Sign in to follow this  
witch

Cultivation question

The first step to wisdom is knowing what you don't know, and I don't know a helluva lot! I'm getting questions from a member here new to taoist practice who is on my diet and now doesn't know what to do with all the extra yang energy. It's easy enough to cultivate when a man is on a vegan diet and having to hoard scarce resources; what does a man do when he's got too much and doesn't feel depleted after ejaculation?

I was asked how I handle it, but it's different for women. I just orgasm. I can orgasm just from flexing my muscles and it doesn't show. I also take care of myself three or four times a day--I'm fast, so it's no big deal. Helps with the libido, however neither of those depletes the extra energy, but I also have heart chakra orgasms or ejaculate, both very effective at venting it.

Any advice for the man? Maybe Yoda? I know you are already on the thing.

Or more importantly, links to threads already discussing this, with tips?

The first step to wisdom is knowing what you don't know, and I don't know a helluva lot! I'm getting questions from a member here new to taoist practice who is on my diet and now doesn't know what to do with all the extra yang energy. It's easy enough to cultivate when a man is on a vegan diet and having to hoard scarce resources; what does a man do when he's got too much and doesn't feel depleted after ejaculation?

I was asked how I handle it, but it's different for women. I just orgasm. I can orgasm just from flexing my muscles and it doesn't show. I also take care of myself three or four times a day--I'm fast, so it's no big deal. Helps with the libido, however neither of those depletes the extra energy, but I also have heart chakra orgasms or ejaculate, both very effective at venting it.

Any advice for the man? Maybe Yoda? I know you are already on the thing.

Or more importantly, links to threads already discussing this, with tips?

If this extra yang energy is keeping him up at night, or is causing excess sexual frustrations, if it pushes him into manic territory which too much yang can and will do... extracting, refining, distilling, and storing this energy is usually the best bet.

He should focus on extracting the sexual energy pent up in the genital chakra, collect it into a blue ball (haha no pun intended) of energy and most importantly FEEL it circulating in a microcosmic orbit.

His intention should be on purifying and refining it distilling it to its most pure and basic form, then it is stored in the naval chakra or dan tien.

Repeat several cycles of this until all the energy in the genital chakra is removed and stored in the naval chakra. I would advise against using the heart or third eye charkras as storage centers as this can result in emotional/mental stability issues.

The most important factor in energy work is the depth of your trance, ideally before beginning energy work your physical body should be asleep, any attempt at moving would feel like you were drunk and wearing heavy weights. This would be a key indication he is in the zone most conducive to energy work.

Also fast at least 2 meals prior to attempting energy work, only water or tea for fluids. Eating before energy work is like filling yourself completely full of food before a triathlon.

The next biggest factor is to feel the flow of energy before you visualize it. Feeling it is vastly more important, than visualizing it.

Also if none of this helps perhaps he should do some grounding work, get into the shower and use 1/2 cold and 1/2 hot water for a luke warm shower. Meditate like this for as long as possible, focusing on releasing this excess energy into the water and letting it carry it away.

Also eating heavy meals have a grounding effect, and sleeping too. Sedatives like passion flower, chamomile tea and melatonin may be of use.

Edited by mwight

Open the channels and circulate daily w/ natural cycles. Increase the alkalinity of your body. Practice cultivation specific exercises such as tai chi, chi gung, and internal gung fu. Learn the peaks and troughs or your cycles, when to ride and when to rest... when to hold em and when to fold em.

Spectrum

... new to taoist practice who is on my diet and now doesn't know what to do with all the extra yang energy. ... what does a man do when he's got too much ...

Damn!, I can't go to sleep without answering this...

The fulcrum here is balance, aka harmony. If you look at jing gong (sexual energy cultivation), you might look at it in three levels:

1. Healing jing gong

2. Healthy jing gong

3. Advanced "

Way outa balance is 1, 2 is more in balance, and three is actually advanced (it's dangerous and not many people actually do it well). Some people are really apt with qi & jing gong; you give them a few decent methods and bing-bang-boom - all of a sudden they're off in a cave living off of sunlight. Most people, however, budge very little from the given predelictions, and the jing gong - at best - can help smooth out their own rough edges a big, learn to sort of trim the sail and ride the waves better. Just as often (more often, actually) people choose methods that are incorrect from them, plus the principles are poorly understood in popular Taoism. In short, it's a mess.

So, the first thing to say is that if the guy doesn't relatively quickly come into some sort of hormonal balance & harmony through adjustments in lifestyle, and a little qi gong, then drop the special diet. So, there's a risk of imbalance, and all the jing gong isn't as neat and easy as it's marketed to be.

However, it's true, there is opportunity - in that if he is able to turn it into balanced healthy fuel, and toward whatever life works for him... way cool, more power to him.

