tyler zambori

What can feminism do for men?

There always has to be a polarity. Remember? The short engenders the long, the beautiful engenders the ugly. DDJ ch 2.

But we don't have to place any value or judgement on this.

Oh, you actually want to talk about spirituality now.

Great! Here's some info about typewriters for you:

Yeah, that was pretty spiritual. (The style I learned how to type on was called a Mill. All caps. Yes, it was military.)

• Like 1

I do believe the same thing. We all reincarnate as females and males in countless lives. We just have to be nice to each other. It is a cosmic joke the fact that we become what we hate, just to experience the other side point of view. And it will happen sooner or later no matter what opinion someone may have now.

The reason men have boobs and nipples is because early in our development it has not yet been decided if we are going to be male of female. So men get boobs just in case.

Yeah, that was pretty spiritual. (The style I learned how to type on was called a Mill. All caps. Yes, it was military.)

Thank you, I thought it was pretty spiritual too.

post-53517-0-60625500-1403628765_thumb.jpg

And here's some more info on the history of typewriters:

I'm just glad that we now have computers with printers.

I think you mean GrandmasterP who wrote it at post 67... now you reply at 140 you wish it did not derail the thread?

your replying 70 posts later... it would seem your raising a dead issue about typewriters although you did write the word about 30 times in a single post.... So who is derailing using 'typewriters' :P

We really didn't need all that technical data. Hehehe.

Well, you see my practice - with a little help of mine at least this last Zhang didn't need more than half a dozen posts to have some mistakes of his character formulated clearly, and still I would not expect he has the slightest intelligent thought of questioning any of it.

But at least he has become more honest about it.

They call me MISTER Slopps!

Is there another Taoism forum where the moderators do a better job, and/or there are people

who actually discuss a given question?

At this point, I don't think even the moderators could guide this group.

"The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the morestar systems will slip through your fingers." - Princess Leia

Well...

I never would have invented typewriters in the first place had I known how this would all end.

• Like 1

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who didn't discuss "what feminism can do for men," and that is pretty much everyone, derailed it.

But the typewriter thing put me over the top. I was expecting the sexism, but the typewriters on top of sexism put me over the top.

Yeah. Typewriters aren't very sexy.

well darnnit! this conversation isn't going the way I want, so I'm taking my typewriter and leaving the sandbox...

wait... DARNY DARN DARNIT.... I have to use the typewriter to.... DARN!

• Like 2

No, not getting sex, your 'neglect' is insignificant in comparison to what objectification and its effects cause, which have their root in slavery. Slavery of half our population. Thats not a straw man argument. Not how you worded it. your simple point was:

"But the more they get ignored, dismissed and even further marginalized, the more they will implode.."

Allow me to clarify myself. Sexual neglect can be classified as a form of sexual objectification.

Whereby, one is also reduced to one's sexual worth to another...but then deemed worthless in that capacity - just to add further insult to injury. :D

That's why I say it is actually an even more painful form of objectification - because it is objectification + rejection, instead of objectification + acceptance. Where rejection is more painful than acceptance.

And I was actually referring more to your own "denialist" attitude towards their plight as expressed in your comments. Of course I also condemn his actions, but his underlying pain of teen angst - worrying that one won't be able to attract a sexual mate for love - is pretty universal and very relatable. Almost like a broken record, in fact, lol...

Well he was seeing a psych professional if I remember right. I thought you would appreciate a 'Manly' response... But to be fair, I miss read the meaning of your question.

I simply asked if your own partner met the "dating" criteria (attractive, sex-supplying, pleasing, yin and gentle, soft and charming) that you had just denounced as so "sexistly oppressive??"

In lieu of answering that question...you threw a tantrum with an enraged, false-accusational strawmen rebuttal...

Do diversion and bullying tactics really still allow you to dodge any self-awareness or inconvenient truths? :wacko: If so, your loss...

And who cares if a woman wants to be with a cocky risky bastard? Maybe she wants to live a little, and when she meets 'good' guys, or nice guys, she gets that ~ 'I want to make you my wife and have babies' vibe?

