Sign in to follow this  
soaring crane

motherblastingfrikkafrakkin horseflies

Ok, I'm one to save everything alive that comes my way. I bring the houseflies out of the house, I stop to move snails off the walkway to the bushes, I even let mosquitoes suck a little blood and go about their business when they land on me.

And when I practice outside, I simply acknowledge the presence of every something lands on me or crawls over my bare foot, or into my ear, and I'm thankful for the test of my cultivation. Smile :)

But horseflies. Ow!!!! Leggooo!!!

They're just assholes.

Whaaappp!!!! Done with that shit :angry:

We have an infestation of the damned things and they're making it difficult to enjoy my usual qigong haunts.

/rant

• Like 7

I'm on your side. Horseflies suck! But they bite really hard first. Gnats are my nasty bug. (Don't have horseflies here.)

• Like 2

Horseflies bite soooo hard and they don't let go. I got bit today while standing and blood was running down my leg. And the worst thing is that they follow you, like attack choppers. Grrrr...

• Like 2

It is also in the sound they make - it's like they took off the muffler and make no bones about eating you alive.

They don't fly around with fine needles and try to make it bare able to their host - they bring a boom box and a keg of beer!

• Like 4

Yes, spotless, you understand! And we have swarms of them. I've been trapped in the woods feeling like I was in a horror movie trying to get away from them. They find their way under clothing, and also just bite right through

• Like 2

Reminds me of fishing off the dock in Gustavus :lol: When we were kids we tried using 'em for fish bait, but I dont recall that working out all that well either :lol:

• Like 5

There is a little white fly in areas where I live with the nick name "noseeums".

And really, one can hardly see them. However, I seem to be alergic to their bite. The first time I enountered them they had done a job to my feet and ankles and I didn't even know I had been bitten. I was in pain for a week agter that.

• Like 2

ugh those things are so small they go right through the screen, too. they were all over the place when my brother was living up outside of plattsburgh!

• Like 3

Yes, spotless, you understand! And we have swarms of them. I've been trapped in the woods feeling like I was in a horror movie trying to get away from them. They find their way under clothing, and also just bite right through

White noise with teeth :D

Must be bad for the horses- you will see them horse-flies all around their eyeballs and they CAN'T SWAT THEM AWAY! :blink:

• Like 3

White noise with teeth :D

Must be bad for the horses- you will see them horse-flies all around their eyeballs and they CAN'T SWAT THEM AWAY! :blink:

In German, they're called "Pferdebremsen" which translates to "Horse Stopper", because of how dangerous it when a horse gets bitten while riding.

Really, the things are sooo cruel. There are gentler ways of getting blood from a host.

• Like 3

They leave a sort of circular skin trapdoor when they bite down too and they bite deep as they don't discriminate between thick horse flesh and much thinner human skin.

Vampires of the insect world your horse flies.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Really, the things are sooo cruel. There are gentler ways of getting blood from a host.

I think I know what my ex-motherinlaw is reincarnating into next lifetime ;)

• Like 1

I really prefer not to be subjected to horseflies or no-see-ems, thank you.

Edited by Brian
  • Like 1

DEET

Horrible stuff though.

I use the 100% and spray it on pure cotton shirts and trousers and pure cotton hats.

It eats synthetics and plastics, including watches, cameras and electronics cases etc., so be careful with it - and don't use it on your skin (although I've ignored the latter piece of advice myself when in malarial mozzie areas or if there are other disease-carrying nasties around).

• Like 1

What ? nobody defending the horseflies ?

Their rights , their essential purpose in the universe ?

What happened to being OK with everything and being free of desires for things to be any different than they are?

Oh ! what sad times are these..

;)

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 3

What ? nobody defending the horseflies ?

Their rights , their essential purpose in the universe ?

What happened to being OK with everything and being free of desires for things to be any different than they are?

Oh ! what sad times are these..

;)

Yeah...

Except...

Horseflies are just assholes.

• Like 3

Thats still differentiation sir , a stereotype,, if you will, prejudice perhaps..

Have you walked a mile in their shoes ?

Refrain from judgement , and you will have fewer causes for sadness,,

Perhaps embrace them as a friend ,, remove the sting by extending compassion to this living creature

Do you have any more right to live than they?

• Like 3

I would be willing to lay money that this beautiful attitude would quickly change if a couple dozen of them started chewing on your body.

• Like 4

Thats still differentiation sir , a stereotype,, if you will, prejudice perhaps..

Have you walked a mile in their shoes ?

Refrain from judgement , and you will have fewer causes for sadness,,

Perhaps embrace them as a friend ,, remove the sting by extending compassion to this living creature

Do you have any more right to live than they?

I'm just going to follow SotG's example and imagine that blood-sucking people I know will be reincarnated into them. I might also swat one if it gets too close. I (luckily) haven't had a close encounter with one in quite some time.

Full disclosure: I also murder mosquitos with extreme prejudice.

Edited by Green Tiger
  • Like 1

I would be willing to lay money that this beautiful attitude would quickly change if a couple dozen of them started chewing on your body.

Well , Mr fancy footwork , you didnt answer the questions , do you , think you have more right to live then tHey do.

Do you not believe that compassion will conquer what appear to be conflict?

Are you willing to put yourself in their situation,

No one knows what it's like

To be the bad man

To be the sad man

Behind blue eyes

No one knows what it's like

To be hated

To be fated

To being only flies

But my dreams

They aren't as empty

As my conscience seems to be