Sign in to follow this  
4bsolute

Slightly above Yong Quan tremendous burning sensation

You all know the ability of our bodily senses to adapt to a certain environment and situation where we are currently in, so it does not have to fire off and keep firing sensual reflexes. Such as you enter a room, smell a certain odor and after a time you do not smell it consciously anymore.

Same goes for the warmth beneath your feet when you stand on the ground. You stand on a hot surface and after a period of time you do no longer feel the surface as hot, merely as warm or pleasant. But the surface itself, is still hot. Beautiful, isn't it?

I practiced both types of vertical Qi emissions and one horizontal. After each breathing exercise I went into what is known as embracing the tree. By doing this and also in the short exercise after, letting my arms hang down and while on the inhale make a slight outward movement, on the inhale coming in.. I noticed a tremendous burning sensation slightly above the Yong Quan accupuncture point on the soles of my feet.

I have to add that I train myself to walk barefoot as much as I can for a greater sense of rootedness and I can walk on rather hot surface like it is now in the summer. But this kind of burning was totally new and left me with sore spots on both balls of my feet.

What was this intense friction?

Edited by 4bsolute

I went through a period (some weeks) where my Yong Chuan was crackling with energy and intense heat.

It was bearable but really intense. Really felt like someone plugging live wires into my bubbling well and lighting up the bottoms of my feet. As soon as practice ended, it would subside into a buzzing sensation for 20 minutes to an hour or so.

This was several months into starting daily practice again after some years off... I put it down to opening channels and clearing blockage.

These days, it's a pleasant buzzing that reaches up the legs in various channels...

• Like 1

You all know the ability of our bodily senses to adapt to a certain environment and situation where we are currently in, so it does not have to fire off and keep firing sensual reflexes. Such as you enter a room, smell a certain odor and after a time you do not smell it consciously anymore.

Same goes for the warmth beneath your feet when you stand on the ground. You stand on a hot surface and after a period of time you do no longer feel the surface as hot, merely as warm or pleasant. But the surface itself, is still hot. Beautiful, isn't it?

I practiced both types of vertical Qi emissions and one horizontal. After each breathing exercise I went into what is known as embracing the tree. By doing this and also in the short exercise after, letting my arms hang down and while on the inhale make a slight outward movement, on the inhale coming in.. I noticed a tremendous burning sensation slightly above the Yong Quan accupuncture point on the soles of my feet.

I have to add that I train myself to walk barefoot as much as I can for a greater sense of rootedness and I can walk on rather hot surface like it is now in the summer. But this kind of burning was totally new and left me with sore spots on both balls of my feet.

What was this intense friction?

have a look at some of the yongquan exercises in my sig ;)

Sign in to follow this