SonOfTheGods

The "Official" Mo Pai & "Things You Might Not Know About Real Mo Pai" Thread

There was a Buddhist thread a number of years of that Vajraji started that was much longer than this one. We were debating the the concept of 'no self'. :lol:

+1

There's some similarity too.

No self.

No 'real' MoPai.

Could be twins.

+1 There's some similarity too. No self. No 'real' MoPai. Could be twins.

Is this an attempt at mockery?

If anyone wants to investigate or debate the premise of 'not self' instead of sneering at any given opportunity, please start a topic in the appropriate section.

If one finds difficulty in differentiating Mo Pai and Buddhism, one needs to go back to the basics, and probably best to stay there quietly until one learns how to properly distinguish the differences between the many spiritual traditions.

Even though i am not a Mo Pai supporter, at least i know when not to conflate Mo Pai and Buddhism.

• Like 2

I think the only eluded to similarities between the 2 paths/topics being how quickly and for how long, TTBs threads go downhill for.

• Like 1

Chang!

Where are you?

:)

No self.

Implies " No" self.

Let's stick with labels for a moment, attaching religion to it just causes dissent.

No MoPai implies "No" MoPai.

Factor out belief ( wishful thinking with literature) and a correlation may be fairly made.

Better yet.

Lock this rambling thread.

It unravelled pages ago.

:)

Edited by GrandmasterP

I think the only eluded to similarities between the 2 paths/topics being how quickly and for how long, TTBs threads go downhill for.

And im saying these kinds of allusions remind me of sniggering children.

And im saying these kinds of allusions remind me of sniggering children.

Let's stick with labels for a moment, attaching religion to it just causes dissent.

As it seems to have done CT.

I cast no aspersions on Buddhism by making a connection between a lengthy No Self thread alluded to by another poster and this lengthy MoPai thread.

My point remains that this thread could well be locked for all the purpose it serves beyond fostering dissension.

Edited by GrandmasterP

I cast no aspersions on Buddhism by making a connection between a lengthy No Self thread alluded to by another poster and this lengthy MoPai thread.

Its a good thing no aspersions were cast because to do so without getting a grip on the proper terminology of anatta would simply make one look foolish.

• Like 1

Yet Kosta no longer practices the system far as I know and some of his writing indicate. That can be telling. Most of the time you find something that connects and is powerful you stick with it. Yet people like Kosta, haven't. Heck people like MPG(doesn't have the time) a rabid promoter, doesn't practice anymore.

There are arts that people stick and grow with for a life time.

Kosta doesn't practice anymore, because he dislikes the fact that westerners are not accepted in the school. Beside that fact, he was kicked out of the school, I'm sure he didn't enjoy that. He still holds on to similar (or the same) ideas as he did before, as you'll notice if you read his book about pammachon.

Are you guys really serious about going around shooting one another to prove a point? Man.... would you just reflect on this for a minute and think what it sounds like, and how claiming such cwazy stunts have any bearing on spiritual development sounds so incredibly stupid, childish and basically shallow.

Based on what you have said, its apparent that you guys have been carried away by fantasy. What a shame cos there's so much intelligence and potential in all of you. Misdirected somewhat, and rather hopeful... but however it is, i think you guys are chasing nothing but flowers in the sky.

Of course we won't go around shooting each other, what a twisted idea. It was merely a point I was making, that even at close distance a rifle will do damage. Not that I was going to shoot anyone or myself for that sake of spiritual development. It sounds as though you didn't completely read the context in which that point was made.

We are practicing what we feel is a good practice. You are doing the same. Most people on the forum are doing the same. You don't have to accept it. Many people here are in disagreement with those that are interested in MoPai, but my own experience with it is good. If I'm already enjoying practice and have my confidence in it, there is no reason I should force myself to submit to someone else's opinion merely on the account of their own perceptions and experience.

• Like 1

Of course we won't go around shooting each other, what a twisted idea. It was merely a point I was making, that even at close distance a rifle will do damage. Not that I was going to shoot anyone or myself for that sake of spiritual development. It sounds as though you didn't completely read the context in which that point was made. We are practicing what we feel is a good practice. You are doing the same. Most people on the forum are doing the same. You don't have to accept it. Many people here are in disagreement with those that are interested in MoPai, but my own experience with it is good. If I'm already enjoying practice and have my confidence in it, there is no reason I should force myself to submit to someone else's opinion merely on the account of their own perceptions and experience.

