SonOfTheGods

The "Official" Mo Pai & "Things You Might Not Know About Real Mo Pai" Thread

It's all good.

I'm not out to diss Western MoPai.

It is a real thing with real and undoubtedly sincere followers.

The distinction is simply a labelling issue to differentiate between the MoPai done by MoPai in Java, people who can and are accepted into that MoPai and those ( mainly ) westerners who are not allowed into that 'original' MoPai as it is closed to them.

Hence Western MoPai ( what we get on here and elsewhere online) and MoPai ( what we don't hear from or about beyond the MoPai themselves asking us politely to leave them alone).

Take Soto Zen for an example.

The HQ is in Japan but there are Soto centres in the west.

It is the same Soto sect and praxes wherever you find it.

If you want Soto Zen then to Soto you 'go to', wherever you happen to live in the world.

You know that you are getting the real deal.

Now if the Soto Zen HQ in Japan said... " We don't recognise such and such a teacher or practice as having anything to do with us at all."

Then, if you wanted 'real' Soto Zen you'd likely avoid whatever it was that the 'go to' real Soto guys excluded as not being anything to do with them.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

Why explore a system that is closed?

Levels 1-3 aren't closed and I am sure that doors would open for a level 3 that aren't possible for a level 0 like me at the moment and pretty much everyone else on this forum. Level 3 Mo Pai takes you a heck of a lot farther than most other systems which do nothing period.

It's all good.

I'm not out to diss Western MoPai.

It is a real thing with real and undoubtedly sincere followers.

The distinction is simply a labelling issue to differentiate between the MoPai done by MoPai in Java, people who can and are accepted into that MoPai and those ( mainly ) westerners who are not allowed into that 'original' MoPai as it is closed to them.

Hence Western MoPai ( what we get on here and elsewhere online) and MoPai ( what we don't hear from or about beyond the MoPai themselves asking us politely to leave them alone).

Take Soto Zen for an example.

The HQ is in Japan but there are Soto centres in the west.

It is the same Soto sect and praxes wherever you find it.

If you want Soto Zen then to Soto you 'go to', wherever you happen to live in the world.

You know that you are getting the real deal.

Now if the Soto Zen HQ in Japan said... " We don't recognise such and such a teacher or practice as having anything to do with us at all."

Then, if you wanted 'real' Soto Zen you'd likely avoid whatever it was that the 'go to' real Soto guys excluded as not being anything to do with them.

The only difference between western and eastern Mo pai that I am aware of is the fact that they have access to all 72 levels while the west only has the first 3.

• Like 1

Its not our rule, its Mo Pai's. There are many Qi Gong systems that are open and teach all. But John Chang was pretty clear in one of the online videos that Mo Pai was not to be taught to Westerners. There's a video where the announcer says (I'm paraphrasing) "he looks clearly frightened, the elders (spirits) sent him a strong message last night, not to teach any Westerners."

The sad fact is Jim (a nice and worthy guy) died an early death, and as far as I know John Chang did not make an attempt to heal him. I could be wrong, it'd be nice if I was. Could be the reason he didn't try to heal (not that any healer is 100%) might be due to Jim teaching Westerners against the will of the Elders, excommunicated'ish.

Such Spirit Elders are outside the paradigm for most of us, we tend to ignore them or consider the belief superstition. That might not always be wise. Having spent time last summer talking to people who consider the Hindu Gods as real as there mother and father, I'm more reserved on the subject then I used to be.

The reason he didn't try to heal him was because Chang doesn't heal cancer. He CAN heal it but he risks killing the person on the spot when doing so. I can't remember exactly but I think he tried it on like 10 people in the past and ended up immediately healing 3 and killing the other 7 on the spot. Numbers might be a little off but I remember that he killed most of them. Not only did the people loose their live but it also probably gave Chang bad karma.

I'm sorry man, I mean no offense to anyone, and I was firmly rooted in my decision not to get into discussions like this... But I don't see how you can just throw everything in a big pot, mix it together and pretend it makes sense. Then again, belief is up to the individual.

No. I stated that I was rooted in my decision not to get into these discussions. Was. I usually prefer to keep my opinions to myself regarding these matters.

I merely stated my view on this point. I don't think you can just mix and match according to numerology, numbers, and the rest of what was posted, and then try to make some grander sense of things. But that is my view.

I agree.

Unless you have practiced Mo Pai for many years; there is no way you can know what it is. (same with any system really).

Lets see some lineage charts from everyone :).

It is interesting though, to pick apart a system and see how it works. I just see a lot of "this is how it is" on the forums.

How about a personal experiences with it thread!!! :) :) :) I think MP might just be too popular for only those taught, and who have practiced it to discuss it, (unfortunately) by this point.

Mo Tzu

Zhang Sen Feng

Bodhidharma

May Yung Chen

Pa Lok Nen

Liao Tsu Tong

John Chang

That's about as much as I know about the Mo Pai lineage history.

• Like 2

I say I am level 0 because I haven't finished completing level 1. That doesn't mean that I know nothing about neigong or have no experience with the meditation though.

Edited by KenBrace

I say I am level 0 because I haven't finished completing level 1. That doesn't mean that I know nothing about neigong or have no experience with the meditation though.

You're too quick... I decided not to post so there was no disrespect ;)

• Like 1

Levels 1-3 aren't closed and I am sure that doors would open for a level 3 that aren't possible for a level 0 like me at the moment and pretty much everyone else on this forum. Level 3 Mo Pai takes you a heck of a lot farther than most other systems which do nothing period.

Why do you believe the two bolded sections above are true, KenBrace? It sounds like you are making quite a claim. (Actually, it sounds like you intend to insult every person & system on the forum but maybe that's just my interpretation...)

