Sign in to follow this  
Marblehead

Short Skirts and Bikinis

Yascra asked a very valid question in another thread that is now locked and I cannot respond to it. Therefore I have started this thread in order to respond.

Yascra's post reads:

As you're at the topic and it's hot here, what I'd actually like to know: Do you guys dislike short skirts and bikinis if one wouldn't shave legs etc., or would you still prefer to see an unshaved body in short skirts and bikinis...?

So, is it actually more important to see a leg half-naked or to see a half-naked leg that looks like you'd prefer it to look like?

My first experience with women with unshaven legs was in Germany in 1960. My first trip to France resulted in seeing even more women with unshaven legs. For me, it really did not make the women any less attractive.

My trips to Asia saw many women with unshaven legs but most don't have leg hair anyhow so it didn't matter.

And then John Lennon did the song "Woman is the N***** of the World" and he sang abou that (making women shave their legs) and this really had meaning to me.

Here in the States I know a black woman, in he late 30's, who has never shaved her legs and I met a Irish ancestory lady at an Americana Music Festival, in her mid-forties, who had never shaved her legs.

For some women I would say yes, they would be more attractive if they shaved their legs, but for others their beauty shines through even with hair on their legs.

And yes, I have known women who shave their legs all the way up to their belly button. This is attractive too.

So bottom line, I feel a man has no right to tell or even ask a woman to shave her legs. That is a very personal thing in my mind.

• Like 5

Yes, also thought about starting new as a thread in Off Topic :D

Thanks for your answer :)

• Like 1

Hmm, if a man prefers it, a woman could always say "you first" :D

Yep. One of the criterea of a good leader is to be willing to do anything (s)he requires of their subordinates.

• Like 3

makeup is annoying....and so is female body hair, it just gets in the way at certain times...eyebrows and head the exception. only girl I ever seen pull off the no eyebrows thing was the mona lisa :lol: saw this girl recently that painted 'em in, my god I had to put forth effort to compose myself, it looked that funny. maybe she has a huge unibrow or something.

• Like 1

I'm all for allowing things to stay natural. Never been into the highly coiffed, underage mimicking behavior.

Took a while when we were first together, but eventually convinced my wife to stop shaving her body and let the makeup go at least when we weren't performing or auditioning (most makeup has an unpleasant smell to me). She grew up in Germany so it wasn't that difficult as she'd had some exposure to natural appearing women.

She'd let up on the shaving through the Winter, but would shave for Summer and bikini time.

Where I really dug in deep and fought diligently was against her exploration of getting a breast augmentation while in the middle of her acting career. She was appearing regularly on one of the soaps and thought it would help her to the next level... decade or so later, she took me out to a nice dinner and then said " thank you for being a reasonable voice at that time, I'm so glad I'm still just me" Me too... me too.

Personally, I find the hairless, shaven gals to be an annoyingly imposed underage looking.

• Like 4

Saw a student teacher from beauty therapy once do a demo of waxing.

She picked out a 'volunteer', ex army guy whose speciality subject was teaching 'door safe' to nightclub security 'bouncers'.

Big tough lad he was.

She put the wax on his arm then a bandage jobby over it, waited and then ripped it off.

They reckon his scream was heard as far away as the next faculty building.

• Like 1

This is not some personal vendetta against women or anything men have about controlling women.

In some tribes in South America you are simply not deemed attractive unless you have a block of wood stuck between your lower lip and teeth.

The norms that exist today are different all over the world - as noted in France and Germany regarding leg hair.

30 years ago the 2 day old beard was not the cool thing for GQ guys but now it's practically a requirement.

During the 60/70s men with tons of hair were considered the most sexy - now it the opposite.

Jewelry then was large and somewhat crude - needing a handcrafted look then.

It should be possible to talk about these things without including a blame for it on the other sex.

The female models we used to like in western culture were morbidly obese, completely tan-less and definitely not of the minorities.

This is always in flux as we cultivate new ways to attract attention to ourselves and look for what attracts.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

I think it really depends how hairy the legs are. To be honest, I haven't encountered a lot of hairy women, even the hippy chicks around here shave, for the most part. I will say that female underarm hair is a turn off for me. Maybe just because I'm used to not seeing it and it just doesn't look quite right. If I were used to seeing it, then I'm sure it would be a different story.

