RookieIAm

Your Opinions

What do you guys think about dejavu? Do you guys believe it has anything to do with chi and the tao?

Everything has to do with chi and the tao.

Nothing has to do with chi and the tao.

• Like 2

What do you guys think about dejavu? Do you guys believe it has anything to do with chi and the tao?

deja vu = already seen(French)

Chi or Tao was not already seen for what I've known..... :o

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Deja Vu has a couple options to me so far... it's either a road maker letting me know I'm where I'm supposed to be

or my short term memory is full and the brain uses long term to store the moment so it feels like it happened before...

• Like 1

One way to look at it is that knowing what is about to happen often has the sensation of being an experience that is being repeated.

When using the I Ching to divine what to expect, the connection to the message is dependent upon parallel processes. The toss of the yarrow happens together with many other tosses made without looking at a book, or knowing what was written. That is not a metaphor but a simple acknowlegement of all those choices made when we are not sure what will happen next, The enquiry that would look to the future happens in a context of many elements moving together. The line between asking and demanding is an important boundary in the matter of knowing what to expect. It is not like asking what will happen no matter what.

The multiplicity of different possibilities is expressed as the "ten thousand things" It is a large number. The mind (mine anyway) cannot hope to know how those things were all generated from smaller sets of changes. But ten thousand is finite. Beyond the capacity of the mind but not as out of proportion to the real as measuring items against infinity.

Infinity makes everything equal to everything else. Once one accepts that the elements involved are just these incredibly large number of things, life is different. Not quite within reach but no longer an act of existential futility to bend toward them.

Well, Deja vu, described by me,, as I feel it, is a sense of having seen the sequence rather precisely before,

Im basically thinking, this whole thing already happened .

It is an awareness of whats going on from a slightly removed perspective ,simultaneously with its emotional component,

might indicate one is 'in tune' , but not necessarily wrapped up in, events.

And wouldnt that potentailly be- in accord with being in tune with,,, the flow (of tao)?

I love the name, and the question!

Some funny answers above...

A reason for that...you can try and work it out but sorry, you'll never know. It's not important, that's why.

• Like 2

Deja Vu seems like a subtle type of synchronistic aligning.

Some alignings are simply amazing - once a teacher asked us to read up on a certain hexagram. Some of us did so after class, and one of them asked me to look up their i-ching astrology calculations (sherrill&wu). So the next day I was sitting in a tea house doing the calculations. It was getting very busy, and the table space was short. A gentleman asked if he could share the table I was sitting at and I happily invited him to do so.

As the calculations came to completion, I delighted to find my friend's birth hexagram was 26. The same hexagram we had been reading about the previous day. The gentleman sharing the table with me became interested in what I was working on, and provided his birth date information so I could calculate his hexagram as well. It was the exact same day, month and year as the friend I had just completed the calculations for!

Shorty following, the gentleman's friend arrived to meet him, and it turned out this was also a friend of mine.

Now Deja Vu.... Sometimes I feel as though I have done something before. Something uncannily close to what is right in front of me. Often it feels as though this is something I've experienced as Deja Vu before! And yet it is often quite subtle and I canot touch upon where this sense originated.

Or I may see a person who I am certain I've met before. And often the person agrees, but neither of us are quite sure where we may have crossed paths.

What I understand from this is that as our inner virtue or te is able to radiate out without our egos gettng in the way, naturally our virtue begins to harmonize with the tao in everything around us. As we stop controlling the changes in our life and learn to flow with the current of our original nature, we align reach greater and greater alignment with our natural destiny.

Synchronistic events will manifest through this alignment, and are simply natural resonances. The celestine prophecy says the people we feel we've seen before may have a lesson for us, or may have something to learn from us. At a more basic level, these two people may have a similar subtle energy pattern, and their very coming together into resonance brings harmony. Perhaps they will learn something from each other on the mental level, perhaps the subtle connection changed more than they thought.

Moments we feel we've experienced before may work the same way, and may be subtle resonances that reach deeply within, because whatever is happening is somehow connected to our deeper path. Perhaps we experienced something before which altered us in a subltly profound way, and as we experience a similar pattern we instantly recognize it. Perhaps our mind can't even see the pattern or the significance, but something deeper knows.

Oh... the people sitting at the table next to me just said "deja vu, oh wait that really happens", then got up and left.

*hits post*

Edited by Daeluin
  • Like 1