Well, it's pointless to keep complaining about men who abuse & sexually objectify women...if enough women keep choosing to be with such men who abuse & objectify them. That's like complaining about unhealthy food & pesticides...while you keep buying non-organic food. Our own individual choices are what endorse, enable & perpetuate behaviors in our own micro lives and macro society as a whole. So YES, they do make all the difference in our worlds!!!

fifty-shades-of-grey-movie.jpg

Of course, if you have a vested interest in helping yourself under the guise of helping others...then you would simply keep inflating and reinforcing your existing paradigm and completely ignore that connection of self-accountability. Because empowering others might be the last thing you want. Instead, the more villainous the strawman, the more codependent the damsel in distress and the more heroic and indispensable the rescuer becomes...

lossless-page1-416px-The_drama_triangle_Peach-SMB-All-Stars-279x300.jpg

Edited by vortex

Is there another Taoism forum where the moderators do a better job, and/or there are people

who actually discuss a given question?

At this point, I don't think even the moderators could guide this group.

You are doing just fine here. No need for drastic changes. But there is always the Tea House if it still exists.

Yeah. Typewriters aren't very sexy.

Then you're doing it wrong.

What else can get all my fingers workin like only a typewriter can?

• Like 3

Then you're doing it wrong.

What else can get all my fingers workin like only a typewriter can?

Hehehe. I do not dare respond to that.

I would like to call attention to this point (as good points tend to get lost in the shuffle:

Allow me to clarify myself. Sexual neglect can be classified as a form of sexual objectification.

Whereby, one is also reduced to one's sexual worth to another...but then deemed worthless in that capacity - just to add further insult to injury. :D

That's why I say it is actually an even more painful form of objectification - because it is objectification + rejection, instead of objectification + acceptance. Where rejection is more painful than acceptance.

What's the worst thing a male 16+ years old can be called?

Creep? Weirdo? Stalker? Loner? Loser?

How about: virgin.

The older you are, the worse it gets.

"Why would anyone want to be with YOU?"

Must be creepy. Must be a weirdo. Must be a misogynist. Must be abusive towards women behind closed doors. After all, if he wasn't, he'd have a girlfriend, he wouldn't be a 26 year old virgin.

• Like 2

Typewriters History of typewriters, typing, and qwerty keyboards

By Mary Bellis

a0036-000010-F.jpg
Kim Zumwalt/ The image Bank/ Getty images

A typewriter by definition is a small machine, either electric or manual, with type keys that produced characters one at a time on a piece of paper inserted around a roller. Typewriters have been largely replaced by personal computers and home printers.

Christopher Sholes

Christopher Sholes was an American mechanical engineer, born on February 14, 1819 in Mooresburg, Pennsylvania, and died on February 17, 1890 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He invented the first practical modern typewriter in 1866, with the financial and technical support of his business partners Samuel Soule and Carlos Glidden. Five years, dozens of experiments, and two patents later, Sholes and his associates produced an improved model similar to today's typewriters.

QWERTY

The Sholes typewriter had a type-bar system and the universal keyboard was the machine's novelty, however, the keys jammed easily. To solve the jamming problem, another business associate, James Densmore, suggested splitting up keys for letters commonly used together to slow down typing. This became today's standard "QWERTY" keyboard.

Remington Arms Company

Christopher Sholes lacked the patience required to market a new product and decided to sell the rights to the typewriter to James Densmore. He, in turn, convinced Philo Remington (the rifle manufacturer) to market the device. The first "Sholes & Glidden Typewriter" was offered for sale in 1874 but was not an instant success. A few years later, improvements made by Remington engineers gave the typewriter machine its market appeal and sales skyrocketed.

Typewriter Trivia
  • George K. Anderson of Memphis, Tennessee patented the typewriter ribbon on 9/14/1886.
  • The first electric typewriter was the Blickensderfer.
  • In 1944, IBM designs the first typewriter with proportional spacing.
  • Pellegrine Tarri made an early typewriter that worked in 1801 and invented carbon paper in 1808.
  • In 1829, William Austin Burt invents the typographer, a predecessor to the typewriter.
  • Mark Twain enjoyed and made use of new inventions, he was the first author to submit a typewritten manuscript to his publisher.

Must be creepy. Must be a weirdo. Must be a misogynist. Must be abusive towards women behind closed doors. After all, if he wasn't, he'd have a girlfriend, he wouldn't be a 26 year old virgin.

Honestly, prostitutes are not so bad for the problem of you being a virgin, and if you find a nice one she might be more kind to you than some females out there.

That is, if the problem really is about sex.

