SonOfTheGods

The "Official" Mo Pai & "Things You Might Not Know About Real Mo Pai" Thread

I looked at level 1&2 on SOTG's site and these are really very basic levels. I can't really see anything to get excited about. Cultivating energy through meditation has great limitations and is the beginner level. Mo Pai is just another system of energy cultivation there are many. John Chang has been developing his yang qi so he can influence material, but his yin qi is weak. I have been cultivating my yin qi, so my power resides in the spirit world and not so strongly in the material world. One cannot cultivate both to a high level at one time. Only when one becomes Immortal does one posses both. Ie one who has powerful yang qi cannot control the spirit world even though they can set alight paper etc.

I must say that I would be lying if I said I believe you. For starters, why do you assume John Chang's Yin Qi is weak? It's obviously very powerful, given that he can absorb the kinetic and potential energy of a bullet with it, cannot be harmed by blades because of it, can project a Yin field where spirits can manifest, and can project a large quantity of Yin Qi to any person, among other things. Yin does have to do with the spirit realm, but is far from being constrained to just that, since John Chang can do so many things with it. Personally, I think it's best for Yin and Yang to be cultivated in equal proportions in Nei Gong, otherwise fusion wouldn't really be possible, and one probably runs the risk of inbalance. I don't believe there is any "specialization" to either Yin or Yang.

Its not much use stopping bullets and blades if your hand can be cut easily with a simple chopstick

Its not much use stopping bullets and blades if your hand can be cut easily with a simple chopstick

He would get cut by bullets and knives if he weren't prepared.

I believe the point is also to be sort of prepared for the blow, preparing the Qi. John Chang probably didn't expect that splinter from that chopstick.

• Like 1

Does anyone know what sort of dietary recommendations, if any, the Mo Pai system makes? I recently heard that one Neigong instructor strongly recommends his students not eat or drink any dairy products.

Does anyone know what sort of dietary recommendations, if any, the Mo Pai system makes? I recently heard that one Neigong instructor strongly recommends his students not eat or drink any dairy products.

Not that I know of. However it is my understanding that you shouldn't train unless you feel healthy, grounded, etc. and health knowledge is common. Basically just eat your vegetables, fruit, nuts, etc. and limit the meat, dairy, sugar, and sodium. There are no direct recommendations other than just staying healthy that I know of.

Edited by KenBrace

I must say that I would be lying if I said I believe you. For starters, why do you assume John Chang's Yin Qi is weak? It's obviously very powerful, given that he can absorb the kinetic and potential energy of a bullet with it, cannot be harmed by blades because of it, can project a Yin field where spirits can manifest, and can project a large quantity of Yin Qi to any person, among other things. Yin does have to do with the spirit realm, but is far from being constrained to just that, since John Chang can do so many things with it. Personally, I think it's best for Yin and Yang to be cultivated in equal proportions in Nei Gong, otherwise fusion wouldn't really be possible, and one probably runs the risk of inbalance. I don't believe there is any "specialization" to either Yin or Yang.

Well I'm sorry to say then your own experience and personal cultivation cannot be that good to say this. If I met John Chang he could not resist or withstand a blade strike if I used my own power. Of course there are many ways to disrupt and to disarm people with power I am not infallible myself, no one is. In martial art one specializes because it takes so much time to develop a certain technique, it is the same for energy. A lead pellet fired out of a rifle has not had time to gain momentum and therefore potency at the end of the barrel. If one was to look at the science of ballistics you will see that the potency of a moving object fired in the air has differing speeds and potential for depth of penetration, at different times along that trajectory. With an air rifle 20 yards away stopping the pellet going through the hand would be far more impressive. Neigong is just a beginning, cultivation of energy through meditation is just a beginning. Being taught the next stages are kept secret, only those of a tried and tested heart can learn the real cultivation methods.

• Like 1

Having recently read Jim's writeups on all this stuff...

I am honestly surprised he accomplished what he did. (Which was...what exactly?)

I said I was level zero because that's exactly what I am. I haven't yet gotten to where I can begin focussing on the LDT and thereby filling it.

I didn't say that MPG was 1000x more powerful. I said that he has accomplished 1000x more than whoever because completing even half of level one is 1000x better than practicing placebo non-sense.

I believe what I do about spirits because of what Chang says. And MPG can't save anyone. I can only save myself through thousands of hours of training (from the Magus of Java).

There's nothing wrong with having fun and entertaining yourself. It's just that it shouldn't be the only thing you do. Because after your death none of it will matter.

Rather than 10 hours a day I think that at an advanced level one should train several days at a time then take a day off. Until then you can only do what you are able.

MPG practices as much as you do (30-60 min a day) but that type of training doesn't really accomplish anything. He has said that repeatedly but it seems that you keep ignoring it.

So you haven't actually experienced any of the supposed results of Mo Pai level 1, but you are 100% convinced it not only works but is superior to every other form of Neigong available?

Everything you've been saying in this thread is just a parrot of what MPG told you. None of it comes from your own personal experience.

Why don't you go meditate until you've confirmed what he says and then come back and report that.

