Sign in to follow this  
silent thunder

pic upload issue

I tried to add a few pics to a reply and each was rejected as being too large.

Looking down I saw that the upper limit to the file size I could upload was 18.27kb

Is there a cap as to how much data in pics we can upload? Or is this a temporary glitch?

Yeah, I've had to significantly shrink the pics I've uploaded recently, too.

I tried to add a few pics to a reply and each was rejected as being too large.

Looking down I saw that the upper limit to the file size I could upload was 18.27kb

Is there a cap as to how much data in pics we can upload? Or is this a temporary glitch?

This was brought up before, and the limit is 1mg (not 2 like it says). See my PPF "what I was doing while you guys were debating mopai" to see that photo uploads work fine with many diff size files...

There is another thread on this too btw., in the office somewhere.... where someone was having some difficulties with it... please make sure it was a file SIZE issue... also restart your browser, roboot your computer, removie cookies and done use IE :D.

Yeah, I've had to significantly shrink the pics I've uploaded recently, too.

it used to be 2MB, then 1, but 18.27 is smaller than... well pretty much precludes any picture I've got...

Well this is odd. I've uploaded hundreds of pics to the site.

Cache cleared, reboot. File size is limited to 18.27K for me.

I'd post a screenie of it, but it'd be this big lol " . "

I have these odd things take place with my system from time to time... like the font oddity I had for months whereby all of the script in any forum I visited was bold.

• Like 1

Try a different browser for fun. Also checkout the other thread about photo uploading difficulties, maybe some clue there...

• Like 1

What is the largest you can upload?

Didn't do any definitive testing. Tried to upload a 1.1Meg pic yesterday and it was too large. Cropped it a bunch and it uploaded. The one that worked was 385k. Then tried again this morning and again had to crop (but didn't save a copy of the cropped version that time so not sure how big...)

Both are in the "My Worldview" thread in my PPF, if you wanna look...

• Like 1

Try a different browser for fun. Also checkout the other thread about photo uploading difficulties, maybe some clue there...

I tried three browsers and two different platforms (Windows and Android...)

uploaded at: 472 kb

thumbnail at: 140.99 KB

not sure why it displays as a thumbnail...

IMG_0084-2.jpg

I tried three browsers and two different platforms (Windows and Android...)

Did you run into trouble though? 1mb is the largest it accepts (I know it says 2mb, but it lies lol)

The 1 megabyte limit seems to be working, I think. I hadn't realized it had changed until this thread (I probably read it earlier but didn't pay attention...)

• Like 2

The 1 megabyte limit seems to be working, I think. I hadn't realized it had changed until this thread (I probably read it earlier but didn't pay attention...)

Oh, do try to pay attention, Wadsworth ...

• Like 2

I should just merge the picture issues threads and pin them, we get this question a lot ;). Actually, perhaps a top 20 or something...

• Like 1

Yea merging the pic threads would be a good idea.

I still can't upload anything larger than 18.27k, browsers, caches, reboots... nada... another oddity.

I still can't upload anything larger than 18.27k, browsers, caches, reboots... nada... another oddity.

And at the bottom where you attach the file, did you try the advanced option? So both ways don't work?

And did you try another computer? (only for troubleshoot purposes)

Anyone else at all having this trouble?

And at the bottom where you attach the file, did you try the advanced option? So both ways don't work?

And did you try another computer? (only for troubleshoot purposes)

Yea, I always use the advanced loader as the other has never worked, added hundreds of pics on the site, but can only use the advanced option, all others say that file extension is not allowed. So I'm always adding pics in the thumbnail appearance manner via the advanced options.

I have tried everything I can think of, except to use my wife's laptop. I'll give that a test later and see how it goes.

It's an odd puzzle...

very very odd.

• Like 2

Have you tried just uploading the photos to some online photo site then linking them? I mean after you convert them to .jpg that is (yeah the file extension thing really is a PIA sometimes). Are these photos you take, or?

Sign in to follow this