SonOfTheGods

Who "Sees" the Dragon Eye?

My english is very bad: I'm talking about the reddened face of the weight-lifter, not the colors of the weights.

Whereas brainwaves on the other hand are very much part of the brains functioning. The labels we give them are to classify type, but ultimately they are the weight itself rather than just a label.

If that would be the case, it should be possible to find the brainwaves of the enlightened state.

It's not possible because they're just "side-effects" and not an efficient scale to measure meditation states.

My english is very bad: I'm talking about the reddened face of the weight-lifter, not the colors of the weights.

If that would be the case, it should be possible to find the brainwaves of the enlightened state.

It's not possible because they're just "side-effects" and not an efficient scale to measure meditation states.

Not at all, your English is fine! That was my mistake, I read it wrongly the first time around.

I have heard of experiments that measured the brainwaves of talented athletes and spiritual masters which have shown significant difference in brain function. Science and spirituality aren't two separate things. I believe these things can be measured by science to an extent.

Sorry for misunderstanding your original post though ;)

• Like 2

Not at all, your English is fine! That was my mistake, I read it wrongly the first time around.

I have heard of experiments that measured the brainwaves of talented athletes and spiritual masters which have shown significant difference in brain function. Science and spirituality aren't two separate things. I believe these things can be measured by science to an extent.

Sorry for misunderstanding your original post though ;)

One example of this is subjective time experienced by high level Martial Artists and Athletes.

The elite will usually share a common nod when one among them talks about that point in their game when 'things slow down' and their performance jumps to the next level.

I experienced similar studying martial arts and sparring.

This state is also routinely experienced in anyone who's been involved in an accident.

Time slows way down via the brain being affected by external/internal forces.

• Like 2

one of my most spectacular wipeouts on skis happened in severely slowed down time back when I was a teenager...~80 yards of moguls and a shoulder height jump at the end of it, slammed on the brakes last couple of 'em the first 5 times I went to it...I was mad, so the last time, full speed ahead, I was surprised at how much the skis bent as they traveled up the jump, doubledaffy finished and...I was still going up...and up...and up...got a little concerned when I noticed I was higher than all the trees and the ski lift was at a disgustingly downward angle, like 45 degrees down. I prepared to land for what felt like 2 whole minutes, not really seeing that I went so far past the landing area that it was pretty much perfectly flat where I was landing, skis slapped the ground, will never forget the sound they made, both knees came up and hit my shoulders...while I was rising back up from that, I noticed I hit so hard that neither of my boots were attached to the skis any longer, I slooooowly rolled forward....and the instant my hands touched the ground, real time resumed, my limbs went in fantastic directions, quite the yard sale...

my younger brother, watching and laughing, his friend in total shock going oh sh*t, he's fkn dead, man, he's fkn deadddd whle I was in mid air..

...one of many reasons I only have part of my L5S1...

...attenuate all the cranial nerves well enough in meditation and time pretty much stops, too...shining moments of awareness...

• Like 2

quite the yard sale

Haha great story, I've got some crackers like that haha and a friend that broke his arm on an inaccessible mountain, got air lifted out but the helicopter dropped him as they airlifted him away!!! Haha funny only because he survived of course!

• Like 1

In my younger gonzo-skiing days, we called those "spectacular crashes," joeblast.

:)

• Like 1

Any of you ever seen an infinitely large golden/orangey dragon? So immense that a force surrounding it feels like it's pulling you apart.. So big that you can't perceive it all at once .. Just parts of it as it moves past you, visually in slow motion, elegantly but producing a fierce incredible power from its movement.

I've seen it a few times... I can hold on during the meditation but I feel like a little rag doll being thrown around. I tried drawing in some of the power last time but I haven't seen it since.

The first time I saw the golden dragon was after the eye.. Felt my brain buzzing like it had lit up and that's when it got crazy.

I have not seen it for quite some time, but I used to see very similar all the time. I had a past life experience in ancient Greece where I was transmuted into a Dragon to protect a Goddess. I used to see that "Dracon" all the time.

Best to just ask the Dragon regarding imbuing its energy...

