RookieIAm

Extent of possibilities

alright, i was wondering, im not completely sure but i think i read somewhere that one could strengthen their punch by channeling chi into their fist or something of this sort. Is this true?

1) if it's not true, what would channeling chi into one's hand do?

2) If it is true, than could one send chi to the brain to improve their brains abilities such as memory or speed, by directing chi to specific parts of the brain?

Hehehe. I'm going to say "Yes" although I have no right to say it because I really don't "know" for sure.

However, your thread title called me to the thread because it is an important concept in my life. Possibilities are unlimited Probabilities are limited. Tao is unlimited. Its manifestations are limited.

We never know for sure what our capabilities and capacities are untill after we have tested ourself. (But I don't recommend jumping off the top of a ten story building just to see if you can fly. We need to apply a little logic to what tests we are going to put ourself through.)

• Like 1

I'll say yes, but it's not like Iron Fist. On a mundane level if you punch w/ chi, ie relaxed with much intent and extension you hit harder. Not all that mystical. At very high levels there is an energy but thats pretty rarified master level stuff and you still have to connect to the other person, which is not guaranteed.

• Like 3

can some one answer this: could one send chi to the brain to improve their brains abilities such as memory or speed, by directing chi to specific parts of the brain?

can some one answer this: could one send chi to the brain to improve their brains abilities such as memory or speed, by directing chi to specific parts of the brain?

I intentionally did not mention anything about this. Can we increase the power of our brain? Yes. That was a simple question to answer.

Can we direct our energy to our brain to improve its abilities? Well, I would have to say yes but there are limits, I would think. But then any mental exercise (this includes focusing Chi) would keep the brain juices flowing and just that would increase the brain's ability to process information better.

• Like 1

Bad idea, this tends to cause qi deviations...

• Like 3

Here's one we made earlier.....

:)

Haha, he looks so satisfied at the end. ^^

• Like 1

Yeah I 2nd that. Don't mess with the brain. You really would want someone qualified to help with that. To answer the question, yes you can do all sorts of things with the brain. The prerequisite is having the precision on such a fine scale that you alter a part of the brain without messing up others. How many people do you think could do that? On a basic level if you just work on relaxation and boosting your chi flow then you can let energy work naturally in the brain which will have perhaps a more generalised effect.

Sending chi to the fist is not advanced. You just have to relax sufficiently and then put your intent in your fist or beyond. Ideally inside your opponent. If your intent is inside the opponent they won't go flying away but rather drop to the ground in a fit of pain. There are more advanced techniques to supercharge this basic feat though. If I have to mention them then you won't be able to do it.

Edited by Bearded Dragon

Yeah, you are speaking from a different level than I spoke from and if I had more knowledge I would likely agree with you.

So you see RookieIAm, you will get many different answers to questions like you presented above from different members of this board.

There are many different practices followed here by the members of TaoBums and many of them directly oppose each other. (A source of many arguements between members. Afterall, most of us like being "right".)

Anyhow, best wishes to you at discovering your own potentials.

• Like 2

Best idea is to practice a complete system. Yes, the brain benefits, but there are safeguards to insure whole body-everything qi enhancement. BKA lists what can happen when folks play with things versus actually learning and correctly practicing a system. Charging up separate parts in the head, without balance, is not a good idea. Balance, whole body, mind & Spirit IS good idea.

• Like 4

I hope you are noticing that most of us here start to feel like we are walking on egg shells with this question.

The answer is clearly yes but the idea of offering encouragement to do so to someone who has the need to ask The question elicits a resounding NO.

If you are doing Qi Gong it will do what you are asking without the need to will it to your head.

But memory and speed levels are more typically increased by actual mental exercises. Are you young and wanting extra brain performance or are you older and trying to regain lost performance?

Simple speed reading programs that are very inexpensive will radically increase the speed of many brain functions.

Doing 1-3 logic problems a day will flip your head to "on" pretty fast as well.

