Sign in to follow this  
Nungali

To all you Canadians out there

Apparently we are sister countries. As our illustrious prime Minister Tony Abbott has declared. Our countries are the most similar and we know more about Canadia than any other place.

Yes ... as Tony says ... Canadia and Australia are very similar <snickers behind hand>

Elsewhere I put up a list of our Prime Ministers most intelligent responses ... it appears whatever is wrong with him is infectious ! After this , Canada's very own Mr Harper committed the same blunder while welcoming Mr Abbott ; "So let me say on behalf of the government of Canadia... Canada," ... DOH ! (blunder ? )

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Our countries are the most similar and we know more about Canadia than any other place.

Except that here in Canada is mostly cold and windy and winter is very long (6 months) and there in Australia is endless summer, sunny and dry. Here we have Rockyes and there you have the Great Reef Barrier.

Not fair! :angry: You know nothing! You (Australians) have no idea how much cold may be! (Cold like in freezing your eyeball inside your skull !!! :blink: )

By the way, did you know that the last snow this year in Calgary was in May !!!

• Like 1

In my travels I've found Canadians and Australians be good traveling companions and hard drinkers.

• Like 1

Except that here in Canada is mostly cold and windy and winter is very long (6 months) and there in Australia is endless summer, sunny and dry. Here we have Rockyes and there you have the Great Reef Barrier.

Not fair! :angry: You know nothing! You (Australians) have no idea how much cold may be! (Cold like in freezing your eyeball inside your skull !!! :blink: )

My Dad's place in Michigan got a couple inches in early June... just ridiculous this year!

In my travels I've found Canadians and Australians be good traveling companions and hard drinkers.

I have a stack of business cards from Aussies who sat at my bar for an afternoon or evening when I tended in NYC.

Each said, "if ye ever get out our way mate, look me up and you'll have a place to stay."

And having grown up in Canada's boot... Minnesota. I have nothing but love for our Northern neighbors.

High class people all around!

Dont forget all that French that is spoken in Canadia too. But aside from that, we do know a lot about your country ... no wonder its cold .... being all the way down there ! Calgary ??? :unsure: Isnt that where they hung some dead guy up on a stick ? It snowed there ? ... Jeeze

We got snow ! Last week 140 snow guns were active on the ski hills ... I mean ski fields.

Oh ... and while I am at it ... more Australian brilliance (its not JUST our P.M.)

Newsreaders voiceover while background newsclip shows 18 snow guns in a row trying to cover a hillside; " The snow guns are going full pelt at Thredbo this week folks ... Australia doing it's bit to combat global warming ...

thank god that 'wayward' youth occasionally attack him !

:)

Have you ever experienced this?

Do you know how is to shovel a pile of snow out of the top of your car for one hour in the morning, go to work - on the road another hour - , while being at work , outside is snowing again for 8 hours another pile of snow on top of your car, then shovel again for one hour to go home. One hour on the road because of the traffic difficulty. It is priceless.

Thank God I came to Vancouver in 2012! Vancouver is the only tiny piece of Canada that is different than the rest of the country.

:)

Have you ever experienced this?

Do you know how is to shovel a pile of snow out of the top of your car for one hour in the morning, go to work - on the road another hour - , while being at work , outside is snowing again for 8 hours another pile of snow on top of your car, then shovel again for one hour to go home. One hour on the road because of the traffic difficulty. It is priceless.

Thank God I came to Vancouver in 2012! Vancouver is the only tiny piece of Canada that is different than the rest of the country.

That was my childhood! Minnesota... Canada's boot eh!

Love it...

I recall a storm that had driven snowbanks up the side of my friend's house once.

The snow banked up the windward side of their house, and ended up lining up perfectly with my buddy's second floor bedroom window.... so...

Our folks were all out for the day, we got bundled up, got our sleds, and proceeded to launch ourselves out his bedroom window all morning after knocking out the screen...

Didn't really think of the ramifications of the sloppy boots tracking up the stairs across his bed... :ph34r:

His folks were so cool and laid back though, his Dad just suggested we climb the bank up to the roof and stay out of the house. It was so great though to grab the window frame and launch like bobsledders...

:) if that is Minnesota, imagine how is Manitoba.

Here is what australians do in winter:

And here what canadians do in winter:

Please dont confuse our Prime Minister (more) with mere details about realities. We are sister countries

(Maybe he is looking for variant 'family connections' after pissing off 'big brother' (USA) over China ? )

families-bully-bullying-big_sister-older

Sign in to follow this