Jared

This is a very biased forum against Mo Pai.

You currently are only allowing two groups to express their opinion:

1. The mo pai people who make up and invent their own system.

2. People who trash talk mo pai, and want to discredit it.

If someone comes in and stands up for the real mo pai, they are accused of spamming or some other reason is invented to suspend or ban them from the forums.

So the moderators claim they don't censor or stop one side from having a voice, but I personally believe that is a huge lie.

Only one side gets a voice and this is clearly not fair, can someone of authority please come to explain to me why this is happening? It is completely wrong especially in a forum like this.

@mod team, can you not please switch over to just silently banning those idiots until we're through that phase. They beg for it, so why care about who they are.

It's annoying.

Btw, good idea to limit posting numbers for newbies.

Edited by Yascra

It is completely wrong especially in a forum like this.

I'd suggest you leave then and start your own forum.

And maybe start to think about what is right on your own one.

These are both a difficult and emotive points which you raise here.

My understanding is that what you describe as the real Mo Pai is a closed system taught by John Chang in Indonesia and not open to westerners. John Chang and his students do not appear to post on the Tao Bums. Who then is going to post here talking of the real Mo Pai?

I feel that I must also address one other point you raise – namely the trashing and discrediting of those wishing to post on Mo Pai. Sadly the various factions involved in Western so called “Mo Pai” are so good at abusing each other that there is really no need for those not involved with them to join in.

It really is very sad that this forum needs to be used as a battlefield by various Mo Pai factions which results in them being banned or suspended. It is very much a case of fashioning the rod for you own backs.

Whilst not being someone of authority I can but hope that these points will give you pause for thought.

• Like 2

Whilst not being someone of authority I can but hope that these points will give you pause for thought.

lol, if thought aka active use of brain capacity would be involved to some degree here we would hardly need to read that stuff the fifth or so time now.

Obviously it's not more than some mechanical automatism that lacks control by anything like reflective thinking, and as this I don't see why it shouldn't be treated as such.

Edited by Yascra

--- Moderation Message ---

To respond to the OP, the forum is an open forum with no approved or orthodox view on one system or another. All are free to express themselves within rules about behaviour such as no insults, no threats and no multi-handling/sock puppets. In fact we recently had a member poll about the creation of a Mo Pai sub forum:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/35074-mo-pai-discussion-and-vote/?p=551137

in which members voted more or less two to one against. We have no wish to suppress genuine discussion of Mo Pai.

So the idea that we are against Mo Pai is wrong, it is the activities of those who post about Mo Pai which has caused the problem.

--- Apech for Mod team ____

• Like 5

2 western students were taught, they taught some others. Though like martial arts, one group says the other group is illegitimate etc. etc. The friendly discussion of such for example would be allowed, however outright insults to one another is not tolerated here. It was more a matter of 10 insults to one. The problem was perhaps 10 different people against one, but, then it's just time to cultivate more if you are the one I guess... because each of the 10 just does 1/t0th of the insulting the one ever does.

My personal opinion is this is where the feeling like unfair rules would come in. Each of the 10 would only have one or two infractions each, and the one would have 10 and get banned... in my example.

However being the bigger person and still being polite while someone is trashing your views/system tends to work really well in the ways of both stress management and staying on the forum ;).

Thought I would point a few things out in case you were going to take up for MPG...

• Like 1

Its not that complicated, if you are disruptive, trolling or post insults which are direct or indirect then you will probably get banned. If "standing up for the real Mo Pai" crosses these lines you will get banned.

Most decisions are only taken when there is a majority in the mod team to approve it and all of the mod team practice different methods from different schools with different masters, so there is no conspiracy against any particular approach or school.

If you read the interview with Kosta Danos on this site he is far more accommodating to other systems than many of those who in the past here who have talked about Mo Pai, he says there is value in the Buddhist mind meditation methods and says the Yogas of Naropa will take you as far as Mo Pai, I consider it unlikely that if you talk about Mo Pai in this spirit that you will get banned.

Curious thing is that a representative from "the real Mo Pai" made an appearance here late last year, and specifically stated that the comments being made ostensibly on behalf on mopai do not represent or reflect the real Mo Pai AND bluntly asked that they they be left out of it all.

Makes the whole "standing up for the real Mo Pai" position a little tenuous, I think.

Edited by Brian

I don't think we bash Mo Pai, not anymore then the criticisms that come up in any other system, though MPG would criticize so many other systems that it'd bounce back against him.

Wait, I'm responding to the same message sent here each week by MPG or his puppets. Its nearly the same writing each time and I'm responding the same way. I suspect after getting repeatedly banned under different names, MPG is sending them here weekly. They use creative opening, but then they post the same thing.

The truth is quite the opposite. MPG couldn't stand being on a site that discussed many systems. He'd insult each one, and there students, there teachers. He'd go after any Mo Pai students who didn't meet his standard of 'real' Mo Pai.

There is a huge amount of prejudice and its not on our side. Its MPG's. His forum is a quagmire, full of insults, bitterness and anger. He's built a site in his own image. There's damn little mention of Mo Pai on it, but then he doesn't practice it any more. He's involved in an imaginary struggle with us, repeatedly creating new names and getting banned over and over, or sending people to post his paranoia.

• Like 3

It's interesting how some folks define 'standing up for a system' to be insulting and bashing everyone else in the room.

Sounds like offense to me, not defense, but then I prefer the company of flowers to this ilk...

peace OUT!

can someone of authority please come to explain to me why this is happening?

history, behavior from proponents, community reaction.

not that I'm an authority, but use the search if you want to read all the trash talk. it was warranted, and overdue at that.

You currently are only allowing two groups to express their opinion:

1. The mo pai people who make up and invent their own system.

2. People who trash talk mo pai, and want to discredit it.

If someone comes in and stands up for the real mo pai, they are accused of spamming or some other reason is invented to suspend or ban them from the forums.

So the moderators claim they don't censor or stop one side from having a voice, but I personally believe that is a huge lie.

Only one side gets a voice and this is clearly not fair, can someone of authority please come to explain to me why this is happening? It is completely wrong especially in a forum like this.

Here are two other forums where you can enjoy "unbiased" discussion with other "Mo Pai" afficiandos to your heart's content:

http://mopaidebate.com/discussion/28/space-panda-qigong

http://www.neigongforum.com/index.php

We're not interested in all the drama and name calling here.

Bye bye!

Guest FredZ

Here are two other forums where you can enjoy "unbiased" discussion with other "Mo Pai" afficiandos to your heart's content:

http://mopaidebate.com/discussion/28/space-panda-qigong

http://www.neigongforum.com/index.php

We're not interested in all the drama and name calling here.

Bye bye!

The nei kung forum website looks new. The other mopai one seems to be full of nothing but arguments from this taobums site. Edited by FredZ