Sign in to follow this  
Silent Answers

Water

Hmm this might not be the right section.. Anyway..

Living in China, you see how seriously here people take water. Pollution issues aside, they are very conscious about the water they put in their bodies. In fact you'll be pressed to find a home that drinks tap water, even when boiled. Each household has a water dispenser and there's numerous water companies who deliver canisters of mountain spring water to your apartment. Also, walking off trail on the mountains, you'll often bump into small groups of seniors off to collect their own spring water.

I was never big on water as a kid but now I see it's obvious magical side.

So lately, even though it's more than triple the price of domestic snow mountain water, I've been drinking Evian and I love it. Chinese people always talk about water as being sweet etc... I never got that until switching to a quality water.

So are you conscious about the water you drink? What's your favorite brand and why?

Evian for me so far because of its fresh, sweet taste and high but not too overly alkaline ph level.

Edited by Silent Answers
  • Like 1

Most of my life, I drank fresh spring water (as in from a spring on the mountain behind my house).

I currently live in a municipality with its own high-mountain watershed & reservoir (which I sometimes filter but sometimes drink from the tap) but I also drink bottled spring water from a company in the mountains about 20 miles from home.

Outside my home, however, I tend not to be too picky (except that I bless my food and drink pretty consistently, including water...)

• Like 2

Most of my life, I drank fresh spring water (as in from a spring on the mountain behind my house).

I currently live in a municipality with its own high-mountain watershed & reservoir (which I sometimes filter but sometimes drink from the tap) but I also drink bottled spring water from a company in the mountains about 20 miles from home.

Outside my home, however, I tend not to be too picky (except that I bless my food and drink pretty consistently, including water...)

Wow, wish I would have been more aware of water's benefits throughout my youth. Yours sounds ideal. I'm also into blessing.

• Like 1

Wow, wish I would have been more aware of water's benefits throughout my youth. Yours sounds ideal. I'm also into blessing.

I just happened to live for many years in the mountains in what had originally been a vacation cabin. Wasn't really a health-conscious choice. In fact, most of that time I would have gladly taken city water instead so I didn't have the hassles associated with a spring-fed reservoir!

Of course, I have poured huge amounts of toxins and contaminants into my body over the years, too. My filtering organs must think I'm insane...

• Like 1

I'm a bit of a water connoisseur...I have a good gravity filter at home, you couldnt pay me to drink that chlorinated garbage that comes out of the tap unfiltered.

Best water,

Never going to beat the water taken from a pool on top of an alaskan glacier. Heard the term "alive" spoken regarding water before but never experienced it until this stuff. Sweet, pleasant, energetic, something indescribable...cant even begin to compare any other water I've ever had.

I remember back in the day, when Lake Champlain was pristine, water drinkable....that was very good water. Dont need skin lotion after bathing like with the hard crap that comes out of the tap. But unfortunately the lake is long since polluted, you're askin for it if you drink that stuff these days. Wonder what they opened up in the St Lawrence, because it roughly corresponded with the lampreys showing up in the lake and attacking fish.

Max-charged bottled water at a seminar in NJ...you could still tell it was tap water, but there was a little somethin extra to it, I cant describe it. Versus...some sunlight-irradiated water Max had out on his back porch and did practices with, gave us some at that egyptian class...well that stuff had an almost golden hue to it, same energetic pep...little sweeter too...

Retail stuff,

Fiji has an interesting mineral profile to it due to the natural rock aquafier. Its expensive though.

Aquafina is a good reverse osmosis water with some tiny amount of added mineral, very clean.

Smartwater same thing but has a little bit more of a mineral profile.

Poland Spring is not too bad but nothing special.

Evian a little harder than all of the above, it reminds me of whatever nestle has for water, or did they buy evian...

• Like 3

Nestlé owns everything. Their water "brand" in the US seems to be "pure life". Everything Nestlé sells is poison.

Over here I think their water is called Aquarel.

Plastic bottles introduce hormones (bpa) to the water btw.

Our tap water here is excellent. Soft and clean, zero chemicals, wonderful stuff. Of course Germans don't trust tap water and generally only drink bottled and carbonated stuff, of which there are a plethora of brands available. But we can buy it in returnable glass bottles.

• Like 4

Our tap water here is pretty good but we still filter it for drinking.

The finest tap water in England is said to be Birmingham's.

London tap water has reputedly passed through at least six Londoners and been reprocessed prior to coming out of the tap.

They have found traces of all sorts of drugs in London water.

I begrudge paying for bottled water here in England we never heard of that when I was a kid it seems a bit of a fad and fashion to me but whatever suits anyone that's what suits them.

