Tibetan_Ice

This guy sounds enlightened to me.

He know's what he's talking about... but..should he be talking about it like that in such detail? There's a reason ancient teachings are elusive.

In my opinion, you should avoid watching things like this unless you have already experienced something you believe to be enlightenment. I mean a truly enlightening moment, not just the realisation that there is something more to life.

• Like 2

He makes it sound as if he just sat down one day and this happened to him the first time he meditated?? Or did I miss something? Wouldn't that be umm somewhat rare? Lol

• Like 1

He sounds like a thousand other voices who claim to be enlightened.

There is such a state as enlightenment, but no 'body' can get there. Its an experience of ongoing awareness, but the moment words enter the fray, the experiences gets frozen and zoned off into the past, which means its history.

In full awareness, one loses self-consciousness. Hence, enlightenment being the state of unencumbered awareness, equates to losing the self completely. Which is why there is no 'body' to experience a state labelled 'enlightenment'. A 'body', by virtue of being a 'body', has limitations.

In fact, there is only very little potential for gaining complete freedom while in the body, thats why it normally takes many transitional phases to finally attain full realization. Certainly one can use these very limitations to become unbound, but once unbounded, there is no point in re-announcing one's limitations, which is what i think most speakers of enlightenment are doing.

Without announcing their limitations disguised as profound methods of achieving enlightenment, the intended audience cannot fully grasp the speaker's or writer's claim of being enlightened. Essentially, what happens is, those who listen or attend to such claims are getting a picture of the speaker's limitations, and not his actual experience of enlightenment, because the actual experience of enlightenment cannot be spoken, as its always happening as a process in the present. But, like anything else, without the dramatic contrast, there is no story to tell.

As per human proclivities, there will always be a lucrative market for stories of people's limitations. This makes one's life seem to contain more possibilities for transformation into something divine and totally free, which is a natural yearning of every sentient being. By noticing other people's limits, we get distracted from seeing our own, and makes us forget the mundaneness of existence for a while -- this is one way of explaining delusional thinking.

• Like 8

Could be a false flag I suppose but the guy seems genuine enough.

He's got to that point without any obvious teacher and maybe that shows in the testimony which comes across a bit like one of those Xtian conversion ' I once was blind but NOW I see' riffs that we've all seen and heard before now.

Any half way decent teacher would be congratulating the guy on his journey so far but reminding him that it's ALL journey and where he believes he has 'arrived' at is no sort of destination whatsoever.

By the act and the fact of bigging up his 'experience' then whatever experience he did have has dissolved.

Note that he speaks and writes in an implied past tense throughout " as a result of this I have become thus."

Classic duality right there.

That said it's a nice story, thanks for posting the link.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

Kinda related to what I experienced during one of my ayahuasca trips. With the difference that I probably was more overwhelmed and 'gave up' instead of courageously being ready to face death and, not sure whether related to that or not, didn't remember much of the enlightened part, only that I did experience that 'everythingness'.

If I had a trip like that again these days, I'd probably interpret certain things differently, with less misunderstanding, and thus less fear.

• Like 1

And now he gets to live the rest of his life dealing with the ramifications of the I Am Consciousness. Every day is further opportunity to align one's self with the I Am and act accordingly....as I'm sure he knows.

• Like 3

And now he gets to live the rest of his life dealing with the ramifications of the I Am Consciousness. Every day is further opportunity to align one's self with the I Am and act accordingly....as I'm sure he knows.

Fun fact: Attaining compassion for 'evildoers' is something you don't even need a spiritual experience for. Personally, I reached it through plain and simple investigation of worldly affairs that then kinda led me into spiritual studies, which mostly just solidified and further explained and deepened the reasoning.

To me, compassion is a rational function of social intelligence. The mind is the controller and the thing that decides how much the heart is allowed to open.

Fun fact: Attaining compassion for 'evildoers' is something you don't even need a spiritual experience for. Personally, I reached it through plain and simple investigation of worldly affairs that then kinda led me into spiritual studies, which mostly just solidified and further explained and deepened the reasoning.

To me, compassion is a rational function of social intelligence. The mind is the controller and the thing that decides how much the heart is allowed to open.