In my research, I've found that science doesn't really measure what it can't explain.

In scientific terms, meditation is just a "relaxation exercise" and nothing more. How could you expect explanations and efficient ways to measure the real thing?

• Like 1

Google The neijing tu,

On the top left, slightly below and left of where the du and ren mai meet, there's a text which says something like:

FaZang said: the purple eye makes clear the four great oceans,

White beams spiral about, reaching up to Sumaru.

The boddhisattva said: A white light spirals out from between the eyebrows,

able to liberate all beings from the pain of reincarnation

In my experience, what we see when yang fills the du mai is the opening of the tianmu, the heavenly eye. It can be seen as if it is a circle with a slit in it. The slit is the dumai passing through the point. It can also be seen as if there are multiple cirlces, and as if there is an x behind it. This is because there are multiple qi orifices behind the heavenly eye, and when qi gathers at it initially we are looking into the brain, seeing the structures of qi holes and meridians behind it.

Let go of any ideas of what this is, and over time it will accumulate energy which leads inside. When essence has been raised to the brain and what you see is pure light radiating out, then it can open.

For me, when the time is right, it feels like there is a straw stuck from between my eyebrows into the center of my brain. When it is like this I can focus on my tianmu and see out of it. It's slower to navigate by than the "normal" eyes, but it works.

But that's just a parlor trick.

The best is to let go of everything, and when the energy accumulates and you see the "eye", simply let go and follow it, don't focus there. release the energy and complete the circuit. Focusing on a sensation is how you bring about adverse results: go into nothingness and strive for completion.

• Like 2

In my research, I've found that science doesn't really measure what it can't explain.

In scientific terms, meditation is just a "relaxation exercise" and nothing more. How could you expect explanations and efficient ways to measure the real thing?

I guess what you're saying is we'll never be able to see into the mind completely to understand whats going on in a scientific way on the most complex of scales. The redness of the weight lifters face tells you that the weights are heavy from his perspective, but it doesn't give you an exact weight, plus each person would experience the weight differently dependent on ability. Did I understand you correctly?

But... our brains are much more alike across the board, as are the chemical reactions and brainwaves we produce. They may be altered by our own consciousness (meditative states) stimulated by introducing external substances or trained through repetitive practice of something.

By looking at the brainwaves of different states we can see similarities in the way the brain responds to our consciousness/other substances. The chemical reaction of THC in marijuana always has the same effect on a persons brain, so we understand what kind of state the person will be in - we just cant say PRECISELY what their experience will entail. (Yet the same is true for meditation.) Someone who is under the influence of an emotion will also produce a very specific pattern of brain activity.

The point is, unlike the blood rushing to the face of a person lifting weights, brain activity (as far as I know) is not affected by so many other factors (height, health, skin colour, strength etc.) It is more predictable and understandable. Therefore, if in meditation I'm giving off theta waves from a certain region of the brain ...and that result has been linked to my meditation experience..meanwhile an external chemical has been shown to have a similar effect on the same region - we can assume that - based on the evidence and testimonial - that the experience is having similar effects on my perception and thoughts.

I do see what you're saying though - that measuring what goes on in the physical body doesn't necessarily reflect on whats happening to spiritual essence...perhaps we will get a better understanding of the way life works now the age of quantum computing is on our doorstep.

Meh. Sucks when I write a lengthy post like this - get to the end and feel like my reply was completely unnecessary haha.

• Like 1

I do see what you're saying though - that measuring what goes on in the physical body doesn't necessarily reflect on whats happening to spiritual essence...perhaps we will get a better understanding of the way life works now the age of quantum computing is on our doorstep.

Yes, in fact here we arrive at the point that I originally made: meditation and shamanic trance are not the same things and this is something that cannot be measured merely by brainwaves activity.

I am under the impression that Science knows more than "it" let's on.

The military is always looking for "Super Soldier" Technology.

Weaponizing Chi, is the future for warfare.

A soldier that can go into suspended animated trance- go without food, drink- stay focused under the most extreme circumstances- with Stillness and courage found only in a machine.

I've personally been approached- not interested in compromising karma for $ :)