Sign in to follow this  
zenyogi

Any chess players here?

I played a lot of chess in my life, lately a ton on chess.com, it's just such an incredible game, so profound.

But I've noticed how it drains my mental power after playing or studying the game lot and feel it's not helping me on my spiritual path..

Anyone feels the same way? What are your experiences?

• Like 1

King's pawn to E3

Bagua seems to have a lot in common with Chess, but instead of a 64 tile square board, we're in a 262,144 'block mesh field' and instead of having 16 pieces to move, we have 4096... AND instead of taking turns, it's all live action and fluid :D

Edited by Vanir Thunder Dojo Tan
  • Like 3

I haven't regularly played chess since I was a child. I had asthma quite badly and had to be indoors for recess most days. I ended up sitting through most lunches with my science teacher playing chess - I despise the game now. I was rated 1600 with little to no application of myself to the game.

If you find it mentally stressful then get out for a walk afterward.

• Like 1

I've played a fair amount of chess but haven't done that well at Chess.com

I see it mostly as a mental war game but if one can see and enjoy its artistic and creative aspects it should be less draining.

Chess binges don't help ones game, I know that ;). I also think that speed chess faster 10 minutes each can easily hurt ones game.

• Like 1

magic?

Maybe, if i can get you in checkmate in 4 moves! :lol:

Edit: edited it! LOL :lol: i meant bishop. i always mix the names for whatever odd reason! :lol: yes, very magical :lol:

Edited by Vanir Thunder Dojo Tan

Sign in to follow this