I found after interrogating rapists and child molesters for some years that I developed a real compassion for these people. Most of them, I realized, were stuck in their mind on some level at an early age where something awful happened to them. Can't say this is 100% of the time, but I would go so far to say 80%. And that was before I was enticed by spirituality of any sort.

• Like 4

He know's what he's talking about... but..should he be talking about it like that in such detail? There's a reason ancient teachings are elusive.

In my opinion, you should avoid watching things like this unless you have already experienced something you believe to be enlightenment. I mean a truly enlightening moment, not just the realisation that there is something more to life.

Many Ancient teachings are not trying to be elusive, they are talking to the people of that time - and times change.

In the West real everyday people that were born from non-immaculate non-virgins and who fart and burp are Awakening.

They are awakening from all walks of life, and unlike our recent past, they are not all going to insane asylums or getting drug treatment because we live in a society that is clueless regarding Awakening. Many of them are finding real help from other Awakened individuals (love the internet) and this Awakening) is currently at a rate that is unprecedented in written history.

The very vast majority of seekers are clueless about Awakening but the number of Awakened teachers that are available by skype, e-mail, phone and in-person has brought them into our lives like never before. And if you hate Skype, e-mail and phones - just remember the story of the guy drowning and asking for gods help and when boats and planes and all sorts of help arrives and he refuses it because he is waiting for god and after he dies he asks god why he forsook him, god says "I sent boats and planes and ...."

I've sat in large groups and could not hear or see the teacher, I could not hear or see the question asker - with skype or in podcasts the clarity is nearly perfect and you are right there looking at them from inches or feet away.

We have such extreme perfection pictures of who or what should become enlightened - this video was of someone who has Awakened - I do not know if he is awake/fully aware 7/24 as one who is truely awakened is - but he is no longer speaking from his practice or books or clairvoyance or intuition.

Go to www.batgap.com

You will find over 200 interviews with people from all walks of life telling of their Awakening, just before and after it happened.

Start with the first 200 because lately they have veered off into many other types of interviews.

As you watch or listen to the interviews notice just how much judgement you are steeped in, and also notice the vast differences in the Awakening process - what a joy to know that the "rules" are part of the illusion and that Awakening is at hand every moment.

Dawg has recently awoken - he is here - look at his story - he relates a story of one monk who awoke when he was taking a piss.

Dawg clearly awoke - yet in his postings he is practically passed over as just another one of us with a high point that happened lately, and then we yawn and go on with our blogging.

We live in extremely exciting times. - awakened teachers are in every big city and the coasts are glittering with them. (one in a whole country would be a great thing in the past)

But don't pass the ones you are holding hands with right here. So many experts - so few questions.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 4

Dawg has recently awoken - he is here - look at his story - he relates a story of one monk who awoke when he was taking a piss.

When taking a piss, chances are very high that one isn't looking for enlightenment.

• Like 3

Many Ancient teachings are not trying to be elusive, they are talking to the people of that time - and times change. In the West real everyday people that were born from non-immaculate non-virgins and who fart and burp are Awakening. They are awakening from all walks of life, and unlike our recent past, they are not all going to insane asylums or getting drug treatment because we live in a society that is clueless regarding Awakening. Many of them are finding real help from other Awakened individuals and this is currently at a rate that is unprecedented in written history. The very vast majority of seekers are clueless about Awakening but the number of teachers that are available by skype, e-mail, phone and in-person has brought them into our lives like never before. And if you hate Skype, e-mail and phones - just remember the story of the guy drowning and asking for gods help and when boats and planes and all sorts of help arrives and he refuses it because he is waiting for god and after he dies he asks god why he forsook him, god says "I sent boats and planes and ...." I've sat in large groups and could not hear or see the teacher, I could not hear or see the question asker - with skype or in podcasts the clarity is nearly perfect and you are right there looking at them from inches or feet away. We have such extreme perfection pictures of who or what should become enlightened - this video was of someone who has Awakened - I do not know if he is awake/fully aware 7/24 as one who is truely awakened is - but he is no longer speaking from his practice or books or clairvoyance or intuition. To to www.batgap.com You will find over 200 interviews with people from all walks of life telling of their Awakening, just before and after it happened. Start with the first 200 because lately they have veered off into many other types of interviews.