Over in India we had to drink bottled water as the stuff from the well was barely fit to look at let alone drink.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 3

Coconut water... n_n cuz i dont actually trust bottled varieties. (here in USA)

Yeah! Coconut water is a great alternative! Nature: A brand you can trust :P

• Like 2

Retail stuff,

Fiji has an interesting mineral profile to it due to the natural rock aquafier. Its expensive though.

Aquafina is a good reverse osmosis water with some tiny amount of added mineral, very clean.

Smartwater same thing but has a little bit more of a mineral profile.

Poland Spring is not too bad but nothing special.

Evian a little harder than all of the above, it reminds me of whatever nestle has for water, or did they buy evian...

Great info there. I'm going to have to up my game if Evian was last on the list! Right now I'm some "Evergrande Spring Water from Long White Mountain" (Chinese domestic brand)...it's fresh, but there still something more full body - sweeter - in the Evian. I need to get me some of that glacier pool liquid :D

Nestlé owns everything. Their water "brand" in the US seems to be "pure life". Everything Nestlé sells is poison.

Over here I think their water is called Aquarel.

Plastic bottles introduce hormones (bpa) to the water btw.

Our tap water here is excellent. Soft and clean, zero chemicals, wonderful stuff. Of course Germans don't trust tap water and generally only drink bottled and carbonated stuff, of which there are a plethora of brands available. But we can buy it in returnable glass bottles.

Yeah, my wife is always warning against Nestlé because of their GMO ingredients in their products.

I was trying distilled bottle water for a while, but that has a very dry taste and like you say the plastic bottles contaminate the water - I guess more so with pure distilled.

Our tap water here is pretty good but we still filter it for drinking.

The finest tap water in England is said to be Birmingham's.

London tap water has reputedly passed through at least six Londoners and been reprocessed prior to coming out of the tap.

They have found traces of all sorts of drugs in London water.

I begrudge paying for bottled water here in England we never heard of that when I was a kid it seems a bit of a fad and fashion to me but whatever suits anyone that's what suits them.

Over in India we had to drink bottled water as the stuff from the well was barely fit to look at let alone drink.

I'm originally from London and I wisshhhhh I had been more informed on this as a kid. My mum would buy bottled water but I think most of the time I'd just go direct from the tap. Now I've got a kid of my own, you bet I'll be teaching him about the importance of water that he puts inside himself.

Talking of water its suddenly just started to POUR outside...and the sky is yellow/green :wacko:

Hmm this might not be the right section.. Anyway..

Living in China, you see how seriously here people take water. Pollution issues aside, they are very conscious about the water they put in their bodies. In fact you'll be pressed to find a home that drinks tap water, even when boiled. Each household has a water dispenser and there's numerous water companies who deliver canisters of mountain spring water to your apartment. Also, walking off trail on the mountains, you'll often bump into small groups of seniors off to collect their own spring water.

I've been to China 13 times... and almost never saw a family have water delivered... the majority don't even have this luxury and won't spend a penny for it.

Boil the tap water is good enough... and drink plenty of Bai Jiu to kill the leftover germs :D

I've been to China 13 times... and almost never saw a family have water delivered... the majority don't even have this luxury and won't spend a penny for it.

Boil the tap water is good enough... and drink plenty of Bai Jiu to kill the leftover germs :D

Which part of the country did you visit? Unless it was in the realllllly rural parts they should all have water delivery, especially in the South. Haha had a taste of Bai Jiu yeah? The smell!! Amazingly it's fading out around dinner tables now among leaders (no more expensive company dining allowed) but in the more remote villages they brew their own moonshine style rice wine.

In Guangzhou you wouldn't go a few minutes without seeing this though (especially the cig haha) :

88ee1b95b15282e4da4c219dd84cb346.jpg

Edited by Silent Answers

Tank water was always good. Back on tap water which doesn't taste as good but aussie tap water is nothing to be picky about when you consider that you never have to boil it.

• Like 3

Great info there. I'm going to have to up my game if Evian was last on the list! Right now I'm some "Evergrande Spring Water from Long White Mountain" (Chinese domestic brand)...it's fresh, but there still something more full body - sweeter - in the Evian. I need to get me some of that glacier pool liquid :D

super stuff, its just not easy to get to, or get much of ;)

glwatergood_DSC308121-11-07.jpg

• Like 2

I drink any ol water thats around , I cant taste any difference whatsoever , since Id really be tasting my own saliva anyway.

Brackish water can even be drank up to about one quarter to one third "salt" , in fact in water desparate situations one is often most distressed for lack of sufficient salts rather than the lack of 'water' per se'.