First things I'd recommend to read are:

- Dangers

- Dealing with the Force

- Sacral Pulsing

- Some sort of meditation

Trunk

All energy is a gift to us regardless of how we recieve or cultivate it.The sun shines and ask nothing from us,the rain falls and flows for all the earth to use.If you friend finds he has excess of energy sexual or otherwise he is in the unique position to replicate the sun and rain.If he is feeling pent up simple acts of charity can go a long way in helping the energy move more smoothly.The wonderful realisation is by giving we are no poorer but quite the opposite.

"what does a man do when he's got too much and doesn't feel depleted after ejaculation?"

simple.....work out - strength training/running

simple.....work out - strength training/running

Yes! the most immediate thing you can do is excersise. And if he's feeling energetic and strong, that's the best place to start. He can tailor his workouts to do drills that open up the spine and front channels (eg. back bridge) and work the pelvis. I personally recomend Sonnon's stuff (flowfit and intuflow) - I find it the most appropriate sort of modern physical excersise for cultivators.

Later he might like to start circulating the energy, although it will naturally circulate to a certain extent with a good excersise routine.

Oh, so that's how you use a kettleball! :D Hopefully the young man will find all this helpful! I feel lucky being a woman, don't have to worry about all that.

Shifu (Miss) Lily Siou Ph.D. teaches chi gung in Hawaii. She in an inheritor of the Dragon Tiger Mt. lineage.

She teaches women to slow down and stop their cycles to improve their health and for spiritual cultivation. No matter who you are when you feel pent up you need release valves. Relax, have fun, don't take enlightenment seriously, it's a joke.

Spectrum

Edited by Spectrum

Now that I have a hard time believing, that stopping one's menstrual cycle is good for health. The only way I could see that is if a person is in danger of malnutrition, particularly iron deficiency, but that's not a danger in this day and age.

I know a bit about this. Heck, women who have gone through menopause see improved health by taking bioidentical hormones cycled to bring on a "period." Menstruation helps cleanse the body.

Maybe spiritually it does something?

Great thread everyone!! I'd agree with Trunk... try all the suggestions in this thread, etc but if you are still having difficulties adjusting, back off on the diet a bit. Witch has done a great job showing which foods are the gas and which are the brakes. Presumably, over time, one can gradually phase in her suggestions as desired.

Also, I can imagine that there are situations that a celibacy enhancing diet is more optimal too and these influences can be modified day to day and even hour to hour too.

Yoda

Now that I have a hard time believing, that stopping one's menstrual cycle is good for health. The only way I could see that is if a person is in danger of malnutrition, particularly iron deficiency, but that's not a danger in this day and age.

I know a bit about this. Heck, women who have gone through menopause see improved health by taking bioidentical hormones cycled to bring on a "period." Menstruation helps cleanse the body.

Maybe spiritually it does something?

Think of it this way. No other primate female loses blood in this fashion. Taoist alchemy recaptures some earlier developmental stages both philogenically and onthogenically, i.e. both on the level of the individual and on the level of the species. On the level of the individual, one can expect rejuvenation; on the level of the species, one can expect to unblock some earlier genetic memories in the body. An alchemical woman doesn't just modify her body -- she modifies her species-specific jing, the past of all humanity. Stopping her periods is a step in this process, because menstruation is a stepping stone in her way that has "ordinary human" written all over it, a stepping stone that turns into a stumbling block that needs to be removed from the road that leads past an ordinary human. Interestingly though, in female alchemy, instructions are given to older women who have stopped menstruating to first restore the flow via practice, and then stop it once again via practice, instead of just letting it run out of steam due to aging. Again, that's because one is supposed to keep moving back in time in the alchemical process.

Bioidentical hormones (a sales label, not an accurate description of their chemical and biophysical sturcture) can perhaps restore the period, but in doing so out of the context of the overall rejuvenation of the whole system, ultimately harm rather than benefit the woman's health. E.g., the liver, which is the main player in removing promptly all the highly toxic metabolites of hormonal reactions in the body, is still an aged liver, and if an older woman munches on xenoestrogens to "restore" her cycles, it is taxed with doing the work of a young liver -- which, a few years down the road, will prove to be too much.

Hm. Primates also have much smaller penises! Older isn't always better. :lol:

I'm not talking about synthetic hormones like Premarin, I am talking about bioidentical hormones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioidentical_...acement_therapy

What I know about non-human primate menstruation can be fit on the head of a pin, but a quick googling seems to indicate other primates do overtly menstruate:

http://www.kband.com/reports/000116.html

The penis and ball size of a bonobo would impress even a jaded critic and is larger than humans, but I forget if that's absolute or scaled against overall body size. As a guy, I make it a point knowing where I stand in the animal kingdom. :)

I knew bonobos had huge balls--didn't know about penis length however! Definitely proportional though! :lol:

I knew bonobos had huge balls--didn't know about penis length however! Definitely proportional though! :lol:

Butterflies have light receptors in their genitals -- a scientific fact. Now a real man emits light too when making love --

and a real woman has receptors for that.

