SonOfTheGods

The "Official" Mo Pai & "Things You Might Not Know About Real Mo Pai" Thread

Why explore a system that is closed?

IMO- I figured, with all the search engine hits TaoBums gets from MoPai- the least we can do is provide one essential MoPai thread that ISN'T in the Pit lol

Also, there are A LOT of MoPai Spammers/Scammers who sell bogus books, etc

So maybe, people might be warned now

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 2

IMO- I figured, with all the search engine hits TaoBums gets from MoPai- the least we can do is provide one essential MoPai thread that ISN'T in the Pit lol

Also, there are A LOT of MoPai Spammers/Scammers who sell bogus books, etc

So maybe, people might be warned now

Fair enough, thanks

• Like 1

I've read every book there is on MoPai and had correspondence with " John Chang's" ( not his real name) oldest son.

Whatever is passed off as ' MoPai' west of Java; either for free or for a fee has nothing whatsoever to do with the Javanese MoPai who, in their turn; wish to have nothing whatsoever to do with anyone west of Java.

We should respect their wishes.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 3

Whatever is passed off as ' MoPai' west of Java; either for free or for a fee has nothing whatsoever to do with the Javanese MoPai

John Chang was a Magus.

He was a Necromancer.

A Conjurer and Sorcerer.

(Fu and Keris)

Creates Servitors

Keris is a special knife that has been constructed entirely for magick & Spiritual Purpose. The creation is a long and complicated Magical ritual.

Performs magick in the Aethrys.

Communes with demi-gods

Channels spirits.

This man achieved all this- with more than just focusing on his lower Tan Tien and squeezing his butt cheeks together.

Don't be fooled by the MoPai- there is much more to it than just meditation. ;)

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 1

Years and years and years ago, when the "Dark Net" @ TOR, wasn't popular, there were a couple of underground forums.
The URLs kept changing almost daily, so it was difficult to keep track of all the switching, unless you knew the right people.
So an inner circle developed, and most of it went to Email and ICQ.

The MoPai wasn't mainstream yet, & John Chang wasn't famous yet.

This was about 5 years before Chang went mainstream (give or take a year or two- approximate)

But some of the individuals who practiced the MoPai would post about a combat system that was better than the Russian Spetsnaz Training.

Most of these guys were from Indonesia, and they enjoyed the umbrella of anonymity of TOR.

What it turned into was the usual flame wars.

That's not my thing- but I paid close attention when I hear a "combat system" that incorporates high level Necromancy ;)

All I had to do was "speak the right lingo", mention a few things, and got the ball rolling for myself.

I "buddied up" to the "Asian crowd", most because the Spetsnaz guys were arrogant drunks who hated "Western culture" - I call it the "Asian crowd" because it was a thoroughly mixed group, with "their systems" vs "the world" mentality, but in an honorable way.

The Indonesian crowd were more hospitable, and humble. But it was also much harder to understand what they wrote. Much of the missing puzzle for me wasn't their secrecy, it was my frustration dealing with paragraphs of info that seemed incoherent.

Long story short: The MoPai is powerful.
They also wouldn't like Kosta's bringing it mainstream- due to incidents like with Spetsnaz.

This is a "family oriented environment"- The MoPai.

It's on par to the wars between Irish Catholics, etc- there are such things, that aren't mentioned.

So, by keeping my nose out of the flame wars, and paying attention, ICQ was popular back then, as was Hushmail, Excite Chat, message BBS boards, etc- I learned quite a lot of techniques.

It wasn't spoken of as "Levels"
These were simple drills, exercises.
Daling pulse points determine where you are at in the system.

Wasn't such a big deal to these guys, because they were raised in that environment.

They aren't "bragging types"

John Chang, is considered how Bruce Lee was considered.

A guy who breached trust and compromised the code of silence and respect- by introducing age old concepts to a fast-food materialistic Western culture.

Asking them "dude what level are you?" would probably get a dirty look and being thought of as an idiot.

For all I know, McMillan was on there, as this was around the time when he was with Chang, and when he also got disgusted with the Internet Forum nonsense that usually transpires in these atmospheres.

I see it more as collecting an antique for show, rather than actually putting it into an effective practice, again IMO

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 5

From Kosta's interview on TaoBums:

1) Why do you think Pak John was so unhappy about your books?