I figure the various bottled waters are ,mostly recycled filtered ozonated chlorinated septic tank water , and therefore figure at least as safe as relying on the vagaries of 'natural' supplies which can be contaminated with quite "natural' pathogens and poisons.

Walking around in real nature one should understand that the last thing you want to do is drink "natural water" you find.

I use reverse osmosis/filtered spring water, but use distilled as well and vary it up in cycles.

Nothing scientific just vary it up.

Really love to add some lemon and cucumber to the water and let that alkalize a bit.

• Like 1

I drink any ol water thats around , I cant taste any difference whatsoever , since Id really be tasting my own saliva anyway.

Brackish water can even be drank up to about one quarter to one third "salt" , in fact in water desparate situations one is often most distressed for lack of sufficient salts rather than the lack of 'water' per se'.

I figure the various bottled waters are ,mostly recycled filtered ozonated chlorinated septic tank water , and therefore figure at least as safe as relying on the vagaries of 'natural' supplies which can be contaminated with quite "natural' pathogens and poisons.

Walking around in real nature one should understand that the last thing you want to do is drink "natural water" you find.

I'm a fan of the "water has memory" argument and so I tend to stay away from tap water etc which uses lots of chemicals to turn our waste fluids back into drinkable water.

I go for higher alkaline waters from peak altitudes where the water has had less recent contact with man and chemicals (obviously it's not possible to have completely pure natural water though). Again that's to do with water retaining a memory of what it comes into contact with. The alkalinity is also better suited for our bodies (just like fish and plants will either die or thrive according to Ph levels). All depends on your area though, your tap water could be too notch stuff.

Thunder - Do you get a dryness in your mouth with distilled water? I always seemed to.

Edited by Silent Answers

I'm a fan of the "water has memory" argument and so I tend to stay away from tap water etc which uses lots of chemicals to turn our waste fluids back into drinkable water.

I go for higher alkaline waters from peak altitudes where the water has had less recent contact with man and chemicals (obviously it's not possible to have completely pure natural water though). Again that's to do with water retaining a memory of what it comes into contact with. The alkalinity is also better suited for our bodies (just like fish and plants will either die or thrive according to Ph levels). All depends on your area though, your tap water could be too notch stuff.

Thunder - Do you get a dryness in your mouth with distilled water? I always seemed to.

If water has a memory, its memory goes back before the formation of the earth itself.

A chemical or toxin remains, it is present , and if it doesnt , it isnt ,,I like the simplicity of these ideas, they simplify me. ( rather than my water)

The water is whatever it is.

I grew up in NYC where the water is reputed to be good, coming from the Adirondacks, now in Florida , much of the water is recycled on a much shorter term basis. The various cleansing techniques all have there strengths and flaws, in the earth the water may pass through a radioactive sulfurous high heavy metal content bed of prehistoric coal , or trickle down from the bladder of a big eared bat ,through a thin bed of plain sand. Fact is , despite reputations, the glass you drink is not certain of it content from any bottler or faucet, and basing ones choice on taste can be misleading.

But regardless of that , I trust my body to handle what I provide it , so long as I give that some level of consideration..

Im not made of glass, and I dont want to foster fear by embracing what I consider extreme levels of concern in an attempt to flatter myself.

When I buy water its quite often really just for the bottle-convenience or availability, I find distilled just fine..

That all being said , if you treat yourself to a bottle of Fiji , I guess thats fine.

I just dont want to escalate fears about small things by spending undue time entertaining and condoning them.

Edited by Stosh

Haven't noticed distilled affecting me that way.

One Shaman I spoke to doesn't like distilled water as it's 'dead' to him.

For me, I like the lack of minerals in it, as it can then carry excess minerals out of the system as it passes through the body.

Side note: I also charge our water with sunlight and each 5 gallon bottle gets tuned with music tuned to Solfeggio Harmonics before we use it.

I use reverse osmosis water (buy it from a local chain stores) and then I mineralize it back with sea salt (forget the name. This is liquid solution from clean sea salt deposits not subject to pollution or so they claim).

Drinking just reverse osmosis or distilled water is actually dangerous because you wouldn't get all those minerals that naturally occur in springs or otherwise traditional water. If you think it further, the problem of soil depletion of vital minerals is a real issue. Because they grow all those vegetables (and by extension meat as well) on the same soil by adding standard fertilizers that lack richness of natural soil. The same with water. A good multivitamin might help or might not because nobody really knows how those minerals get absorbed in the body.

Im guessing one would get more minerals from a french-fry then a gallon of water.

( and the fats would help solublize them for absorbtion)

Sign in to follow this