"Real" in taoist literature means "of old," "the way we were before tao in the human world got destroyed." (Don't tell me it didn't get destroyed, all taoist classics say it did, and I have to agree because I can see it everywhere. One needs ideological blinders of some sort so as not to notice. "Awakening" would have to start with doing without.)

Of course it's easier to compare sizes than feelings. My experience is humble compared to that of many other women (I married early, plus I'm extremely, extremely picky), but I haven't discovered a direct link between the size of the equipment and the light-emitting ability of a male. It's something else...

mrs. x has achieved 8-9 week menstrual cycles over many cycles many times in her OKF practice. Highly recommended. And a lovely explanation of the benefits of said practice meow, equivalent to the benefits to a man from SKF practice.

Nothing to add regarding the young man's dilemma. Excellent and complete replies have been supplied.

Hair!?

or pores more precisely. I have quite sensitive skin (in terms of sensing things - nothing to do with alergies) - I believe it's my skin that allows me to feel when someone puts their attention on me while i cant see them. (usefull for noticing when a girl is checking you out B) ) Anyhoo... I had an experience when after a good stretch of qi gong and meditation I had the 'skin breathing' effect - very palpable - on the street I would get a lot of 'looks' (in London people normally avoid eachother lol)... My girlfriend at the time was also checking me out in a lusty sort of way - having sex that night was great - I had waves of energy pulsing through my skin, and it felt very much like it was coming through the physical pores... she could even see my skin goose pimpling in waves. we tried a few things as it was quite a novelty - she would hold her hand above my arm, and as the wave moved under her hand (you could see the hairs on my arm doing a kind of mexican wave) she would get a pleasurable shiver up her arm and down her spine.

When something similar (not quite as intense) happend with my current girlfriend, her hands and arms seized up - she couldn't move them at all - it was actually quite scary, I thought she was having an epileptic seizure or something. Anyway - that passed...

I've never had it happen as intensely and palpably as the first time though...

Thanks for sharing, Freeform,

that's the kind of stories I like to hear. Stories of quality, not quantity...

...because the largest quantity of orgasms in a unit of time was what I observed in the Bronx zoo, among the resident monkeys, who use sex as a painkiller pretty much nonstop (well, because they're locked up in a cage... they don't do it anywhere near as much in nature... like, a hundred times less, or less).

I know what you're talking about -- I've had these waves on my skin and hair (and obviously I don't have a lot of bodily hair :D -- so again it's not quantity that matters) after the first physical contact (not sex yet, sex was off limits at that time...) with a man I was in love with. These waves of goosebumps lasted for three days nonstop, and for another week on and off, and also every time I remember how it felt -- even now, ten years later! I think the secret of super-intensified, super-amplified everything -- all physical sensations, emotions, all interactions -- was in our positively scary level of physical compatibility -- we pretty much looked like some Fibonacci sequence for a male-female transition, all proportions an exact golden-ratio match -- from height and weight to the length of the foot, the inverse hip to waist ratios, the length of each finger joint, and so on. Pheromones were in on it too, sound effects too (e.g., I learned how to sing via harmonizing my voice with his, I was exceptionally clueless about singing before, and spontaneously much, much better at it ever after) -- so... everything -- it was just some biological jackpot.

I believe when people had their senses about them, when they weren't swimming in a chemical and electromagnetic soup that confuses them so badly, that's how they found their perfect partners ziran. Naturally and spontaneously.

Yeah. Our minds were one hundred percent incompatible though. Go figure.

I don't know about this. The healthiest menstrual cycle is generally considered one the same length as the lunar cycle. Being a witch, I try to get mine in sync with the moon, using similar evening lighting, although lately I've been too busy.

I was joking about penis size. If you only knew my backhistory on that particular topic! Although I will confess since I've gotten so crazily cul de sac orgasmic, I do like six inches. And I doubt you would be happy sexually with a man with a 1.5 inch penis, the size of a gorilla penis.

I don't know about light, but of course I can absorb the energy from a man's orgasm, and as you say that has nothing to do with penis size. Betty Dodson's boyfriend was very good at giving that second chakra energy; each time he came it felt like a grenade going off inside me. It was unbelievable. He practiced some sort of martial arts thing to do it, I forget the name. (He was also quite hung, but that is neither here nor there! :) )

Sign in to follow this