Horus

Does Kriya Yoga contradict or interfere with Neigong?

Kriya contradicts Neigong?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Kriya contradicts Neigong?

• Yes, plausible.
    • No, horse shit.
    • Not Sure....

Neigong could be said to see whole body enlightenment and immortality by purging, tonifying and regulating toward jing, qi, shen refinement and development of the energy/spirit/Immortal bodies, while Kriya could be said to focus upon raising kundalini to the crown and enlightening/escaping consciousness from the confines of the body...

But, what is the consensus from a Neigong standpoint - will Kriya Yoga pull energy away from the Neigong process?

Personally, I love both - but what's the poop from the bums?

As a former and occasional Kriyaban, and someone with a new interest in Taoist methods, I'd be interested to here about this too.

Sorry that I don't have any answers to contribute.

THOUGH, '
Kriya Yoga The Science of Life Force by Swami Nityananda Giri', is a book that details the energetic workings behind/involved with Kriya Yoga in an unprecedented way. If you can work out the Yogic/Taoist equivalents of terminology, or if you already know them, then, this book could give you a good idea about how the two (Kriya and Neigong/Neidan) might interact.

I haven't read much of it (I've got a lot of other work to do ATM), but, from a brief look, it covers a lot of areas.

• Like 2

Thanks Satya!

Nice to find another kriyataoist hybrid :)

I've been working with Kriya Secrets Revealed - JC Stevens which is a great text.

If you are interested in studying, practicing and discussing Kriya and Neigong/Neidan please come and discuss it at http://www.jedischool.cf (I'm not a teacher, nor am I teaching through that site, it's a community discussion forum in progress...)

I've not added the Kriya text chapters yet, but its a work in progress...

• Like 1

Thanks Satya!

Most welcome. :)

Nice to find another kriyataoist hybrid :)

Yeah. I don't know why I didn't look into this side of things before. Probably too much to learn with just the Yogic stuff in the beginning, and, my first meditation group (when I was really young), didn't cover much Taoist stuff (especially when compared to Yogic/Indian stuff); some Tao Te Ching/Philosophy, etc, but, nothing on technique. Probably, as BK Frantzis highlights, british colonisation of India opened up channels of communication for Yogic methods, and, there wasn't really a Taoist/Chinese equivalent.

I've been working with Kriya Secrets Revealed - JC Stevens which is a great text.

I've got the stevens text too.

Good book indeed.

I was also initiated into a school of Kriya, by a Kriya Master. Mixed feelings about the whole thing, and I don't like the idea of secrecy. I think it served a purpose in olden times, for example to protect yourself from being tortured/killed as a which/practitioner of black magic, but, not so much these days. Secrecy provides shadows in which unmonitored wrongdoings can occur.

Whilst the Stevens book is a good practice manual, the Nityananda book covers HUGE amounts of information on the workings/logistics/processes involved in Yogic stuff in general, but, specifically, in Kriya Yoga. Again, I haven't read that much, finishing a degree at the moment, but, it's on my to do list.

If you are interested in studying, practicing and discussing Kriya and Neigong/Neidan please come and discuss it at http://www.jedischool.cf (I'm not a teacher, nor am I teaching through that site, it's a community discussion forum in progress...)

I've not added the Kriya text chapters yet, but its a work in progress.

Thank you for the offer, but, at the moment I'm working on too many other things (masters degree, fixing my brain, some other side projects). Also, I'm not currently practising Kriya.
At the moment I'm doing some simple breath work, mindfulness of breath meditation, kind of following Wallace: 'Attention Revolution', for mindfulness meditation, and then, energy stuff wise, I'm doing Spring Forest (when I remember).

That's not to say I wouldn't be interested in the future. :) . I ordered JAJs Neigong book whilst it was on sale, so, that'll be some interesting reading once I've got all this other stuff done; and, when I've finished my overarching projects (mainly the degree), I PLAN (though, "the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray") on studying (and practising) the Taoist side of things a bit more, and hopefully, discovering parallels and recording spiritual synonyms, etc.

I'll be sharing results when I do this, and obviously any contributions of thoughts/ideas/experiences would be great.

I think there might be some other Kriya/Taoist people here. I remember seeing some stuff when going through the forums.

When I've got a free min I'll have a think and see if I can remember who. :)

Hey horus. Internet is down at my place, so, just briefly responding to posts/emails, etc, at a friends house (hence longish time to reply):

To save going off topic on this thread, if you are interested, I've answered the question of what 'brain issues', here:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/34642-psychological-issues-and-spiritual-practices-shouldnt-practices-trump-therapymedication/page-2

:)

• Like 1

Also, I have recently bought the JAJ Neigong book, so, once I've got my other things done (degree, projects, brain, etc), I'll be sure to post what I think are comparisons between the yogic and taoist systems.

One thing from flicking through, and obvious to many probably, most all esoteric energetic systems involve some kind of breathwork that involves the spine/governing channel. Both seem to highlight amrit/the sweet substance that comes after doing practice for so long. And, both mention tongue positions etc.

Obviously (IMO), all systems are ultimately teaching the same principles, but, perhaps with different focuses on different areas more than others, and, of course, different language.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2014 at 3:06 PM, Satya said:

As a former and occasional Kriyaban, and someone with a new interest in Taoist methods, I'd be interested to here about this too.

Sorry that I don't have any answers to contribute.

THOUGH, '
Kriya Yoga The Science of Life Force by Swami Nityananda Giri', is a book that details the energetic workings behind/involved with Kriya Yoga in an unprecedented way. If you can work out the Yogic/Taoist equivalents of terminology, or if you already know them, then, this book could give you a good idea about how the two (Kriya and Neigong/Neidan) might interact.

I haven't read much of it (I've got a lot of other work to do ATM), but, from a brief look, it covers a lot of areas.

I have spoken with Nityananda he is a nice person. What he is describing he has learned from his Guru who was a Student of Paramahamsa Hariharananda.

There is a direct student of Paramahamsa Hariharananda named Donald Abrams who teaches in the United States.

www.kriyalove.com

Edited by Pilgrim