tyler zambori

What can feminism do for men?

Hang on ... they manually ripped off their own testicles? ... I stopped reading after that ...

Hijras in India, they get a living.

It's no sort of wedding feast without a troupe of Hijras dancing, singing and invoking blessings on the happy couple.

They're an ancient MtoF TS cult and they use fishing line.

Tied tight enough and left in place long enough eventually nature takes its course and they hold a 'birthday' party ( just don't look in the 'gift' bag on the buffet table).

The 'Mah' ( head Hijra for the troupe) does the necessary.

Those dudes really know the meaning of religious sacrifice.

Hang on ... they manually ripped off their own testicles? ... I stopped reading after that ...

It's taboo for women to dance and sing for entertainment in village society but OK for Hijras.

It's no sort of wedding feast without a troupe of Hijras dancing, singing and invoking blessings on the happy couple.

Tied tight enough and left in place long enough eventually nature takes its course and they hold a 'birthday' party ( just don't look in the 'gift' bag on the buffet table).

Here's one...

Edited by GrandmasterP

zFwAcdB.jpg

You know, I wanted to avoid defending myself over this, and I've got something to say,

but I'm not sure I feel safe saying it even here. If I re-open my own PPF, do I get more

control over a personal self-defense?

Ps: Which moderator do I need to ask? It's been a while since I did it before.......

Edited by tyler zambori

It's taboo for women to dance and sing for entertainment in village society but OK for Hijras.

Here's one...

Fishing line is somehow less appalling than 'ripping them off' ... it was the act of violent mutilation I reacted to not the idea of a sex change or even becoming a eunuch ...

• Like 1

And the first response is from a woman :)

You would be more than welcome to participate - but I might extract an admission charge from you ;)

Namely; what do you think is the mythological equivalent to - , Anima / Psyche : Animus / ? ( I am interested in a woman's perspective on it.)

{maybe I put up my astro system tailing on my post in the other thread soon}

Fylgia

Interesting, so steve flat-out says that men are less conscious (not equal) than women...based upon a litany of sexist reasoning that he fearlessly & unabashedly methodically itemizes in all seriousness with complete impunity. In fact, he knows that he will silently be applauded for such "progressive sexism"..

I would say that, in general, men are less conscious than women - more prone to violence, more concerned with worldly success, less loving and nurturing, less intuitive. Certainly these are all ridiculous generalizations, just like the OP, but I find women to be more in tune with reality, as a rule of thumb. This is why we tend to see more men in spiritual pursuits - they need a lot more work, women come to it much more naturally.

Aetherous retorts with one flippant counterpoint intentionally to point out the asymmetrical double-standard in feminism that condones such sexist stereotyping against men, while showing zero-tolerance for any against women.

If reality involves what handbags are on sale this weekend, then yes.

Also, my main point in making any post in this thread is to point out how ridiculous it is that it can be said without any issue, "men are less conscious than women"...but if you say the opposite, you're perceived as threatening or something. It's just that our society is ridiculous and made most people behave this way.

The purest truth is that men and women are quite different, and have strengths and weaknesses in different areas, depending on how you look at things.

And sure enough, you displayed exactly the reaction that Aetherous was claiming...showing NO offense at steve's sexist laundry list whatsoever while finding Aetherous's lone remark absolutely intolerable.

Why does the term "feminism" alienate men? What if I called it " anti-sexist activism"? Would that alienate men?
If not, why not?

Because if you only condemn sexism against women, but condone it against men...then you're sexist...not "anti-sexist."

Edited by vortex
  • Like 3

Not that I go along with the King Lover Magician Warrior model (as my own is more complex ... I dont see great fault in this system) BUT the sub-divisions and triangular sub-sets and developments, I feel, are worth examining.

kwml-model.png

and a variation of arrangement

FourArchetypes.gif

... and if I happen to be all of them?

• Like 1

... and if I happen to be all of them?

Then, my dear fellow ... you moveth not, but standing upon the centre of the wheel, rotate in axial stillness and sublimity.

" But should your revolution stop

Ye would inevitably dropHeadlong within the central Soul,And all the parts become the Whole.  

;)

{I have another wheel where the centre is enlightenment and the rim rotates through the 6 phases of ignorance }

Not that I go along with the King Lover Magician Warrior model (as my own is more complex ... I dont see great fault in this system) BUT the sub-divisions and triangular sub-sets and developments, I feel, are worth examining.

kwml-model.png

On a personal level, I think each astrological sign has it's own male and female archetype so I sort of see the above as Leo, Gemini, Libra and Aries respectively.

