Sign in to follow this  
steve

FIFA World Cup 2014

A thread for anyone who wants to chat about the only pro sport that holds my interest lately...

Enjoyable match between Cote d'Ivoire and Japan last night... I expected more from Japan.

I coached for about 20 years... love the sport... I agree about Japan but it was a typical dynamic that after what appears to be the weaker team scores the other team responds with 2 goals.

But I thought Japan did better than I expected in the first half... but it is the second half which really defines teams.

• Like 1

I'm English so I have no expectations :)

I'm European American, nor do I.

The English seemed a bit sluggish in their first match...

Best of luck!

I'm European American, nor do I.

The English seemed a bit sluggish in their first match...

Best of luck!

Sluggish! That was their top speed.

• Like 1

One of the TV stations here is running a competition for people to send in selfie pics of their 'goal face' and already they are showing some examples.

The expression on someone's face when, presumably; their team scores a goal.

Scariest ad I have seen on TV for many a year that is.

I am glad we lost so early (of course we were going to ... what were you guys {Aussies} thinking :rolleyes: ) so we wont have the continued hype and take over of media.

Now all I have to put up with is all the hype about how we 'have nothing to be ashamed of', 'how great we did', how the ref was a bit dodgy and fuck it ... we are going beat Dutchy arse at women's hockey

australia+team+picture%252849%2529.jpg

WELL ! ... Whatareya supposed to do with the stick when both arms are busy ?

• Like 2

I'm American.. what's the big deal and why don't they play real football? B)

Yeah real football

966365-aussie-rules.jpg

or even Rugby League ... now there's a mans game !

hopoate.jpg

[ He even got an 'entry' for it on Wiki ; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hopoate 3.1

" unsettle his opponents " ! ! ! :blink:

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Huh! the clues in the name foot-ball ... i.e. use the foot to kick (not punt) the ball, hence football. The beautiful game not dressing up in pads and helmets and running around for 5 secs between advertising breaks ...

• Like 2

for the same reasons NASCAR never caught on in Europe ... haha

• Like 1

NASCAR is bagua's cousin.

Circle track IS bagua -- except the reversals are mostly accidental.

• Like 3

NASCAR- 40 cars driving in circles for 300-500 miles getting 5 miles per gallon. You can't get more American then that.

Because of this, a typical NASCAR race car gets about 5 miles per gallon fuel efficiency during a race that lasts for 500 miles. More than 40 cars usually compete in each NASCAR race, so 6,000 gallons (22,712 liters) of fuel or more are burned during a NASCAR event [source: Finney].

• Like 2

Germany looking very very strong. And they've got big guns sitting on the bench. This is a team to be reckoned with.

Portugal unfortunately not up to it.

Germany looking very very strong. And they've got big guns sitting on the bench. This is a team to be reckoned with.

Portugal unfortunately not up to it.

Portugal were hopeless despite having list of skillful players BUT that first penalty was not a penalty and Mueller got Pepe deliberately sent off which is bad sportsmanship. Sorry but I was disgusted. Also disgusted by Ronaldo and Nani by the way.

• Like 3

We had business schedule during the first half, so I got just that 4 : 0 ... And most streets were empty in Germany, lol.

Sign in to follow this