• Like 1

Mopai is closed unless you are accepted by John Chang. You may practice level 1 but you won't be able to progress much further than that. Jim made up all the "signs" that supposedly one can feel upon completion of level 1, presumably to sell his book and to start his own school. In reality, there are no signs. Progress can only be measured by a person like John Chang.

https://el-gr.facebook.com/kostas.danaos.3

That's his facebook profile.

The hand photo was taken from his martial arts group.

He is teaching a system called "Pammachon".

https://www.facebook.com/groups/200544753380775/

His personal blog:

http://blog.pammachon.gr/

A couple of rants about the people who wants to learn from him:

http://blog.pammachon.gr/2012/08/you-are-dumb/

http://blog.pammachon.gr/2012/08/are-you-dumb-reloaded/

• Like 2

https://el-gr.facebook.com/kostas.danaos.3

That's his facebook profile.

The hand photo was taken from his martial arts group.

He is teaching a system called "Pammachon".

https://www.facebook.com/groups/200544753380775/

His personal blog:

http://blog.pammachon.gr/

A couple of rants about the people who wants to learn from him:

http://blog.pammachon.gr/2012/08/you-are-dumb/

http://blog.pammachon.gr/2012/08/are-you-dumb-reloaded/

I have some Screen Captures From Kosta's Bulletin Board on My Forum.

I'm not posting them on this thread though.

Caveat Emptor:

Anyone who uses "The Magus Of Java" as their Bible should carefully re-examine the author of such an "instruction manual".

If you think MoPai is YOUR ticket off the reincarnation hamster wheel- I bid you "many happy returns!" ;)

• Like 3

Just because Kosta changed his interests doesn't mean that he lied and made up a bunch of crap in his books. I still think what was written in the book came from Chang which means (in my opinion) that it's true.

• Like 1

There are Transmitters and there are Receivers.

If the Signal to Noise ratio is compromised in anyway- white noise results which will corrupt the original broadcast :D

• Like 2

Just because Kosta changed his interests doesn't mean that he lied and made up a bunch of crap in his books. I still think what was written in the book came from Chang which means (in my opinion) that it's true.

I understand this point but I do think SotG has a point too. A writer is still writing with his words and thoughts. I had a little problem with his incredulity at times, given his years of martial arts.

But let's take one example which is on the cover of the book. It is sub-titled "Authentic Taoist Immortal".

When Kosta asked JC if he was a Daoist, JC said, "NO".... yet the writer decided to sub-title the book against the words of JC. That is what writers do.

• Like 8

I understand this point but I do think SotG has a point too. A writer is still writing with his words and thoughts. I had a little problem with his incredulity at times, given his years of martial arts.

Q & A with Kosta on TaoBums:

Quote :

• Q: In The Magus of Java, is the description of the fight between the two masters that included phrases such as 'it was as if bombs had been dropped' intended to be literal or partly symbolic/figurative? Although I have experienced things like remote viewing and spirits, I found this part of the book a bit hard to swallow.

Answer: Then by all means do not swallow it. I do not think symbolism is implied, though I could be wrong. Sifu John told me the story, and I being a Westerner, recorded everything on tape for posterity and to prevent accusations of embellishing and/or fantasizing. I am responsible for the literary depiction, not the content of the story; that, you will have to take up with Sifu John.

• Like 2

But let's take one example which is on the cover of the book. It is sub-titled "Authentic Taoist Immortal".

When Kosta asked JC if he was a Daoist, JC said, "NO".... yet the writer decided to sub-title the book against the words of JC. That is what writers do.

Yeah. Doesn't mean that the info given about level one and Mo Pai in general isn't true though. He did include the fact that Chang didn't refer to himself as a taoist keep in mind. Didn't just leave it out and lie or whatever.

• Like 1

Here's Kosta on the fact that the MoPai is a group of people and NOT a particular cultivation.

"I have stated repeatedly that I have not been a member of the Mo Pai for a decade."

• Like 1

Here's Kosta on the fact that the MoPai is a group of people and NOT a particular cultivation. "I have stated repeatedly that I have not been a member of the Mo Pai for a decade."

In Chinese, 'Pai' means clan or sect, if im not mistaken.

• Like 3

Why do you believe the two bolded sections above are true, KenBrace? It sounds like you are making quite a claim. (Actually, it sounds like you intend to insult every person & system on the forum but maybe that's just my interpretation...)

I mean no offense, just stating what I believe to be true. I've tried probably 10-15 random systems before I got involved with Mo Pai and found none of them to do anything worth while. I tried hard to "believe" that I was doing something and got what I thought were some results after months of telling myself I would feel something or experience something. I got tired of it though. I realized that I was doing nothing but playing make believe mind games in my head. I wasn't getting anywhere even though I had tried my best to "believe" I was. That's what originally drew me to Mo Pai. My goals back then where a lot different than they are now, but the fact that I wanted something real hasn't changed. I was wore out and sick of never getting anywhere. Even though I didn't have any particular goal I knew I wanted something real that didn't require "believing" and Mo Pai stood out like a a light house from the endless sea of spiritual practices and systems.

Just know that when I say I think "everyone here is level zero" "just about everything is non-sense" etc. I'm not aiming insults at people or trying to offend them. I might offend people in doing so but that isn't my intention, nor do I have negative feelings or motives when I do so. That's just what I think based on my own experience. Maybe I'm wrong.

In Chinese, 'Pai' means clan or sect, if im not mistaken.

I heard it means "lineage" which is basically the same thing.

Mo = Mo Tzu

Pai = Lineage

Therefore

Mo Pai = Mo Tzu Lineage

That's what I always figured it meant.

Edited by KenBrace
  • Like 2