The disagreements stem mostly from 2 main reasons, both of which are not unreasonable at all. One, Mo Pai is a dead-end practice, and two, the verbal mannerisms of certain individuals who seem to always leave a bad impression with others.

In relation to what you assumed to be a relevant point, well, i really dont see any purpose in trying to prove progress by attempting to shoot one another. Its foolish and shallow. If yogis have to go around shooting one another to demonstrate their prowesses, there will be a lot of accidentally dead yogis all over the place.

But i agree with you, if you are enjoying the practice, by all means carry on. What others say should not detract you from that. One of the main problems i think where people cant seem to take you guys seriously is due to the dubious manner in which one or two of your buddies carry themselves.

• Like 1

Ok im pretty new to this forum and I only do stillness meditation.

I read the magus of java and decided to do a search for it on this forum and super holy cow!

I read this thread and.....

Man O Man what is it about this stuff that makes the freaks come out?

Guys I just dont know where all this ego is coming from. We are all westerners none of us really have the inside scoop on this.

I mean I look and see bickering and name calling theories posted as pure and utter gospel.

Where is the professionalism in dignity in these types of actions?

My point being that we as westerners dont even now if the mopai training has a name to it.

Im sure that the mopai doesnt refer to their meditations as mopai...im sure it has a name. Each level might have a name...

And if one doesnt know that or if even thought to ask the question then they are no expert in that system.

If someone was teaching me qi gong and they didnt even know the name of it or if it even had a name I wouldnt continue learning from that person....

Its a question of professionalism. How professional was the man who taught you your current training?

From what I read about the mopai training in the boos it looks lie they had a lot of test to pass.

Pushing a chop stick thru a table moving things from a distance and breaking a bamboo tree that is a few inches thick.

Im sorry I just cant believe some of what was said on this thread from people who did not learn as professionals and had passed tests in their field of study.

In no where in human society does things work like this. You must be professionally trained and pass your tests to be considered an expert in that field.

Now me in no expert and I am very confidant in the fact that jim and kosta and john are more powerful than me.

Sorry for the rant this was aimed at no one in particular. :)

Edited by JinlianPai

Ok im pretty new to this forum and I only do stillness meditation.

I read the magus of java and decided to do a search for it on this forum and super holy cow!

I read this thread and.....

Man O Man what is it about this stuff that makes the freaks come out?

Guys I just dont know where all this ego is coming from. We are all westerners none of us really have the inside scoop on this.

I mean I look and see bickering and name calling theories posted as pure and utter gospel.

Where is the professionalism in dignity in these types of actions?

My point being that we as westerners dont even now if the mopai training has a name to it.

Im sure that the mopai doesnt refer to their meditations as mopai...im sure it has a name. Each level might have a name...

And if one doesnt now that if even thought to as the question then they are no expert in that system.

If someone was teaching me qi gong and they didnt even now the name of it or if it even had a name I wouldnt continue learning from that person....

Its a question of professionalism. How professional was the man who taught you your current training?

From what I read about the mopai training in the boos it looks lie they had a lot of test to pass.

Pushing a chop stick thru a table moving things from a distance and breaking a bamboo tree that is a few inches thick.

Im sorry I just cant believe some of what was said on this thread from people who did not learn as professionals and had passed tests in their field of study.

In no where in human society does things work like this. You must be professionally trained and pass your tests to be considered an expert in that field.

Now me in no expert and I am very confidant in the fact that jim and kosta and john are more powerful than me.

Sorry for the rant this was aimed at no one in particular. :)

We don't know if Mo Pai has a name to it? The lineage is 'Mo Pai' and the type of practice is 'neigong'. Therefore it's Mo Pai Neigong. Why do you think westerners don't know the name of the system?

We don't know if Mo Pai has a name to it? The lineage is 'Mo Pai' and the type of practice is 'neigong'. Therefore it's Mo Pai Neigong. Why do you think westerners don't know the name of the system?

Ken

I dont know if the meds have a name either. The gist of my post is we are all westerners and we should be more humble.

