Sign in to follow this  
BaguaKicksAss

Feature request? :)

I have no idea if this is possible or not, but to be able to "follow" a particular poster, and be notified when they post, would be awesome :). Oh sure I know I could just look at their profile once per week or something, but since there are a few members I enjoy the posts of, this might take quite awhile... also would be nice to see the notifications in real time.

• Like 5

Think about the other side of the coin.

Yea... we can call it "STALK Follow Member" :P

• Like 3

The Citizens' Reconnaissance, Exploration & Expunction Protocol (C.R.E.E.P.) has been in place since Bush the Elder. Specific technologies employed by this white-hat UN team are sealed for your protection. Please move along.

• Like 1

I see this one went over like a lead balloon LOL

I was sort of thinking it would be like I get a notification everytime Michael Saso posts on facebook, because his posts are amazingly awesome...

ya'll are paranoid :D. (that is completely joking btw)

Edited by BaguaKicksAss
  • Like 1

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you...

-name withheld by request

• Like 5

I have no idea if this is possible or not, but to be able to "follow" a particular poster, and be notified when they post, would be awesome :). Oh sure I know I could just look at their profile once per week or something, but since there are a few members I enjoy the posts of, this might take quite awhile... also would be nice to see the notifications in real time.

I see this one went over like a lead balloon LOL

I was sort of thinking it would be like I get a notification everytime Michael Saso posts on facebook, because his posts are amazingly awesome...

ya'll are paranoid :D. (that is completely joking btw)

While I don't usually follow people's posts here, the question that was asked was bascially could it be done, not whether it could be abused. I believe we already have an 'anti-stalking' policy here and if the ability to follow was abused, then it should be reported and the mods should step in. I see some benefit in such a feature, even if I might not use it, so I will ask again can something like this be done and further if it can should be bring it up in the town hall?

• Like 1

While I don't usually follow people's posts here, the question that was asked was bascially could it be done, not whether it could be abused. I believe we already have an 'anti-stalking' policy here and if the ability to follow was abused, then it should be reported and the mods should step in. I see some benefit in such a feature, even if I might not use it, so I will ask again can something like this be done and further if it can should be bring it up in the town hall?

I don't see any feature like this. The closest seemed to be "Highest Posters of the Day" which is not really following a person but maybe who is posting.

If someone wants to follow another, I think they could open the FIND CONTENT and then Bookmark it in their browser... This will execute the FIND CONTENT each time you click it.

As an example, after I did a FIND CONTENT of BKA (via her profile), and then saved this as a bookmark, I have:

BaguaKicksAss's Content - The Tao Bums in my browser 'favorite list' :)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this