MooNiNite

restoring eye sight

anyone have any tips? or try any methods?

doctors are beginning to learn that bad eye sight actually has to do with the mind and stress.

Bates suggests relaxation methods to improve eyesight. He also notes that glasses and contacts create strain and actually make the vision worse. i think we all knew that intuitively.

I'm thinking I taper down my glasses prescription (20% at a time) and in combination with meditation get some results.

Edited by MooNiNite
  • Like 1

A Qigong Method:

After doing qigong, when a person feels the qi and heat buildup, he/she can rub the hands together vigorously and SLOWLY approach the open eyes to within an inch or so with the open palm facing the eyes and laogong lined up with eyeball. Slowly move hands back and forth several times. Repeat for total of 3 times. Briefly, using thumbs, touch and gently stimulate all the acupoints surrounding eyes. Vigorously wash face with hands afterwards. A good thing to do at this point is the complete self-massage I list in my book. If a person doesn't have that then a self massage starting at the face washing then move all the way down to feet.

• Like 10

I tried many times and with different approaches, but it seems that there's no way to heal myopia.

No qigong, no ayahuasca, no meditation... nothing.

Actually, it's funny when you see qigong masters teaching how to gather the mighty QI from the planets, to project healing energies, to speak with ghosts, to see the auras and such... but none fo them know how to threat baldness and myopia :D

I think it's a problem related with strain as Dr. Bates teach, but I think that one should take a six months retreat of countinuos sky-gazing for healing.

Bates' exercises didn't worked for me.

Edited by DAO rain TAO
  • Like 2

My eyesight had been getting steadily worse and I was getting a new prescription first every two years and then each year -- until I started practicing qigong.

Not only have my eyes stopped deteriorating but I actually find I don't need my glasses all the time anymore.

Can't say for certain that it was causative but it sure seems like a heck of a coincidence.

• Like 2

Years ago, I took a week-long residential Shiatsu workshop at an ashram in India. A week of trading shiatsu treatments, doing extremely physical meditations (read that standing in pools of sweat), no books, no talking, sleeping in a huge room together, laughing our asses off first thing in the morning as a meditation, no caffeine (arghh!), no sugar (double arghh!), a skimpy veg diet (I was so HUNGRY!).

I never wore glasses or contacts in India, and was pretty nearsighted, so, at my favorite cafe, I'd have to go up and stand right in front of the giant menu banner to order.

When I got out of that workshop, I could read the entire menu from the back of the cafe. Every word. Three days back on sweet chai and my regular diet, no shiatsu treatments, only one active mediation a day, and back in the "stress" and drama of the ashram... and my eyesight drifted back to its pre-workshop state. Ten days later, I was back to ordering from right in front of the banner.

• Like 4

Alex Fraunfeld,

Power Vision System.

Need to have time to do those exercise though.

nearsightedness and farsightedness is more of a function of adaptation, rather than health problem.

• Like 1

Actually, it's funny when you see qigong masters teaching how to gather the mighty QI from the planets, to project healing energies, to speak with ghosts, to see the auras and such... but none fo them know how to threat baldness and myopia :D

That's right, for the most part. And, with western medicine knowing how to do amazing surgeries and treat myriad problems, the same thing can be said. Just one of those things that simply IS. I have seen clinical qigong responses with near-nearsightedness but not with all cases.

In terms of self-qigong practice, I know I can tell a huge difference if I practice a lot versus if I don't. The difference is wearing glasses versus not needing them. My wife will look at me driving and ask where are my glasses. I tell her I don't know but can she please tell me what lane I am in. Ha Ha

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 7

Ya Mu - sounds like a wonderful exercise. I'm going to work on that one.

A few years back I read an article in a magazine that talked about putting pieces of black paper over the lenses of glasses, and putting a pin prick in the middle, where your vision would be. Then, I guess you just go around the house for an hour or so with these pinpricked glasses on. I keep meaning to try this - my vision is getting worse and worse too and i just hate wearing glasses, and I've never been able to tolerate contacts. But this pinprick method does make a little sense to me, like "training" the eye muscles back to a more focused vision, where it used to be.

Now, on a more metaphysical vein - maybe those of us who appreciate the concept of Oneness are the ones who find their eyesight getting worse. Like.....it's all running into all One? at least it makes us feel a bit better.. :)

I can just about justify anything, lol.

We have another qigong method that utilizes that same concept; takes the fourier transform of the light coming in.

Look up 'pinhole glasses'.

here's what they look like

Further qigong - holding the hands in front of the closed eyes as ya mu says, start circling the hands, very tiny circles at first, but let them grow larger, spiraling outward until you're circling roughly from the hairline (or where it used to be, haha) to the mouth.

All the while, follow the hands with the eyes, as passively as possible. It should feel like the hands (Laogongs) are gently pulling the eyes through magnetic force.

Once you reach the outer most limit of the spiral, reverse direction and spiral inward. Eyes remain closed the whole time.

