Sign in to follow this  
zenyogi

I'm excited to be here!

Hi all,

New here, have a solid background with yogic practices but want to learn more about the Tao and start doing a qiqong practise and learning more about the philosophy about the Tao.

I'm looking forward chatting with all you guys :)

• Like 2

Hello and welcome.

You will now be free to both chat and learn on the forum but for the first week you will be restricted to five posts per day.

Before getting started with posting please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and also take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ This covers all that you need be aware of when getting started.

Good luck and best wishes,

Chang.

Hi zen and welcome.

Qigong and yoga are very different approaches, in some ways contradictory, and in my experience, those coming from a yoga background often make the mistake of either forcing their yoga into a qigong shell, or vice versa.

So my suggestion is, if and when you do get into it, approach it as a raw beginner, or like a child 👶

• Like 1

Actually (and to go further with my back thought) your enthusiasm for a website may be scary.

The best advice for a newbie here may be

Friend, on 08 Jun 2014 - 23:41, said:snapback.png

It was advised to take everything said taken with salt

as well to consider a teacher with a traceable lineage.

Things presented are consideration and relative possibility

and pointers for ones own common sense and understanding.

Even someone said the truth the one who get this information can do it wrong.

Edit : - to remove "(never trust online people !)." it's slightly too strong. ^_^

Edited by CloudHands
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forum ZenYogi. I practice a bit of Hatha Yoga., its been highly complimentary to my Qi Gong. Enjoy your stay at TTB. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 1

Actually (and to go further with my back thought) you enthusiasm for a website may be scary (never trust online people !).

The best advice for a newbie here may be

Friend, on 08 Jun 2014 - 23:41, said:snapback.png

As I like to say, "keep your cup empty, but don't leave it unattended."

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for the wonderful replies and good advice.

In my humble opinion I think that there are a lot of similarities between yogic and taoist practices and philosophy , many of the concepts are the same, just different names and approaches.

I feel that they both might come from the same place a long time ago and went both other directions based on the times we're living in and different cultures.

Nevertheless I always like approaching new things as if I'm a total beginner because when ur humble like that it's the best way to learn.

After doing a lot of reading on the forums here I feel a strong inclination in starting to learn Flying Phoenix Qiqong, seems like a very solid system, only good reviews from people in that massive thread!

The threads about semen retention are very inspiring too! There is so much great info here and such friendly people :)

Anyways glad I'm here and thanks again for all the warmth and advice.

Enjoy your day everyone

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this