Sign in to follow this  
Felcor

Greetings

Hey everyone.

I am from South Africa. Any other South Africans here?

It has been a long journey that brought me to this place, so I guess I will give you guys a quick overview of what lead me here.

When I was younger I wanted to be good at meeting girls and getting them to like me, so I studied a lot about the topic of attraction and the psychology about why we do the things we do and how the human mind works. That lead me to study about what makes successful people successful and how to be financially successful.

By this time I had long forgotten about girls and was struggling with questions like: What does it mean to be successful or happy? Why do we want the things we want? Why do we even get up in the morning? What really drives us and Why are we being driven?

I realized that I was not in control of my own life. That this control was just an illusion, like a dream I am trying to escape. Still today I struggle. Everyone around me seems to still be stuck in the dream.

I decided that I will find out how to get control over my life and to do that I would need to get full control over my mind. That has lead me to yoga and meditation and ultimately to this site.

I hope to meet others who have also "woken up" and perhaps together we can make sense of what we as humans are capable of and what is really important and worth pursuing in life.

• Like 1

Hello Felcor, and welcome to the forums!

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.co...um-terms-rules/ This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to five posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like.

Your story is very intriguing; I think you'll get a lot of feedback when you begin posting.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

SC and the TTB team

Sign in to follow this