Yoda

John DuCane/Dragondoor Qigong blog

His first exercise is to spontaneously and freely shake yourself for 5-20 minutes!!

2222[/snapback]

Oddly enough, I found this one of the most empowering things about Winn's Fundamentals. Something I hadn't done since I was a kid. Just shaking and twisting and writhing around for the hell out of it.

Has anyone ever tried out DuCane's material?

Sean.

John DuCane has just started up a qigong blog!

http://www.dragondoor.com/qigong/news/

His first exercise is to spontaneously and freely shake yourself for 5-20 minutes!!

2222[/snapback]

Could be (yet another) web page to watch :)

Shaking is a good, fun exercise. I've used it on and off in my morning routines (not recently though). I should perhaps add it as another morning wakeup (God knows I still need them)

I've always liked shaking. My Aikido instructor was also big into it. It was pretty similar to what Winn has taught in fundamentals. You start by shaking the wrists vigorously, keep it up til the whole body is rocking, the heels moving of the floor. There is a good feeling after you're done.

Peace

Michael

Awesome. Another blog to read.

A Tai Chi student/teacher I knew for a while attended a weekend class where people were doing this. He thought it was wrong, like some kind of hysteria! In practice it turned out to have a similar effect as the expelling stagnant chi and 'rag doll' warm up exercises we were taught by our teacher if done lightly and could shake off minor chi blockages when done with more vigour.

I like it, but I can hurt myself with a kind of whip lash action if I get too carried away. :)

Ahhh...now you're getting into some fun stuff here.

Shaking/spinning/swinging exercise/meditation/practice have something to really teach people about their balance and connection. Don't get me wrong, I hold stillness/grounding also just as important, but there's also something to say about awareness and inner strength that standing still just does not do. Unless of course, your purposes are not for this specification.

I like to do Mehkith awareness which consists of the following:

Starting at a high elevation point, I release my inhibitions and jump down onto (and most of the time, try to LAND on) a 6 x 4 wooden beam by adjusting my posture and aim as the conditions around me change. Sometimes I challenge myself, sometimes I just go through the motions, but almost always my aim is to not injure myself and to prepare myself for situations when my body will depend on a scenario when I will need to utilize these kind of abilities.

After long exercise sessions, I am learning more as days go by (and I've been helped ALOT by some suggestions that were made by communicating to this very forum, and I cannot thank the knowledgeable and talented people here enough for that) to ground myself better and stillness/holding quellegeh is becoming easier to accomplish that "inner balance".

I've done some and very much enjoyed Aikido. It combines flexibility, strength, and saving your precious energy for things worth expending it on. One thing I was impressed by was forming "trunk and rooting stance" as a defense with some solid mental clarity. In practice, it only took me weeks to feel that strength change inside of me...that feeling of confidence over the subsidiary threats of the ever-changing world that has become things I may not accept into my understanding as something that equated an idea of "improved society".

I know these things may be trivial at times...but my main point is that nonstop growth inside yourself...that endless evolving force that pieces the development of the immortal spirit needs different things as all human-body machines differ, and character differs.

So what else do you guys do to awaken the energy for your daily tasks at hand?

Anything else to share??? Keep this going...I love it, I am finally getting some time to discuss here and I can say honestly, nuttin is betta.

:P

Going to do some PCK and MO before stargazing...

Mehkeim,

-Jessica