• Like 2

I was just reading the Magus of Java and Chang says that ultimately he doesn't know what happens after death, although there is an intermediary stage where you enter a 'white or black wave' where you either get what you desire or suffer depending on what karma you have to complete and how you have conducted your life. So despite what the Mo Pai guys have said over the years on this site clearly ethical conduct and creating positive karma is useful if you don't want to enter the black wave, especially as it unlikely that many here will achieve level 4. Also all the scare stories about becoming an empty husk after death doesn't communicate the entire picture, as Chang says all souls end up going to God in the end and then he has no idea what happens. All this stuff isn't so different than most other paths and religions.

• Like 4

So you haven't actually experienced any of the supposed results of Mo Pai level 1, but you are 100% convinced it not only works but is superior to every other form of Neigong available?

Everything you've been saying in this thread is just a parrot of what MPG told you. None of it comes from your own personal experience.

Why don't you go meditate until you've confirmed what he says and then come back and report that.

You wanna know why I became interested in Mo Pai in the first place? Guess.

You wanna know why I became interested in Mo Pai in the first place? Guess.

You hate newspapers and would love to be able to light them on fire with your bare hands?

Edited by Green Tiger
  • Like 3

You hate newspapers and would love to be able to light them on fire with your bare hands?

It's because John Chang was able to demonstrate mind blowing abilities under a controlled environment. Most stuff was either just a claim or too lame to worry about. I had finally found something that was really worth looking in to. I had my mind set on it even though I didn't really have any particular goal. Pretty much the only thing that MPG did was quote Chang, Jim, etc. and let them speak for him.

I have my own ideas. It's just that they are very similar to MPG's. I'll also have you know that I've disagreed with him on certain things in the past.

• Like 1

It's because John Chang was able to demonstrate mind blowing abilities under a controlled environment.

Ken - John Chang didn't (and doesn't) waste his days on internet forums. If you actually want to accomplish anything, really anything in this pursuit of yours, the first hurdle you're going to have to leap over is this one.

Ken, are you relying on Jim's translations/notes/whatever?

Edited by joeblast

Chuang Tzu said something along the lines of, "if a person calls you a horse, say yes! If a person calls you a cow, say yes!"

He also said, "Don't talk about winter and fall to insects that only live the length of summer."

Jesus said something similar, "Don't throw your pearls to swine, or they will trample on them."

All three quotes are getting at the same thing: It is difficult to discuss certain things because everyone comes from such different levels of understanding and conditions. And people can only speak at the level they are at.

The good thing is, in our minds, surely we could never be the horse, cow, summer insect, or the swine -- only other people are!

Threads that span over 32 pages....well, people already know what they want. Nothing anyone says will change their minds, logical or not.

Edited by thetaoiseasy
  • Like 5

I was just reading the Magus of Java and Chang says that ultimately he doesn't know what happens after death, although there is an intermediary stage where you enter a 'white or black wave' where you either get what you desire or suffer depending on what karma you have to complete and how you have conducted your life. So despite what the Mo Pai guys have said over the years on this site clearly ethical conduct and creating positive karma is useful if you don't want to enter the black wave, especially as it unlikely that many here will achieve level 4. Also all the scare stories about becoming an empty husk after death doesn't communicate the entire picture, as Chang says all souls end up going to God in the end and then he has no idea what happens. All this stuff isn't so different than most other paths and religions.

I don't think Chang knows what he's talking about, he should stick to what he does and leave the spirit world to people like me, who have been taught the truth.

there are many simple techniques that are very effective, of course.

do you agree with mpg that anapanasati wont get you anywhere? and you're wasting your time with it if you spend a lot of time with it?

he was rather pointed on that one about people going and wasting their time and getting nowhere with it. either that or it was just a pointed insult at me...

which is rather a joke. the primary practice taught by the buddha...will get you nowhere and is a waste of your time. :lol: facepalmfacepalm

would be nice if all these erroneous MPG-isms were chipped away from the stone pillars at TTBs. diluted mistranslation shouldnt be supported anywhere, really.

About Anapanasati... There are a lot of people practicing it, but there is no Buddha on the planet right now, is there? Personally though, I like Anapanasati. Not because I'm trying to save myself from reincarnation, or because I'm trying to achieve something with it, but because I find it relaxes me very nicely, and helps me get to deeper meditative states.

If you are familiar with Buddhism you are also probably familiar with Upaya... "skillful means". The Buddha taught different meditative techniques and different perspectives of the same teaching to different people, depending on their personal needs. Even if you practice Anapanasati, it doesn't mean you'll be liberated - in fact, most forms of Buddhism hold that you need many lives to achieve liberation, with four stages of enlightenment before one gets the status of an Arhat (Vajrayana being an exception here, as far as I'm aware). So Anapanasati doesn't really lead to liberation. It's great for relaxation, getting into deep meditative states and entering Samadhi. But beyond that, I'm not convinced it will save a person from rebirth.

