Sign in to follow this  
soaring crane

One for the weapons 🔫 fans

Already got one.

EDIT: One of each, that is!

Edited by Brian
  • Like 2

haha! :D

I just really enjoyed that. Especially the spoon knife in the beginning where you could actually take him seriously.

• Like 3

Yes, I got the link from George Takei at facebook.

George Takei links to many funny things on his facebook page. Usually worthwhile for a laugh.

• Like 2

I'm going to have to disguise my nunchucks like that so my wife won't notice I still

have them

She's always after me Lucky Charms :ph34r:

post-109829-0-55898800-1403021410_thumb.jpg

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 4

I'm going to have to disguise my nunchucks like that so my wife won't notice I still

have them

I know .... tell her they are for flailing rice ! ;)

You could also disguise your tonfa as a winding handle, your kama as rice harvesting sickles, your eku as an oar, you jo as a walking staff, your bo for a pole to carry 2 buckets of water on your shoulders with and your sai as .... as ...... damn!

I was on a roll there :(

• Like 1

I know .... tell her they are for flailing rice ! ;)

You could also disguise your tonfa as a winding handle, your kama as rice harvesting sickles, your eku as an oar, you jo as a walking staff, your bo for a pole to carry 2 buckets of water on your shoulders with and your sai as .... as ...... damn!

I was on a roll there :(

I broke her lamp :ph34r: - so nunchucks are taboo

I blamed the dog- but

It didn't work :unsure:

• Like 2

Your dog can use nunchucks .... wow ... impressive !

(No wonder she didnt believe him. )

• Like 3

I broke her lamp :ph34r: - so nunchucks are taboo

I blamed the dog- but

It didn't work :unsure:

Hehehe. About a year ago I was practicing two-sword Tai Chi in the living room and killed one of my lamp shades.

But seriously, collecting concealed blades is a hobby for some people. They are illegal to carry in public but still can be bought and collected if you have the right kind of money. And, of course, the older they are the more money they demand. One's that are documented are very rare indeed.

At the last gun show I went to there was a vendor selling ball-point pen stilettos.

• Like 2

haha...that's why I use the foam nunchakus....but I'm more in danger of taking out a lamp with my tj sword :lol:

• Like 2

My ceiling still has a dent or two from short staff practice.

Note next time use even shorter staff when indoors.

• Like 2

I remember being small enough that no matter how hard I hit the ball, I couldnt reach the end of the backyard - with my driver :lol:

• Like 1

This has nothing to do with the OP, but I wanted some input from weapons/gun fans. I've never handled a handgun (did skeet/rifle in boyscout camp). I've got a groupon at a gun range. Thirty minutes instruction, then I can shoot 30 or 40 rounds. I can pick from any hand gun .22, .38. .44 etc.,

I want to learn how to load and unload safely, where the safety is. What else should I be concerned with and as a beginner who probably won't ever own a gun, any handgun I should concentrate on? For some reason I think I'd be more comfortable with a smaller caliber.

just stay away from the glocks with the weird double-trigger "safety" on it and you'll do fine. if you want the most simple go with a revolver. unless you're going to shoot a ton of rounds the caliber wont matter a ton unless you've got a desert eagle or something :lol:

outside of that, gun safety is no different for a long gun vs handgun...

-dont point the gun at anything you dont intend to shoot

-its ALWAYS loaded

-dont even so much as put your finger on the trigger unless you are ready to unleash holy hell at what's at the other end

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 3

outside of that, gun safety is no different for a long gun vs handgun...

-dont point the gun at anything you dont intend to shoot

-its ALWAYS loaded

-dont even so much as put your finger on the trigger unless you are ready to unleash holy hell at what's at the other end

Yep:

it's ALWAYS loaded

Some people are always loaded.

But yes, a handgun should be clean, loaded and locked (safety on). (And safety is off before it is pointed at anything that is going to be fired on.)

safety off is the first action after target acquired and sight is generally on it, as I was taught. then its finger on trigger/breath/target sighting.

unless you are at a range and firing another one, the safety goes right back on.

safety off is the first action after target acquired and sight is generally on it, as I was taught. then its finger on trigger/breath/target sighting.

unless you are at a range and firing another one, the safety goes right back on.

Real combat is a little different. If it is facing you holding a weapon pointed at you you best be firing and not playing with your safety.

• Like 1

almost put in there that caveat! thankfully, we're not training for urban warfare...

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this