Yeah, I know, you will turn this argument around and make it seem like I was the one who brought up the topic of sex ^^

PS: For solution of the problem I'd really focus more on the egoist thing. Nobody really likes to be with an egoist.

Edited by Yascra

@tyler zambori, I really don't get what you're aiming at, I would just prefer you'd use your main account for it.

I would like to call attention to this point (as good points tend to get lost in the shuffle:

What's the worst thing a male 16+ years old can be called?

Creep? Weirdo? Stalker? Loner? Loser?

How about: virgin.

The older you are, the worse it gets.

"Why would anyone want to be with YOU?"

I knew a 30 year old virgin. It was mostly due to lack of social skills and being to shy. Well also the fact that his parents told him all throughout his life how evil sex was.... but even dating, he was to shy to approach women, to even say hi, or talk at all.

Actually out of all the guys I've been friends with, the ones with the good social skills were the ones who had the most dates, physical appearance being nearly irrelevant! (no I don't mean the fancy how to pickup chicks social skills, I mean being able to talk to people in general sort).

• Like 1

Typewriters History of typewriters, typing, and qwerty keyboards

By Mary Bellis

a0036-000010-F.jpg
Kim Zumwalt/ The image Bank/ Getty images

A typewriter by definition is a small machine, either electric or manual, with type keys that produced characters one at a time on a piece of paper inserted around a roller. Typewriters have been largely replaced by personal computers and home printers.

Christopher Sholes

Christopher Sholes was an American mechanical engineer, born on February 14, 1819 in Mooresburg, Pennsylvania, and died on February 17, 1890 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He invented the first practical modern typewriter in 1866, with the financial and technical support of his business partners Samuel Soule and Carlos Glidden. Five years, dozens of experiments, and two patents later, Sholes and his associates produced an improved model similar to today's typewriters.

QWERTY

The Sholes typewriter had a type-bar system and the universal keyboard was the machine's novelty, however, the keys jammed easily. To solve the jamming problem, another business associate, James Densmore, suggested splitting up keys for letters commonly used together to slow down typing. This became today's standard "QWERTY" keyboard.

Remington Arms Company

Christopher Sholes lacked the patience required to market a new product and decided to sell the rights to the typewriter to James Densmore. He, in turn, convinced Philo Remington (the rifle manufacturer) to market the device. The first "Sholes & Glidden Typewriter" was offered for sale in 1874 but was not an instant success. A few years later, improvements made by Remington engineers gave the typewriter machine its market appeal and sales skyrocketed.

Typewriter Trivia
  • George K. Anderson of Memphis, Tennessee patented the typewriter ribbon on 9/14/1886.
  • The first electric typewriter was the Blickensderfer.
  • In 1944, IBM designs the first typewriter with proportional spacing.
  • Pellegrine Tarri made an early typewriter that worked in 1801 and invented carbon paper in 1808.
  • In 1829, William Austin Burt invents the typographer, a predecessor to the typewriter.
  • Mark Twain enjoyed and made use of new inventions, he was the first author to submit a typewritten manuscript to his publisher.

I think we need to investigate something...

Honestly, prostitutes are not so bad for the problem of you being a virgin, and if you find a nice one she might be more kind to you than some females out there.

That is, if the problem really is about sex.

You may be surprised, but for a fair amount of guys the core problem is not about sex. Sex is a symptom, not the root issue.

Sure, they can get a prostitute and pop their cherry. For some, it's all downhill from there. For others, it's a lifetime continual reliance of prostitutes because they aren't able to form real relationships with women (which include, but are not limited to, sex).

PS: For solution of the problem I'd really focus more on the egoist thing. Nobody really likes to be with an egoist.

Actually, you'd be surprised.

Then again, maybe I'm just thinking about the hot young girls who haven't fully developed yet emotionally and don't know that egoist assholes are not the guys to waste their time on...

But I dunno, I get some nice attention from the older birds too ;) but I guess age and maturity do not necessarily correlate...

(no I don't mean the fancy how to pickup chicks social skills, I mean being able to talk to people in general sort).

It's interesting, when you get down to it, how much they overlap.

• Like 1

Actually, you'd be surprised.

I think you would. But to wait for some people to develop sensitivity would really take too much time.

I was a virgin once.

I'm a virgin every time because every experience is my first time experiencing that exact moment.

I know. Smooth, huh?

• Like 3