I had a waitress the other night who had a mustache. She was pretty cute otherwise, but I just couldn't stop staring at the mustache. It was like a top hat on an otter. Maybe he is the most adorable otter ever, but all I see is the top hat.

• Like 2

I was so happy when bald came back into fashion.

Still am.

:)

I've been voluntarily bald for years now... just shaved it one day on a whim.

was an actor for years and had to fuss over hair endlessly... lol, bye hair.

now it's wash, rinse, dry in 15 seconds.

Besides, few things are as orgasmic as stepping into the shower, or diving in a pool with a freshly shaved/cropped head, or having Mrs Thunder randomly roving her hand over my fuzzy dome while we sit and read...

Funny thing this topic just reminded me of:

I was into swimming in high school and was gifted. I remember the coach and teammates trying to convince me to shave my body to decrease my times... "um na, I'm fine with those milliseconds thanks"... :D

One day Mrs Thunder says she's going to join me and shave her head, then keep the Annie Lennox crop.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 2

Women shave their legs (and everything else) in Germany these days. Just visit any thermal bath/sauna to confirm this (or, do like I did and marry one and have a daughter). And it's true for both sexes ;)

Re-modeling and removing body hair is an old, old, old custom that spans the globe. The Celts were heavy into body grooming; and there are paintings on Egyptians pyramids showing quite explicitly how they did it.

Except in the pheromone-heavy areas and on the head, human body hair is mostly a superfluous leftover of evolution. We lost it as we developed the erect posture and it became a hindrance to controlling body temperature. The evaporative function of perspiration is one of our secret survival weapons, so, it's only natural that the skin under the hair is more attractive to us than the hair covering it, I guess.

I suppose, though, that body hair is also a sign of aging, sigh. And, like it or not, youth is attractive.

(I had a biker friend way back when who had flames tattooed to his scalp after he went bald, like Bam-Bam Bigelow haha :)

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 4

I dont care how hairy a woman's legs are ... as long as they are neat ... Brylcreamed and parted down the middle of the shin.

After 25 years on two communes .... bikini ??? Weird looking things IMO ... once a woman turned up at our river beach / swimming hole ... she stripped off her clothes and revealed a spectacular body in a sexy one-piece swimming costume, as she walked past the naked people every one was looking at her ... mmmm . . . . nice costume ! .... LAter she took it off and went naked like the rest of us ..... I sorta lost interest in watching.

Some people seem to know how to match their style and cut of clothing with their style and shape of body ... other people dont have a clue

.... I probably dont ... but then - I dont have to look at myself do I ? ;)

And no, I dont shave my legs ... and I have no chest hair ... can hardly grow facial hair but have head hair like several mops held together ... it must have all moved up there.

- Is Marblehead's head really like a marble ?

• Like 5

- Is Marblehead's head really like a marble ?

About one day every month and a half. That's how often I shave my face and when I do that everthing from the neck up goes except for the eye lashes and eye brows. (I actually have a couple eye brow hair hairs that grow like crazy and have to cut them every few weeks.)

• Like 2

Definitely more ogling going on at the swimsuit-required public swimming pools than textile-forbidden saunas.

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 2

Whatever man - women just rock! Hairy, bald, skinny, plump, tall, short, fast, slow - women just rock!

modernmomrevised.jpg

• Like 6

I've had long hair in the past. Since about 30 years ago I started the No 3 clipper ... just leaves some bristles ... life is easier that way (showering, combing, especially with bush tics around here ... .. its probably ONE of the things I agree with the Hare Krishna's about ... they just need to get rid of that last bit at the back) .

• Like 2

My friend has a teenage son who is competitive swimmer. He was in the bathroom shaving his legs and she asked through the door if he needed help. He yelled back,

"Leave me alone, Mom, I'm a man now and I can shave my own damn legs!"

• Like 7

Ooo ... that might be a bit much for me ... since I dont even like beards on men . Two of the women at work shared my aversion to 'beardies' ... we had an anti-beardie club.

A beardie isnt just someone with a beard ... it has to be one of those stupid beards :angry:

beard.jpg

88ebaed8aa8d19efabf9c58a54338a3e.jpg

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this