During this whole time, the spiraling motions, keep the face relaxed, the eyes closed and relaxed, and play with the distance hands-to-eyes to find your sweet spot.

When you get to the center of the circling, really tiny circles, come to rest, lay the hands over the closed eyes, relax a bit.

Now turn on your ears and listen intently to your surroundings. Maybe 1, 2 or 3 minutes.

Return attention quickly to the eyes (you may feel a rush of energy, whooosh, which would be good)

Now "look" actively through the eyelids and hands (which are still covering the eyes) and try to see what's in front of you. Form an active, vibrant image of what's really there in front of you. Look for details, colors, light and shadow etc. Make the image as realistic and detailed as possible.

When you're ready, open the eyes behind the hands. Note that it got a little lighter.

Draw the hands apart, slowly allowing the external vision to meld with the internal pictures.

Like looking at the world for the first time. All fresh and and beautiful. Enjoy :-)

It's a good way to end an Qigong session.

Don't hang up on the idea of 'fixing' the eyesight. The less you try to force it, the more effective it'll be.

I went from about -4.5 to -2 with techniques like this, but admittedly with quite a few other things. And then I got Lasic, lol (but for a different reason).

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 4

anyone have any tips? or try any methods?

doctors are beginning to learn that bad eye sight actually has to do with the mind and stress.

Bates suggests relaxation methods to improve eyesight. He also notes that glasses and contacts create strain and actually make the vision worse. i think we all knew that intuitively.

I'm thinking I taper down my glasses prescription (20% at a time) and in combination with meditation get some results.

This is a difficult topic.

One of thing is eyes and muscle tension in the body can influence each other.

Bates is a topic one has to go to the original ideas.

Nowaday people using palming without knowing what to do exactly.

The other problem is the use of artifical light and the screen which is stressing the eyes.

A good thing to use is yellow glasses to filter the blue after 21:00 when the Melatonin starts to rise,

I find that the sight is less blurry if I do use, as well no metal frame as it seem affect the brain

it reduce also sleepyness and gives deeper sleep but : do not eat heavy meals, I expirience awful digestion.

Next is about sunlight. One like to expose to it and relax eyes and face and close the eyes and not press

and tight the eyes as normaly people do. Try to look more near to the sun. Naturally the eyes are close to

a certain degree. Doing palming arcording Bates work best after the sun which one have to see for the comfortable

level.

Another thing is in Qigong Methods.

I found Wu's Eye Qigong being a good method.

Follow Ya Mu's advice there is a personal temporary variation I found with time of practise is if you can feel the eyes radiance.

The eyes emit Qi and people with Myopia (I do have slightly, would be good if I stop going late to bed)

do have short distance.

One put the hands in the distance "on" the eye ray

It is the same play as if one do with a Qi Ball but taking the Qi of the hands to the skin,

(because your own hand fields emits a own field which would give a higher range but one seek in inches and cm.

And when one found the distance where it the eye "rays" stop on put this hand on the eye ray.

From this one move back and forth but stop to hold the qi at the skin of the palm to let the qi flow naturally

Move forward as far you can feel the repulsion and connection and go back while try to feel the tension and then relax the eyes in the process. Initally its only some half inches or a wobble.

Try to enlarge the distance over time, at time one feel the eyefield "stiff" "unmoveable", try also to feel the quality.

If its sticky, cloudy or feel else uncomfortable one has to draw the "Sick Qi" out.

It is you dont want cloud your vision and decision by looking through Sick Qi or emit it by looking on something,

which is I doubt with short sight vision.... but well others are looking into your eyes with normal sight.

I expirience it works best before sleep and I wake up with less tension in the eyes, also I see more clear

It is to mention this only a temporary method for a time being until one has reach a arm length

then one switch back to normal formular as it does not matter what distance and best without observing

but just doing it as it original was given.

• Like 4

my theory is that if i become enlightened or awakened, i can taper down my glasses and improve my eye sight naturally. the idea is that i will be free from stress and actually start "looking" at what i'm seeing, so as to be in a natural state of constantly training my vision. I think most people develope poor eye sight because they stop actually seeing with their eyes but start using their mind too much.

bad eye sight could then be related to an actually poor vision of the spirit itself. master the mind and we bein to see and improve our vision.

just theory.

thanks for all the awesome input so far!

i will try these exercises!

Edited by MooNiNite

its amazing how not wearing glasses and relying on natural vision actually relaxes the body and helps people become in control of their mind during daily lives.

I think poor vision could be natures way of helping people let go of attachments.

• Like 2

my theory is that if i become enlightened or awakened, i can taper down my glasses and improve my eye sight naturally.

This is my theory too, but it seems to be working in the reverse, lol.

When I'm about to do a healing ceremony on someone, I have them relax as much as they can, even if standing. I mention all parts of the body to them, to disengage muscles the best they can so that there are no knots of muscle where energy will get stuck. The last thing I have them relax is the eyes, because it seems to be the most subtle of the clenched muscles. To finally relax the eye muscles can be a bit of a revelation to one who hasn't done it before, consciously.

