SonOfTheGods

What colour can YOU see? Dizzying optical illusion creates a different shade for every viewer: (Epileptic Warning/Sensitive Eyes)

fxujieoytrujdulq7vcd.gif

What colour can YOU see? Dizzying optical illusion creates a different shade for every viewer - but no-one knows why

Some people see green, a few yellow or red and other see no colour at all

Exactly why illusion looks different to different people is still a mystery

Benham's top is being researched for use as a tool to identify eye disease

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2656082/What-colour-YOU-Dizzying-optical-illusion-creates-different-shade-viewer-no-one-knows-why.html

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 1

I stared at that thing for 5 minutes straight and all I got out of it was a strange feeling like I need to send SonOfTheGods all of my money . . . :wacko:

• Like 8

I dig optical illusions.

They are such tangible pointers to the places where our senses break down and are inaccurate.

I don't see any color.

i can see red blue yellow, i believe its the colors the eye can presive.

Red.

No, blue.

Aaaahhhhh...

;)

If the top spins MUCH faster than that particular image is, I start to see blue.

• Like 3

We lived in a consumer-technology-impaired country when my kids were little, and had an old black-and-white TV, from way back in my own childhood I think. Then we got a color one. My daughter, then about 4, didn't notice the difference, and didn't understand what I was talking about when I told her that now it's all in color. She asserted our old TV was all in color too, and thought I'm playing some weird trick on her when I tried to explain that it was black-and-white. She never saw it as black-and-white, it had always been a color TV for her.

• Like 4

We lived in a consumer-technology-impaired country when my kids were little, and had an old black-and-white TV, from way back in my own childhood I think. Then we got a color one. My daughter, then about 4, didn't notice the difference, and didn't understand what I was talking about when I told her that now it's all in color. She asserted our old TV was all in color too, and thought I'm playing some weird trick on her when I tried to explain that it was black-and-white. She never saw it as black-and-white, it had always been a color TV for her.

:)

post-1311-0-55819900-1402600787_thumb.gif

• Like 2

hmmm now the lines are orange and the big chunks are purple.

Why do I keep returning to this thing? SoG??? Whart did you do here???!

• Like 3

No colour and it doesnt look like a spinning top to me - just sections of black appearing here and there with some curved lines

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

No colour and it doesnt look like a spinning top to me - just sections of black appearing here and there with some curved lines

yea that's how I saw it this morning.

this afternoon the lines, not the spaces, were oscillating pale orange and teal

I stared at that thing for 5 minutes straight and all I got out of it was a strange feeling like I need to send SonOfTheGods all of my money . . . :wacko:

10% commission check coming your way ;)

hmmm now the lines are orange and the big chunks are purple.

Why do I keep returning to this thing? SoG??? Whart did you do here???!

LMAO

White Light!

But :blink: what's your paypal SOTG? :wub:

• Like 1

depends where you look..

a ring of yellow...more like, a conglomeration of ellipses...
around the center, a mandelbrot-esque orange emanating from the center black circle;
a blue-purple cyclotron of sorts about the yellow ellipses,
a 5 pronged infrared-red-deep orange, umber-ish mandala, spinning in the black circle at the center...

the white-to-yellow/blue/purple resonant patterning is reminiscent of the star wars galactic empire symbol, but a little different icon_lol.gif without the radial protuberances

I'd wonder when I was a child why, when I was watching spidey on a saturday morning and it said "In Color!" on the screen, I still saw only black and white :lol: but that was being like 4

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 2

depends where you look..

a ring of yellow...more like, a conglomeration of ellipses...

around the center, a mandelbrot-esque orange emanating from the center black circle;

a blue-purple cyclotron of sorts about the yellow ellipses,

a 5 pronged infrared-red-deep orange, umber-ish mandala, spinning in the black circle at the center...

the white-to-yellow/blue/purple resonant patterning is reminiscent of the star wars galactic empire symbol, but a little different icon_lol.gif without the radial protuberances

I've always had great respect for your species. And Leo Tolstoy believed that people should learn to cooperate with you more closely and learn from you, not just exploit you for honey, propolis, and beeswax.

• Like 2

I was standing on the porch the other day and this bee flew by, but then came back, hovered in front of my forehead doing this waggledance... :lol:

• Like 2