Masculinity on a fundamental astrological level would relate to the Sun in Leo, Sun in Aries, Mars in Aries, Capricorn and Scorpio since those planets signify men and the signs are their domiciles and exaltations.

That's the fundamental level though, I'm sure there's many possible archetypes for personal levels.

zFwAcdB.jpg

I'm not sure about Canada, but here in the UK homosexuality is embraced pretty well. Infact on TV they are represented more than their numbers in the populace (their ratio in the media is much higher than their real ratio in the population).

They tend to have trouble in school when they're young, but when they hit college onwards they tend to flourish very well over here.

Having a relationship on all levels of our being (physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual) with an empowered liberated woman is basic spiritual sanity isn't it?. Tantra expressd this millenia ago - woman is wisdom.

• Like 1

@Nungali, I was just joking with you......and of course you can post your thoughts here if you like.

@rex, basic spiritual sanity, yeah.....but I think few of us get to have a relationship that encompasses

all levels of our beings....

@rex, basic spiritual sanity, yeah.....but I think few of us get to have a relationship that encompasses

all levels of our beings....

Too true unfortunately : (

As said elsewhere I also like the 3 part model, based on the dynamics in the stories of Hamlet, Don Juan and Faust making a distinction between both 'types' of Faust,

http://www.amazon.com/He-Understanding-Masculine-Psychology-Perennial/dp/0060963964

That book looks interesting ,as well as several others by that author. if I may ask, did you find it helpful?

Edited by tyler zambori

Having a relationship on all levels of our being (physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual) with an empowered liberated woman is basic spiritual sanity isn't it?. Tantra expressd this millenia ago - woman is wisdom.

I found this very thing in 1989.

I've nurtured and cherished it ever since.

• Like 3

On a personal level, I think each astrological sign has it's own male and female archetype so I sort of see the above as Leo, Gemini, Libra and Aries respectively.

Yes, aside from the 'practicality' of dividing up people into only 4 ( or n ) divisions ... it can offer insights.

This system however is not using signs but 'house quadrants' that is, the natal chart is quartered. However I feel a better system, if one was going to use that, would be to use all the planets and not just the Sun e.g. one could have Mercury in the magician quadrant.

Masculinity on a fundamental astrological level would relate to the Sun in Leo, Sun in Aries, Mars in Aries, Capricorn and Scorpio since those planets signify men and the signs are their domiciles and exaltations.

I prefer planetary aspects - including aspects with stars ... yes, even stars off the ecliptic. see 'Fixed Stars and Constellations in Astrology.' Vivian E. Robson, 1923. also Marcus Manilius, Ptolemy, Alvidas .

That's the fundamental level though, I'm sure there's many possible archetypes for personal levels.

yep.

• Like 1

@Nungali, I was just joking with you......and of course you can post your thoughts here if you like.

You were? Where? (Dang! I missed that ... I like a joke)

You are just as free as I am here (supposedly ;) ) yet ..... @ post 453 ?

Edited by Nungali

That book looks interesting ,as well as several others by that author. if I may ask, did you find it helpful?

yes, I did. Not only in regard to myself but in regard to other men as well. And a whole interesting rave on the distinction between Christopher Marlowe's and Johann Wolfgang von Goethe's versions.

I think it was Patrick Harpur that wrote about Faust being THE archetype (overall) for this age. It was very interesting, I will see if I can find it later ... got firewood to cut, clothes to wash, kobudo practice and a bat skeleton to finish cleaning .

There is also another GREAT version of the story;

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/279807/Doctor-Faustus-Movie-Clip-Whither-Shall-I-Fly-.html

Scorpio and Capricorn are feminine (water and earth). May post more later since did pay the admission.

That's right. Scorpio is in it's home (domicile) with Mars (yet it's a feminine sign), kind of how like Libra is in it's domicile with Venus (yet it's a Masculine sign).

Venus domcile = Taurus (feminine/fixed) and Libra (masculine/cardinal)

Mars domicile = Scorpio (feminine/fixed) and Aries (masculine/cardinal)

The gender of the sign is more to do with the expression rather than human gender, you could say that the masculine side of Venus expresses as Libra and the feminine side of Mars expresses as Scorpio. The actual human genders are ruled over by Mars and Venus respectively (and the Sun and the Moon to an extent).

Edited by HoldorFold

I see the Sun and Moon and as the essential components of the Psyche ; 'Conscience' and 'Unconscious', Mars and Venus are two of the three main psychological 'drives' . With Mercury they triangulate around the Moon and through Mercury is the Moon and Sun conjoined and Mars and Venus regulated.

sunmoonarticle.gif