Thanks for sharing.

I've experienced similar through my teacher and I'm happy for you to have found such a person in this life.

What a gift!

• Like 1

Many thanks, RS, for posting about your experiences with Dr. Jiang Feng. I enjoyed reading your post.

I am not sure from your post to what extent you actively trained in their system of Yi Jin Jing during your visit, but if you did, I wonder whether you could give a sense of the nature of such YJJ exercises.

First, I realize that theirs is a multi-pronged approach, involving possibly herbal treatments and most definitely some type of Qi infusion from a master such as Dr. JF or one of his senior students, as well as exercises that one has to do on one's own.

One question I have is the relative weighting of such exercises in the overall approach to developing the qi abilities that Dr. JF and his students demonstrate.

In other words, do the exercises themselves serve mostly to clear blockages or develop some qi ability, with most of the qi abilities, however, deriving from qi infusions from a master? How dependent would one be on such ongoing qi infusions to make real progress?

The other question is how do the YJJ exercises taught by Dr. JF and his senior students differ from conventional (for lack of a better word) YJJ exercises the instructions for which can be found in most major cities?

From my research of "conventional" YJJ exercises, they train muscles/facia and tendons through various stretching-types of exercises, done with focus and intent and coordinated with breathing. These often alternate between a tension phase and a relaxation phase. These exercises seem to help with strength, flexibility, lymphatic drainage, blood circulation, hormonal regulation and organ massage, and even develop some level of qi that can translate to modest healing abilities, but have not been reported, generally speaking to my knowledge, to produce the types of qi abilities demonstrated by Dr. JF and his senior students. Therefore I am wondering what distinguishes his YJJ exercises from what's available conventionally. If you could just give a sense of the differences I'd much appreciate it.

I wish you the best of success in your qigong pursuits.

• Like 3

Hi RS:

Your last reply is to Vortex but I believe that you were addressing my query, for which I am very grateful.

I can appreciate that you are not at liberty to disclose the training methods of Dr. JF's YJJ and, given such constraint, you still managed to give a very helpful reply.

Among other things, I am glad to hear that the qi infusion that you mention is not an ongoing requirement - it serves mainly to activate major centers or pathways in order to launch one's practice. That is very helpful to know for those of us who may be interested in learning Dr. JF's system without having to commit to go back to China several times a year (I live in Connecticut USA - a lot of British folks live here by the way). I understand that return trips are still needed for adjustments of and corrections to one's practice but at least there is hope of making significant progress on one's own once the exercises are learned.

I am going to have to think about making a visit to Dr. JF as well (would like to convince my wife to join me :) I've been practicing Yang style Tai Chi and a qigong set called Cinnabar Palm for a combined 20 years. The latter in my understanding is a derivative of YJJ (but possibly in the more "conventional" sense) and hopefully it is not incompatible with Dr. JF's system.

I look forward to your future posts on Dr. JF or any other qigong explorations that you might be engaged in. Thanks again.

• Like 1

After discussion with Grady, I am looking to arrange another trip to China in late October early November this year (2014). Anyone is welcome, those who would like to train, those who seek treatment or even those who just want to see if it’s truly real.

Would you allow people to meet up with the group and integrate with the group ?

Meaning they would leave from somewhere other than UK to get to Shanghai.