I agree with all that you've said, however my main concern was this: He goes into quite a bit of detail on key points, a guide of what to look out for basically and how to react to it. Being spoon fed like that will surely take away from the experience when it comes, if it actually comes at all for those that are now expecting it...it's also a little more advanced than your basic first awakening moment

While we're on the topic of this vast awakening, where do you think it's heading? (I'm sure you know I respect your wisdom) At the moment there's quite a bit of chaos...I see it as a potential problem that so many people are suddenly having these moments. Why? Because it seems as if the same old patterns are arising - there's a general message of love, peace and harmony - but there are so many factions already each with differences. There're also a lot of hardcore followers within those groups who become delusional, those seeking the limelight, those that "abuse the system" and undoubtedly the current people in power, who will have a hand in each. Will they then eventually claim a piece of land as theirs for that specific practice? Will boarders once again divide us, causing conflict? And after the wars will we once again meet back at this point?

Of course lets hope that stays put in the wild imagination box. I'm rooting for everybody coming together and sharing their ideas without enforcing them - but I'd still like to see some Easter eggs left hidden for the kids to find along the way.

• Like 3

In the illusion the winds never cease and we are always on the brink of total disaster - (we are also always on the brink of an alternative).

Whether our human form is sustained or not, we are doing just fine and things are becoming much brighter everyday.

The Awakened state is where we should all be starting so to speak, it should be common, it is "normal".

Take-in these teachings - enjoy every spoonful - none of this was to be hidden - if it was veiled there was a reason and those reasons have passed. We are not burning books and skinning people alive.

Each teacher has his own wording - and in the West we are not accustom to many of the new teachers ways. We are steeped in an implausible past, in words meant for other bodies, other times and yet none of it was without merit. Some of it speaks directly into our souls and is beyond all time, but much of what we need to eat needs to be fresh for our present awareness and proclivities and blindness.

A great Awakened Western teacher may charge some money, may be fat and poorly dressed or slim and slick. He may be a She and both of them may have no background in cultivation in this life. They may have a story you don't like, choose words that are to potent for the judgement they trigger in you, they may be too simple, too direct, too fast.

But unlike any time in our history - great awakened teachers can find their audience - those that can hear their words - they can find them all over the entire world - you can find one that suits your hearing.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 4

Cracking post and, with your permission; Spotless I'll be using that

" ...words meant for other bodies, other times."

Lyrical that was.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

While we're on the topic of this vast awakening, where do you think it's heading? (I'm sure you know I respect your wisdom) At the moment there's quite a bit of chaos...I see it as a potential problem that so many people are suddenly having these moments. Why? Because it seems as if the same old patterns are arising - there's a general message of love, peace and harmony - but there are so many factions already each with differences. There're also a lot of hardcore followers within those groups who become delusional, those seeking the limelight, those that "abuse the system" and undoubtedly the current people in power, who will have a hand in each. Will they then eventually claim a piece of land as theirs for that specific practice? Will boarders once again divide us, causing conflict? And after the wars will we once again meet back at this point?

I tend to look at things both horizontally and vertically when it comes to time and space and history.

Does it strike anyone else synchronistic that the entire focus / concern of much of the world is on a group named Isis? The name of a god at the beginning of written time? The vast Awakening you spoke of above is certainly possible at this point in time because communications are instantaneous around the world now.? At the speed of light. Communication has made its full circle, its Oroubourus - (I don't think spell check will help me on that one)

In this country, it appears that racism is making its full circle by the conversations it is causing by merit of the fact that we have a man of color as president.

In this country, the concept of marriage is coming full circle, and integrating everybody, to the chagrin of the traditionalists.

We can instantanously interpret each others words to each other on our own machines. The Tower of Babel no longer maintains its hold on the separation of humanity.

But most importantly, we are returning to the wisdom of the ancients. We have seen our communal mistake in industry, and there are those of us returning to the earth in large numbers. And to the wisdom of the ancients - the Sages - the naguals - the Christ Consciousnesses. And those consciousness all reach the same conclusion in the end run: We Are All One.

