Sign in to follow this  
Felcor

Dantien meditation, lucid dreaming and outer body experiences.

Hey , so to start off with I should say that I am a complete novice in meditation, but I had some experiences that I would like to hear your opinions on.

The other day I was sitting in meditation. It was the fourth time I had ever attempted meditation.

I was sitting in the half lotus form and breathing deeply whilst focusing on my lower Dantien.

I started feeling a weight, like someone had placed a stone in my stomach and there was this tingling sensation all around the weight.

Does anyone know what this is? Is this an indication of doing something right or wrong? Or was it merely my stomach muscles reacting to the breathing or something?

Okay so how does this tie in with Lucid dreaming or OBE? I am no stranger to lucid dreaming and experience lucid dreams often, but there are two scenarios that I experienced that I think could have been outer body experiences. To be clear they could have been normal lucid dreams but felt so much different. The same tingling sensation was present during both these experiences.

Case 1:

I was taking an afternoon nap when I had a dream of me waking up on my bed in the position I was when I fell asleep. The only reason I knew I was dreaming was because I looked at my door and saw that it was open. I never sleep with an open door, so that's when I knew I was dreaming.

I walked through my house and went outside. There were dark figures standing everywhere in the streets and on the lawn. This freaked me out a bit and I woke up. Throughout this experience and for a little while after waking I felt that same tingling sensation in my head.

Case 2:

I was in my brothers flat taking a nap between classes when I had a dream that I had woken up and was getting out of bed and walking around In the flat. I knew something was strange and I experienced the same tingling sensation in my head again. I thought "Its happening again!" and then woke up with the tingling still in my head.

Does anyone know what this tingling sensation is and if the sensation experienced whilst meditating and those of the lucid dreams/OBE's are related?

I seem to have better lucid dreams when I've spent time setting up my energy. So yeah I think it's related in a sense that proper workings of internal energy help with pretty much everything.

Sign in to follow this