biochemical processes on the body. In the last ten years methylation protocols have come about which have shown substantial benefit to people with chronic fatigue, lymes, ms, and a ton of other things. Many of these people have HIGH b12 on blood tests along with high folic acid. The general theory seems to be due to the addition of synthetic vitamins in our good supply a whole bunch of disease states which rarely used to exist have come about due to these displacing the active forms of b12 and causing all sorts of havoc... This goes pretty deep but that's a general overview and anyone can research it online. Sublingual b12 works just as good as injections but need to be the correct form and brand as well as be held in the lip for an hour at a time. Many more people can benefit from methylation protocols and b12, and the thought that because your serum b12 is in range or even high means that you don't need it is being found out to be completely false. My b12 and folic acid is off the charts high and I recently got on a methylation protocol w 2 active forms of b12 and methylfolate and am feeling better than I have in a long while. B12 shots had the same effect on me as Horus described. Anyone who has this dramatic of an effect from supplemental b12 is likely deficient at the cellular level and needs to get it fixed ASAP. Methylation affects immunity, detoxification, nerves, myelation, nuerotransmitters.. Hormones.. It goes on and on. Anyway, just thought I'd share.

• Like 2

What soaring crane said is right and wrong. There's synthetic b12 which they put in fortified cereals, bread, etc. so every time you eat these things technically you are ingesting synthetic un usable vitamins. Namely cyanocobalmin(inactive b12).. Methyl cobalamin and adenob12 are the active forms present in meats especially beef liver. These are the forms useable by the body along with methylolate, which has been substituted in our food supply for folic acid, the inactive form which many many people can't convert to methylfolate, which is crucial for the biochemical process of methylation.

• Like 2

What soaring crane said is right and wrong. technically you are ingesting synthetic un usable vitamins. Namely cyanocobalmin(inactive b12).. Methyl cobalamin and adenob12 are the active forms present in meats especially beef liver. These are the forms useable by the body along with methylolate, which has been substituted in our food supply for folic acid, the inactive form which many many people can't convert to methylfolate, which is crucial for the biochemical process of methylation.

So, where do we get natural Methylcobalamin instead of "synthetic" Cyanocobalamin?

I also agree that it is much better to use folate, instead of folic acid..

folate-for-depression-with-deplin.gif

Cyanocobalmin isn't really "synthetic" but is not useable by the body and actually can actually cause paradoxical b12 deficiency because the body can't use it.. So while not synthetic per se it's basically useless. Anyways if you're looking for a good b12 product I suggest looking into enzymatic therapy sublimgual b12. Again there's certain ways these things need to be taken and in order to be truly effective need to be paired with other cofactors such as the other active b12 dibencozide and the methylfolate you pointed out in your post. Solgar has a metafolin product which utilizes the same compound as deplin but in a much smaller dose which is effective for most people. In fact I only take 400 mcg per day which is only half a pill. It's very potent when combined with the b12's. it's fascinating stuff and crazy what they've done to our food supply. I recommend googling "active b12 therapy".. "Methylation protocols".. Tons of useful information and easy to see after reading about it if you have symptoms of under methylation/b12 deficiency and if this might help.

• Like 2

Yup hudroxycibalmin is usually the injectable form. This type is better than cynocobalmin obviously and for the people who can convert it to the active b12 forms works well. Methyl and adeno cobalamin are the downstream active metabolizes of hydro if I remember correctly.

• Like 1