mewtwo

peaceful warrior take 2

so I just wanted to say this in a new topic cause I think If i put it in my old topic I dont think I would have the same impact.

My Armor Is Kindness.My Sword Is Love.My Shield Is Tolerance.
  • Like 5

One of my armors is kindness. The other stiff leather.

One of my swords is love. The other folded steel.

One of my shields is tolerance. The other is ignoring.

• Like 3

My Armor Is Kindness.

My Sword Is Love.

My Shield Is Tolerance.

That's pretty close to the Taoist Sage's Three Treasures.

However, anyone who knows a little of the history of man knows that there is a time for peace and a time for war.

• Like 2

I'm not a big fan of Castaneda, but what he wrote early on about the Big Super Major tyrant will always be Us, our thoughts. All other tyrant and problem makers will be between tiny and little.

• Like 1

That's pretty close to the Taoist Sage's Three Treasures.

However, anyone who knows a little of the history of man knows that there is a time for peace and a time for war.

I like that about the 3 treasures, Marbles. Right on, as I see it.

As to there being a time for peace and a time for war.....I don't know if 'time' is the determining factor here. I'd say ignorance is more the motivating factor for war. Ignorance of how to work things out without killing each other. Certainly there is always a way - it's man's collective national ego (of which WE have in spades!) that acts out of ignorance.

One of my armors is kindness. The other stiff leather.

One of my swords is love. The other folded steel.

One of my shields is tolerance. The other is ignoring.

As I see it, the stiff leather, folded steel, and ignoring can all still be done out of love. Sometimes we have no control over the situation that comes to us, but our response can always be a loving one, even if it involves having to kill another. Far fetched, I know - but I do think this ties in with the reluctant warrior. The Sage's treasure is love - and this is not missed in The Art of War either.

• Like 1

So what was this Big Super Mario thing doing here? :P

Aye, some people around were surprised when I stated I'm okay with army. Said they would have expected I'm a pacifist. Well, I am. I just don't think you'll be able to keep peace and wellbeing without a army that's able to protect those.

Doesn't mean that I'm happy when a situation arises in which war is necessary. But I just don't think it's realistic to hope that you'll be able to maintain some things if nobody's there to fight for them. There'll always be people who won't accept other people's wish to live in peace and prosperity.

Edited by Yascra
  • Like 1

As to there being a time for peace and a time for war.....I don't know if 'time' is the determining factor here. I'd say ignorance is more the motivating factor for war. Ignorance of how to work things out without killing each other. Certainly there is always a way - it's man's collective national ego (of which WE have in spades!) that acts out of ignorance.

Yeah, that concept could be discussed until there is no one left to discuss it. Seems that we humans can find more reasons to hate others than we can find to love them.

I agree with your "ignorance" view but we must also consider "greed".

Not forgetting after...

1. Greed - Wanting too much of something...

There's those other guys....

2. Gluttony - Similar to greed, but gluttony is the action of taking too much of something in.

3. Lust - The need to fulfill unspiritual desires (not just sexual desires, but this is usually what lust is associated with.)

4. Envy - Jealousy; wanting to have what someone has.

5. Sloth - Being too slow or lazy at doing something.

6. Wrath - Vindictive anger; angry revenge.

7. Pride - Being too self-satisfied

Plus the support act...

War

Famine

Pestilence

Death

Barry the Drummer

( but he left before they became famous)

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

Not forgetting after...

1. Greed - Wanting too much of something...

There's those other guys....

2. Gluttony - Similar to greed, but gluttony is the action of taking too much of something in.

3. Lust - The need to fulfill unspiritual desires (not just sexual desires, but this is usually what lust is associated with.)

4. Envy - Jealousy; wanting to have what someone has.

5. Sloth - Being too slow or lazy at doing something.

6. Wrath - Vindictive anger; angry revenge.

7. Pride - Being too self-satisfied

What a perfect list of character imperfections to work on for clarity.

• Like 1

Keep your enemies near. Beware of near enemies.

Love thy enemies - but see them for what they are and maintain the proper stance. To label them as an enemy at all is to cut off 50% of our options.

• Like 1

I had one conversation with an Uncle, who was CIA retired. He'd been living in seclusion in Europe since before I was born and I met him when I was 17 and he'd just come back to America for the first time since his dept was disbanded.

I asked him about his thoughts on the military, which was roughly this:

"...anyone who has ever been conscripted, handed a weapon and sent to a foreign land to murder people he/she's never met, knows that society is not their friend....

anyone, in my opinion, who willingly signs up for a weapon, and goes to a foreign land to murder people he/she's never met, was given their big brain by mistake... "

that said, it's a bastardized version of a quote by Einstein, but the sentiment is pretty much truth for me, aside from the fact that sometimes, we need to stand up and put down rabid animals that are forces of rampant destruction.

in the end, there can be no yang without yin, unless somewhere in the universe there is an ocean with waves that have crests and no troughs...

• Like 2