Palms over open eyes will work.

A person that is well aquatinted with certain energy circuitry can hold the base of someones head firmly with the palm chakra centered at the nub there while applying very firm pressure with the thumb to the area between the brows and move energy through this area. It will be very discombobulating to the patient but within several hours the effect can be absolutely incredible.

Qi Gong has effected my eyes for the better and I also dropped my life with sunglasses - they used to be attached to me at all times.

Basically the same experience Brian mentioned.

Ya Mu's recommendation works well - the pressure points can bring tired, painful and or lazy eyes back into focus quickly and over time the palming has noticeable effect as well.

Vitamin supplements can have very big effects as well as an increase in water intake - particularly in the morning.

I noticed many years ago that coffee can have a very negative effect upon sight - a triple shot will make my reading glasses worthless.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

Interesting on the coffee thing, Spotless.

And the sunglasses thing. It occurred to me last year that I wasn't born with sunglasses on, why did I need them now? I've pretty much stopped wearing them, and in fact encouraged the sun to come into my eyes (from an angle, like while driving, etc) because we are indeed part of the sun and it just shouldn't be toxic to us!

When you speak of supplements, are you speaking lutein?

• Like 1

At times I have taken general supplements with names like Eye Bright and Trader Joes stuff - the effects were sometimes very obvious.

One may have a perfect eyesight and yet not see a thing mainly cause they are too busy looking to see what they seek to see .... funny thing, they may see things in what is not there because of the same reason ... LOL

Bows

:)

• Like 1

Found this here: http://www.springforestqigong.com/index.php/master-chunyi-lin/ask-master-lin-archive#201204

'If we have vision problems, what can we do to heal in order to completely eliminate glasses?

Balance your liver energy. Seven Steps of New Life is a wonderful meditation for the liver. Make sure your neck spine is clear by doing the neck circles from Harvesting the Qi exercises. You can also cup the base of your head.

I also recommend the technique from the Level II manual encouraging you to visualize each of your eyes as a beautiful, bright full moon while you use the sword finger to draw round circles with the message that your eyesight is perfect, you are completely healed.

Finally, find two to five minutes, a couple times a day and rub your hands until they are very warm, then place your cupped palms over your eyes, and feel the warm, relaxing energy being sent deep into the eyes. Let your hands stay over your eyes for 1-2 minutes.'

Hope it has some use.

• Like 2

I have been interested in this topic..

I visited the website http://www.iblindness.org

There are some successful cases there. http://www.iblindness.org/forum/forum-success-stories

At least it is claimed. They used these method...

Mathods used, reading small print and moving the monitor a little further weekly

swinging 120 3x a day - Bates method

shifting - moving attention among letters

reading small print and spaces between them. Reading spaces seem to be relaxing

David's method....how you use your attention while you see , affects your eyesight.

There was one case who improved his eyesight by recalling a shocking event in his life, he managed to process it, I guess.

On Some website, Nancy, she claims her students doing energetic work improved her students eyesight

Somebody claimed he pretends to see well, then he sees well.

In another website.

A woman used bates method, hot towel to relax her eyes, she allowed herself to see, she wrote me.

http://www.warriormatrix.com/viewtopic.php?t=7589&highlight=bates

That implies those who cannot see well, do not want to see things .

Then there is website where special chi kong are said to improve eyesight.

These are Xiang Chi Kung :http://www.qigongchinesehealth.com/fragrant_qigong. It improved eyesight in some cases.

Then there is Sight Improving Chikong http://www.qigongchinesehealth.com/sight_improving_qigong

There are miraculous cases there, blind started to see

And there is reflexology ,messaging certain points on the feet, the practitioner improves her eyesight by 0.5D a year using it. See http://www.chinesefootreflexology.com/2014amazingvision/

Pomegranate seems to improve eyesight a little bit.

Other site claims , walking in sand can improve eyesight very fast.

Edited by centertime
  • Like 2

Great thread. Enjoyed all the contributions.

However, for those who find that "nothing works," here's a consolation prize:

I've read (in an esoteric Rosicrucian astrological manual) that people with imperfect physical sight are more likely, though not guaranteed, to have other kinds of sight at a level above average. This is illustrated with case histories. Apparently the higher, written-in-the-stars, reasons why one's physical sight may be imperfect determine whether it's a sign of one's higher, average, or lower "spiritual" capacity. Some are blinded by the light, so to speak... :)

I (e.g.) have, from the Western astrological perspective, so much Sun blasting my sight that it can't possibly be perfect in the physical realm... but there's a chance I can see differently/elsewhere if I'm good. :D (From the Chinese astrological perspective, I've Fire Excess, something to learn to handle -- in everyday life and in alchemical work. So, the "sunning" practices, candle-gazing, etc., are likely to work better for someone whose problem is, astrologically, his or her position "too far" from the sun and too low on Fire, but in my case, as usual, Endarkenment is the ticket. :) )

• Like 1