Some of us understand that the beauty of Jesus Christ, for example, was not that he was any sort of special Son of God, begotten of a virgin. The real beauty is that he was One of Us, he had a mother and father just like us - and he found his inner wisdom through the traditions of the Essenes, the Shamanism side of Judaism - those that practiced earth magic by understanding multiplication and applying it to the physical. That he found his Christ Consciousness by Knowing Thyself, which is what he later preached. He knew that to find one's self was to find his God - and he broke the glass ceiling for many of us in the Western culture, curiously. The Muslims revere the man Jesus as a prophet as well - which is a position of more clarity than our current evangalistic way of being Christians, at least in this country. HE WAS ONE OF US!! The only words in the Bible that mean one iota to me are the ones printed in red letters - the words of Jesus. Because these could just as easily be the words of Buddha, Krishnamurti, any one of enlightened ones who have risen to their full height and seen themselves as they really are. They are creation itself.

Edited by manitou
  • Like 2

Couldn't keep my eyes open for the replies last night but nice responses all round.

Full circle is definitely the right term. This isn't the first time the world will have joined hands. I doubt it will be the last time that such a reunion of ideas is necessary. Like all things, our behaviour is very closely linked to the two forces. Separation and reunion. Creation and destruction. Life and decay and back to life (back to reality, back to the here and noooowww yeah) couldn't resist some 80s gold haha

I mean this in a positive way. I'm pleased to be aware in this moment as a great switch takes place. Do I hope it lasts? Yes and no. Sure for a while it'd seem like heaven on earth...so much positive change. But in the end we know that balance is key...something only 2 cultures in written history have managed to pull off...and even then as they thrive, Yin returns to tear it all down some day.

This inevitable strife between Sunni and Shia in the world right now I believe to be a necessary process, the tearing down that you speak of. And - how arrogant any country is to think they can be an ongoing wedge to keep the two sides from going at it, if indeed that is the motivation right now. Although set off perhaps by al Maliki being unfair to Sunni's, my guess is that it will morph to expand beyond that and tackle ancient rivalries between the two groups.

I feel like things are morphing in the U.S. as well, and we're discovering just how racist remnants of our society can be. Combined with the inevitable clash between all us commoners and the 1% on the top.

Seems like this tearing down process is happening world-wide - chaos with immigration, etc. in so many locations. But perhaps this has always been the case. Perhaps we are all just Aware of this because of our instantaneous communications now. But isn't Awareness what it's all about anyway? That's what moves the dynamic along - Awareness. I think the world chaos is necessary to motivate both individuals and countries to look within. But the Awareness if morphing to include more and more of us.

Edited by manitou

I found after interrogating rapists and child molesters for some years that I developed a real compassion for these people. Most of them, I realized, were stuck in their mind on some level at an early age where something awful happened to them. Can't say this is 100% of the time, but I would go so far to say 80%. And that was before I was enticed by spirituality of any sort.

I worked with such folks at a treatment center for a year. We took a different approach then other treatment centers. We actually cared for each person as if they were a real person and they mattered. They were teens in this particular one. Seeing the transformation from day 1 until the first or second year when they were allowed to go on their way was incredible. It's amazing how different a good environment, and them working on their stuff can do. The horror stories of what they had personally experienced though, yikes. I definitely learned a lot during that time, and picked up some interesting help people work through some intense stuff skills. It is definitely difficult to hate a certain type of person when you find out they really are just like everyone else, but just had so many things in their life that broke then down completely, in a very negative way, over and over and over.

However:

10418218_737418516300995_255383868027820

• Like 3

So so odd (for me) to hear someone explain such a deep and profound experience all analytically and in extreme detail. He does pretty well at explaining the unexplainable, but to me personally explaining the deepest and most profound of experiences (more than just a quick few words) tends to take away from them. I've seen people talk around them in some books, and that tends to work better IMO.

• Like 3

Wasn't it Jesus that said something like 'hate the crime but love the criminal?'

So I have been working on compassion lately. I have also been working on my anger lately. I have also been working on even love and compassion for assholes lately.....

However I was sitting on the bus the other day and picked up a local newspaper someone had left behind. I found a story on how a child pornography ring had just been busted and several children were rescued. They had used infants and toddlers in pornography which went well beyond softcore even.

Yep, all my training went out the window for a bit.

Then I just focused on internal balance for myself.

Perhaps in my next lifetime I can work on compassion or loving for people like this.

I didn't go home and curse them all at least...