Sign in to follow this  
mYTHmAKER

Earthlings

Three pretty depressing topics in a row, Mythter. Visit a happy site, watch some kids play, see a comedy. There's no saying bad things don't exist, or we should close our eyes to them. But spending too much time wallowing in darkness we can't do anything about is bad for the soul.

The whole news industry out there working under the philosophy what bleeds leads. It ignores the billion good boring things happening daily. There's a whole lot of things going right out there. There might even be some good in things that appear bad right now.

Time will tell. Sometimes all you can do is grin, bare it and enjoy the ride. B)

Michael

Three pretty depressing topics in a row, Mythter. Visit a happy site, watch some kids play, see a comedy. There's no saying bad things don't exist, or we should close our eyes to them. But spending too much time wallowing in darkness we can't do anything about is bad for the soul.

Time will tell. Sometimes all you can do is grin, bare it and enjoy the ride. B)

Michael

Sorry to disagree. I don't wallow in darkness.

I just happen to have been sent these from various sources.

Having information is power.

Grinning and baring it, turning a blind eye and enjoying the ride is irresponsible IMHO

Knowing about nano particles in sunscreens gives you choice.

The world clock is just plain interesting. Didn't find it depressing at all. Just a way of seeing the tao - yin and yang. I would have liked it better if they included marriages along with divorces.

I must admit Earthings was a bit heavy. However, I think we should know where our food and clothes come from. Everyone knew in the past when they personally hunted and gathered,

I find comparing the treatment of animals to slave camps something to deal with rather than turn a

blind eye.

What exactly is animal suffering? Does it really matter?

Am I willing to spend more money so that an animal can have a comfortable life and a painless death?

Could the extra money that I spend be used better elsewhere? Who gets to decide?

It often occurs to me that the conceit of environmentalists far exceeds their abilities. If they think they can do a better job, why are you only whining about it? There is a difference between constructive imagination and wild, uncontrolled daydreams.

There is a difference between deciding the best way for yourself to live and trying to impose that belief on others.

I'm w/ Celtic Dragon. The shock treatment gets attention, but turns people off and has little results. We do need to be concerned w/ animal suffering (*confession I omnivore) and try to leave a smaller foot print on the Earth.

I've had Veggie friends get involved in more radical aspects of animal rights and they'd end up sullen and depressed. A dozen times a day 'animal concentration camps' were in there face.

I have respect for Mythmaker and only wanted to say to balance passion for the cause with happiness in everyday life.

:)

Michael

What exactly is animal suffering? Does it really matter?

Am I willing to spend more money so that an animal can have a comfortable life and a painless death?

Could the extra money that I spend be used better elsewhere? Who gets to decide?

It often occurs to me that the conceit of environmentalists far exceeds their abilities. If they think they can do a better job, why are you only whining about it? There is a difference between constructive imagination and wild, uncontrolled daydreams.

There is a difference between deciding the best way for yourself to live and trying to impose that belief on others.

What exactly is human suffering - does it really matter. A lot of people don't think it does as shown by their actions.

Cruelty is cruelty- but we try to kill in a humane fashion.

Doesn't sound like you watched the film.

Since when does posting something constitute whining.

There was / is no intention on imposing anything -

There was an intention of perhaps raising consciousness.

I'm w/ Celtic Dragon. The shock treatment gets attention, but turns people off and has little results. We do need to be concerned w/ animal suffering (*confession I omnivore) and try to leave a smaller foot print on the Earth.

I've had Veggie friends get involved in more radical aspects of animal rights and they'd end up sullen and depressed. A dozen times a day 'animal concentration camps' were in there face.

I have respect for Mythmaker and only wanted to say to balance passion for the cause with happiness in everyday life.

:)

Michael

Michael I usually just do my thing and don't go around preaching. Hopefully I teach by example.

I have a lot of happiness in everyday life.

A friend of mine sent me this film. I saw two minutes and emailed her and asked do I have to watch this.

I'm a vegetarian, my eggs come from free range chickens. Why do I need this in my consciousness.

Anyway I decided I should see the whole thing. It was truly horrible. I thought people should be made aware so they can decide what and if they want to do anything about it. Up to them but at least they shoud be aware. If you don't know and you've got your head in the sand how can you make choices.

Everyone doesn't have to become a vegetarian. There are more humane ways of bringing food to your table.

Also the fear when an animal is killed is passed on to the person who consumes it in the same way certain animals are eaten for their powers.

I am, however, surprised by the defensive reactions to the subject matter.

Sign in to follow this