• Like 1

I am currently posting on my own forum- the dumb thing I did with Dim Mak- almost 2 weeks ago and got myself a nice dose of "Chi-Poisoning" in my own hand. Now it is interfering with my MMA training

Have to be careful with this stuff :)

Edited by SonOfTheGods

Nothing is impossible. Maybe unlikely, but hey it's a pretty mysterious universe out there.

Chuang Tsu says something like, "knowledge is limitless, but life has limits."

Is it the most efficient use of our limited time to chase after what is limitless?

Perhaps, if that is our destiny.

We all have something pretty magical and mysterious to uncover inside of ourselves. In this lies our key to immortality. Most people fall into the pattern of using the energy of our limited life to chase after desires and become lost and separated from what is true. Often people try to return to truth by seeking out what is possible, without realizing the answer lies in allowing possibility to unfold from within.

If we return to ourselves and let the waters of our desires become still, the mud will slowly slowly settle and the waters will become clear and our intention sharp an focused. With increasingly unwavering sincerity towards our own wholeness, the pattern of our destiny will become more and more clear both in who we are and in what is present all around us.

Chuang Tsu says there is no right or wrong, there is only what is right in front of us.

If we truly wish to have deep and powerful impacts on people, Ghandi puts it well - be the change you want to be in the world. One who is fully whole and truly human need not intentionally manipulate the minds of others. Simply radiating wholeness and trust unconditionally in all directions, such a one cannot be harmed, yet everything around them is changed.

As to power... it is a double edged sword! Chuang Tsu advises weilding power in a hidden way. Let others think they changed themselves, lest a hoard of people decide you have something they want. Maybe that attention would be nice, until you find your powers suddenly gone and your freedom vanished!

Edited by Daeluin
  • Like 2

I wonder why people expect so little , they should have a much greater aspiration , not just asking for a better memory and speed , after having entered the arena of Qi .

Maybe they are entangled by their way of thinking , which is claimed to be scientific, say : identifying which part of the brain that gives rise to what effect.. ?

I think emitting your qi has everything to do with intent. I've had masters smack me with "healing intent" and I got some kind of empowerment / initiation from it, that basically changed my mindset into a warrior, and I feel like a lot of his experience was communicated through that gesture. He's from a hawaiian lineage where teachers pass on kinetic knowledge to students like that.

And I've also sent just pure intent to people very strongly across distance with great effect, usually healing intent. Although I admit to having a few experiences transmitting other than positive energy and that gets results too.

I really think we're meant to be able to create anything through our will, energy, intent. The question is what do you want to create? Just do it…. just experiment wildly, anything new that was ever created was done that way, in that spirit of, why not? Let's see what happens.

I wonder why people expect so little , they should have a much greater aspiration , not just asking for a better memory and speed , after having entered the arena of Qi .

Maybe they are entangled by their way of thinking , which is claimed to be scientific, say : identifying which part of the brain that gives rise to what effect.. ?

For sure cultivation aids memory.

In Mindfulness we teach about 'auto pilot' which is something most of us have experienced.

You go into a room then think - "What did I come into this room for?"

:)

Mindfulness does away with 'auto-pilot'.

Any disciplined regular cultivation aids focus and sharpens memory hence QiGong is super- excellent for seniors.

Just enhancing our brains's memory or speed seems a little trivial to talk about ; in fact, qi's , together with it our sublimated jing, entering our brain does get a special term in Taoism: " 還精補腦" ( Refining our jing into high-quality stuff so as to nourish our brain). Note that loss of memory and loss of a sharp mind, from Taoist point of view (also TCM's) , both are owing to the loss of jing, so clearly they can be remedied during this process.

However, we should expect much more in this process. Qi's entering our brain, if appearing in a little higher form, should be giving you some kind of "Pong ! " , something like having water entered your ears .... then a previously fluctuated mind no longer fluctuated , a previously turbulent way of breathing no longer going ups and downs... so, we can say that its extent of possibility is huge ..

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 3

This exercise seems like a safe way to enhance circulation in the brain more indirectly via the exercise, ie., it doesn't require concentration of forcing chi anywhere with little experience or knowledge of what might happen. Just simply do the exercise and it will do what it's supposed to do.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/34997-superbrain-yogaqigong-balances-brain-hemespheres/