Sign in to follow this  
sirius

The special scent - what is it?

hello to all you bums out there!

i was lucky to get an introduction into a special daoist meditation. the aim was to work with the heart and the shen energy. in one part of the meditation we received a little wooden ball which had been prepared with a very intense, sweet scent. i had thei Impression that it was a mixture of different fragrances: a little bit of apple blossom, a little bit of camphor and something else, which i couldn`identify. maybe i`m completely wrong. can anybody help me to find out more about this scent? thank you!

the special scent you say...hmm, let me refer to my I Ching Tarot hybrid, its in czcheckyosaliva'n so the transfellation may be somewhat slurred, inSPITe of what u may or may not inTURNpit, consider all grains of salt in rice padding. it is the pseudo-odious smell of the body's pheromones and aroma-stink produced in its most natural and detoxified when the golden elixir of the immoral fetus has permeated the physical shell manifestation of the asstroll body following the 40 day full lotus moon fast

thank you all for your answers!

it was nor sandalwood nor patchouli. i know both fragrances very well - so i should be able to reckognize them.

maybe i should ask my question in a different way: what kind of scent is connected with the middle dantian?

Can you email the folks who led the meditation and ask? Sounds like they used essential oils (or incense) to scent the ball. Neat idea :). The ball could also be made out of aloeswood, but only if the meditation session cost a few hundred $$ extra.

thank you all for your answers!

it was nor sandalwood nor patchouli. i know both fragrances very well - so i should be able to reckognize them.

maybe i should ask my question in a different way: what kind of scent is connected with the middle dantian?

Lilies

( apparently)....

"Hail, Sovereign Lady, lily whose sweet scent perfumes the faithful; fragrant incense and myrrh of great price."

( Hesychast Mantra)

Edited by GrandmasterP

thank you grandmaster p!

maybe there was some lily fragrance in it, yes, possibly. that`s a good ides!

and the idea to get in contact with the guy who guided the meditation and to ask him is even better! and maybe soaring crane knows something about it - he was at the workshop, too (i suppose).

many blessings!

No problemo.

I'd remembered reading something about it a while ago.

Those old hesychasts were Christian Orthodox hermits who quite likely got the hermit/ meditation idea from a travelling Buddhist.

They're still around, use a breathing cultivation using a cord knotted mala and in their tradition if someone is especially in the zone they smell of lilies even long after death.

The original 'odour of sanctity'.

Edited by GrandmasterP

The connection between the toxicity of lillies , seems like it would preclude its use in some venues as a 'positive association' , ,wouldnt it?

Sign in to follow this