I have no dog in this im pretty sure that just about everyone on this thread is more exp'ed than me.

Ken I dont know if the meds have a name either. The gist of my post is we are all westerners and we should be more humble. I have no dog in this im pretty sure that just about everyone on this thread is more exp'ed than me.

Why would JC lie about the name of the lineage/practice?

The obsession never stops till its over and something more shiny is found :)

I think the root issue behind the reason why Mo Pai causes so much debate, flame wars, etc. is because is defies the ideas, concepts, and teachings of most other (non-sense) systems. Absorbing yin chi ungrounded, making significant progress in a waking state, etc. are taught in most systems that I know of. Mo Pai says that these teachings are untrue. So basically the thousands of people practicing these useless or almost useless systems attack these claims and vise versa. Most systems agree on key points. Mo Pai is one of the few that disagree with the crowd. This is why it stands out as an odd ball and causes so much controversy.

I think the root issue behind the reason why Mo Pai causes so much debate, flame wars, etc. is because is defies the ideas, concepts, and teachings of most other (non-sense) systems. Absorbing yin chi ungrounded, making significant progress in a waking state, etc. are taught in most systems that I know of. Mo Pai says that these teachings are untrue. So basically the thousands of people practicing these useless or almost useless systems attack these claims and vise versa. Most systems agree on key points. Mo Pai is one of the few that disagree with the crowd. This is why it stands out as an odd ball and causes so much controversy.

I can't help to interject here. The reason there are so many controversies, in my opinion, is because you, MPG and a few folks, who only "learned" a few basic things on Mopai from Jim, claimed you know it all. You took another steps and said that no other systems are worthwhile. If John Chang said that, people may stop and ponder. However, JC didn't say that and would have never said so. He knows there are many systems in China and at one time in the past, China was full of high level neigong practioners and most of them weren't Mopai. Clearly there many ways to neigong. Please stop referring to your own understandings as "Mopai's" views. Edited by Neikung
  • Like 9

Im sorry I just dont understand any of this so please forgive my noobness and ignorance.

I just see things here in this thread that are just unethical let alone moral.

The leeking of private emails of mopai teachings to a public internet forum after the official mopai students ask to be left alone. An then to use the excuse that "Jim is dead now so its ok"....just makes it worse....

To present teachings and to use the name of a school that you have never been formally trained in is wrong.

It just seems that everyone is hungry to get anything mopai that they over look basic human ethics in the process.

Look I thought the magus of java was a interesting book but thats it.

I looked at SOTG forum after the last post suggested it and I just dont get it.

Wouldnt we all be better served learning real systems from real teachers?

Just looking at this thread and the other mopai threads I almost cringe at what the official mopai students must think of us (westerners).

So with being said Id like to say this.

Dear Official MoPai Students,

We westerners are interested in your school but we respect and honor your right to privacy. I know there has been ugliness in the past please forgive us as we are not all like this. The concept of honor does have a place with us westerners. Hopefully this virtue is something that we can show in the future.

Edited by JinlianPai

Im sorry I just dont understand any of this so please forgive my noobness and ignorance.

I just see things here in this thread that are just unethical let alone moral.

The leeking of private emails of mopai teachings to a public internet forum after the official mopai students ask to be left alone. An then to use the excuse that "Jim is dead now so its ok"....just makes it worse....

To present teachings and to use the name of a school that you have never been formally trained in is wrong.

It just seems that everyone is hungry to get anything mopai that they over look basic human ethics in the process.

Look I thought the magus of java was a interesting book but thats it.

I looked at SOTG forum after the last post suggested it and I just dont get it.

Wouldnt we all be better served learning real systems from real teachers?

This is not really so much a discussion about what is at another website... we have already said not to bring it here.

• Like 2

I think that like Jiang, they just know that westerners in general are faaaaaaaascinated by qi tricks, so you wind up with a collection of kids who will chase after enough power to do the tricks with that sole goal in mind, and think that parlor tricks are the standard by which you and your practice should be judged - nevermind all of the mental imbalance and other areas of work that appear to be completely neglected, its all about power, power equals immortality in their small worldview. Can you blame the lineage for saying "you have nothing to do with us, please leave us alone" when the first bits of their practices get passed around and people start claiming to be practicing their lineage, watered down as it may be.

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 1