And it would be nice if you would stop it with the "mistranslations" already. Just because something that was taught goes against your personal views, that doesn't mean there was any mistranslation involved. I'm certain you know, but both Kosta and Jim were students of John Chang for quite some time - about 10 years or more. Do you think that there was any room for "mistranslations" during all that time? They understood what was taught to them, otherwise they wouldn't have progressed through the system, it's simple logic. It's kinda like this - You have a math equation. If you get the correct result, then you obviously understood the equation and the lesson. If you get the incorrect result, you didn't understand it. Kosta and Jim got the correct result. It'd be nice if complications around this would stop. If you are so certain they misunderstood something, then at least present some clear evidence for that claim, beyond "my system and experience disagrees with this".

I don't think Chang knows what he's talking about, he should stick to what he does and leave the spirit world to people like me, who have been taught the truth.

Uhhhhhhhhhhh............... You're joking right???

Well I'm sorry to say then your own experience and personal cultivation cannot be that good to say this. If I met John Chang he could not resist or withstand a blade strike if I used my own power. Of course there are many ways to disrupt and to disarm people with power I am not infallible myself, no one is. In martial art one specializes because it takes so much time to develop a certain technique, it is the same for energy. A lead pellet fired out of a rifle has not had time to gain momentum and therefore potency at the end of the barrel. If one was to look at the science of ballistics you will see that the potency of a moving object fired in the air has differing speeds and potential for depth of penetration, at different times along that trajectory. With an air rifle 20 yards away stopping the pellet going through the hand would be far more impressive. Neigong is just a beginning, cultivation of energy through meditation is just a beginning. Being taught the next stages are kept secret, only those of a tried and tested heart can learn the real cultivation methods.

I can also say that your own experience and knowledge can't be good if you claims things like that. I'd like to remind you, this is the internet - anyone can make flamboyant claims. Again, I'd be lying if I said I believe you can cut John Chang. He isn't a master of Kung Fu and Nei Gong for nothing, you know.

Kosta was also shot with the rifle, while John Chang was pouring Yin Qi into him. Andreas was shot in the stomach, while John Chang was pouring Yin Qi into him. Your remarks about rifle pellets are a bit strange - a rifle pellet will still penetrate the flesh and fracture the bone at that distance, there is enough kinetic energy for it to do that, especially on places such as hands, where the bones are smaller and rather weaker (compared to the rest of the body), and the abdomen, where there is just skin, flesh and organs, without any bone structures (save for the spine behind it and the ribcage above it). My father was shot short-range in the leg with a rifle like that - the pellet needed to be pulled out of his leg. So I know that it can do damage, even considerable damage.

No offense, but John Chang has something to show for his expertise, you currently only have claims.

And what is the truth, according to you?

Should be deleted in my opinion.

That seems a bit drastic.

Just locking it would do and also save the posts.

Deleting all of the thread though?

Nah.

Dude you are blowing this WAY out of proportion. That is a rant and personal attack on my part and it in no way reflects the spirit of the board.

I said I was level zero because that's exactly what I am. I haven't yet gotten to where I can begin focussing on the LDT and thereby filling it.

I didn't say that MPG was 1000x more powerful. I said that he has accomplished 1000x more than whoever because completing even half of level one is 1000x better than practicing placebo non-sense.

I believe what I do about spirits because of what Chang says. And MPG can't save anyone. I can only save myself through thousands of hours of training (from the Magus of Java).

There's nothing wrong with having fun and entertaining yourself. It's just that it shouldn't be the only thing you do. Because after your death none of it will matter.

Rather than 10 hours a day I think that at an advanced level one should train several days at a time then take a day off. Until then you can only do what you are able.

MPG practices as much as you do (30-60 min a day) but that type of training doesn't really accomplish anything. He has said that repeatedly but it seems that you keep ignoring it.

Please read what I wrote carefully and stop attacking me with the same stuff over and over again even though I've already clarified it.

Your right it doesn't reflect the spirit of this board. It did when MPG was here though. He constantly insulted others. When he got his own forum he went whole hog and swore up a storm. Few threads escaped his Fuck You's. Your sensitive about it here, but would never ever mention it there because you're afraid, rightfully so, of Gooch. If you told him anything even mildly critical he'd blow up in your face. You'd be a target, lots of Fuck You's.

Boy, maybe you should look to proportion from your friend MPG/Gooch. My writings to you, answering your questions end up there. Do find anything with his insults or profanity? Course not, he's your leader. He can swear at anyone here and it just fine with you, you read it and smile.

Your right fun isn't the only you should do, but one needs balance. Otherwise one can become nut spending there time working and writing insults to strangers on the internet like your Gooch.

When you write he's 1000x more powerful, what a comic book answer. I understand that your ilk constantly writes what everyone else is doing is fantasy and delusional and your art where you fight with your mind and gain telekinetic powers is the only real thing. But after years of practice and then sorta quitting what can he do? Other then degrade others? I know you and he can't answer, but what has he accomplished?

He works so hard he can only practice 30 - 60 minutes a day. That's a fine rationality but we both know he posts constantly on forums. That he can only find 30 minutes a day to meditate doesn't wash and is an insult to those who actually jobs, have household responsibilities and practice. You should tell him from me, less time on the internet, more time practicing and at least he won't look like a hypocrite. I mean how many years until he practices the art he's screaming at others to do?