Answer: "When I was a kid, I kept a goldfinch in a cage. It used to ruffle its feathers and puff up to twice its size in an attempt to appear fierce, not realizing that the loud mammalian sounds that accompanied that effort, were quite simply the laughter of children.
To answer your questions then:
1. He wasn't unhappy about them. Your perception of the matter is skewed."

According to McMillan's book, Chang didn't trust Kosta.

IMO John Chang genuinely liked McMillan, until the Lineage banned Westerners, and the christian religion did McMillan in with his "demon" paranoia.

But Chang never trusted Kosta and felt Kosta had an agenda.

Kosta also said on TTB interview:

Question: In The Magus of Java, is the description of the fight between the two masters that included phrases such as 'it was as if bombs had been dropped' intended to be literal or partly symbolic/figurative? Although I have experienced things like remote viewing and spirits, I found this part of the book a bit hard to swallow.

Answer: Then by all means do not swallow it. I do not think symbolism is implied, though I could be wrong. Sifu John told me the story, and I being a Westerner, recorded everything on tape for posterity and to prevent accusations of embellishing and/or fantasizing. I am responsible for the literary depiction, not the content of the story; that, you will have to take up with Sifu John.

• Like 1

Why would they bother using the dark web? Nothing they were doing was illegal.

Magus of Java was released in the year 2000 but TOR wasnt even invented until 2002 and not commercially available or popular until quite a few years after that

• Like 1

Why would they bother using the dark web? Nothing they were doing was illegal.

Magus of Java was released in the year 2000 but TOR wasnt even invented until 2002 and not commercially available or popular until quite a few years after that

Dark web isn't "just" for illegal activities. :)

The MoPai wasn't mainstream yet, & John Chang wasn't famous yet.

This was about 5 years before Chang went mainstream (give or take a year or two- approximate)

That's what I said

Edited by SonOfTheGods

That term Necromancy tends bring negative connotations with it.

The MoPai aren't much different to Spiritualists in that respect and Spiritualists are sometimes accused of 'necromancy' too.

It can't be 'necro' anything when the folks you're chatting to aint actually 'dead' .

Poor old Jim was none too keen on the Spiritualist aspect of MoPai practice as it didn't resonate at all well with his Christian beliefs.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 3

You talked about the number 72 in your first posts. Were you implying that the number 72 is widely used in religions, myths to show a 'completion'. Are you theorizing the 72 levels of Mo Pai should be seen as allegorical and not literal?

• Like 2

Thanks for the extensive information you posted SonOfTheGods, alot of what you posted adds up ;)

• Like 2

You talked about the number 72 in your first posts. Were you implying that the number 72 is widely used in religions, myths to show a 'completion'. Are you theorizing the 72 levels of Mo Pai should be seen as allegorical and not literal?

Yes, exactly.

The number 72 signifies "completion" in many/most religions and spiritual systems.

I doubt we will ever actually see a Manual that has authentic Mopai with ALL 72 levels.

Muslims believe in 72 Virgins upon death-

We have, about the same chance, of finding a REAL Mopai Manual, as we do finding 72 Virgins :P

Thanks for the extensive information you posted SonOfTheGods, alot of what you posted adds up ;)

Hey SoG, this is a great summary, like the missing link for me. Thanks!

Thank you bros! :)

Yes, some people on my forum were having "ah ha" moments, when the dots connected and revealed a funny face lol

• Like 1

I doubt we will ever actually see a Manual that has authentic Mopai with ALL 72 levels.

dont be so sure. some people already know all 72 levels

dont be so sure. some people already know all 72 levels

Who?

I'd be interested in seeing some proof.

If that is true- I will re-edit and make the necessary changes.

Edited by SonOfTheGods

Deceptively big question.

How is Mo Pai similar to other energy arts.

And how is it different?

Deceptively big question.

How is Mo Pai similar to other energy arts.

And how is it different?

MoPai is Combat Art Form:

But there are no fighting techniques taught in it.

It is basically shooting energy at people- for self defense.

When the 2 masters fought in Magus of Java -there were no kicks nor punches thrown.

The MoPai Levels are drills- and more like Black Belt degrees.

So level 1 is white belt.

Enlightenment is NOT the goal in MoPai ;)

Edited by SonOfTheGods

Tesla said if you understood 3,6 and 9 you would have the keys to the universe.