Goldleaf

nourishing living environment?

Like another poost I saw recently,

How do you improve your living environment?

I read about orgone blankets that energised you while yuou sleep.

Why not put the blankets on all the walls of your house??!! (if you could afford to). Or something similar, is what I'd like toi do. Has anyone ever slept in a pyramid and felt energised? Or a yurt?

Besides making sure everything is natural products, and using things like indoor plants and salt lamps is there a template for an energising house?

gl

Edited by Goldleaf

First I must ask: Are you sure it is alergy based and not psychological?

Sounds like you have done about everything you can possibly do to ID the cause.

If it is an alergy then netting, covering, etc wouldn't help becuase you still would be breathing the air that is carrying the source of your problem.

I wish I could help but this is for someone more knowledgeable than I am in these matters.

Have a salt lamp for years now. We were on the market for an ioniser, and happened to hear that salt lamps claim to do the job. Sold to me by a very convincing salesperson who conveyed all the wondrous benefits (besides ionising the air) of having one. None of what was claimed has manifested, other than being a rather unique piece of lighting equipment, since no 2 lamps, in their natural shape, is exactly the same.

I think its just a gimmick, although i must say the way the lamp glows lends a very aesthetic feel to the altar where i have finally retired it to.

As for indoor plants, i have heard that not all plants will enhance the feng shui of one's living quarters. Its been said that generally, one should avoid plants with pointy leaves and prickly thorns, instead, opt for plants with broad, thick, roundy leaves. Examples of good indoor plants favoured by Chinese households are the money plant http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_plant, aloe veras, Guan-yin bamboo, and most, if not all, must have at least one or more pots of citron, kumquat or kalamansi, which is believed to have powerful protective and fortune-enhancing properties.

Another favourite decorative plant among the Chinese is the bonsai. Prosperous SE Asian tycoons value the bonsai, so much so some would pay thousands of dollars when they find a rare specimen. The most expensive bonsai tree, a 100-year old Pine, was sold in Japan for 1.3 million US dollars, while the most ever paid for a bonsai pot (yup, just the pot) is USD $150,000!!!!

The one below costs something like USD $90,000.

scube-expensive-bonsai-hp477-3.jpg

Screens on windows and doors, so you can open them wide and get fresh air. Living close to nature, so your view out of your window is green or otherwise natural, and is not a ghetto strip mall or something. Having plants indoors for the air quality.

Sunlight that comes in through big windows in the rooms you use most, especially on the East and South sides of the house (sun rises on the East which is the best type of light, and tends to shine on the South side all day in the Northern hemisphere), with white walls to reflect that light around. Could also use light colored wood flooring to reflect even more. Then your place is bright and fresh and breezy and open, which is the best for your energy...you become like those things.

Even when there's not sunlight, I think it's good to be connected to nature...for instance if you're able to listen to the rain, or breathe in the air before a storm is coming, etc.

From the feng shui I know of, they say that square or rectangular rooms are better for people than something like a pyramid or a yurt.

I personally like the ideas from recording studio acoustical design, where the walls are different ratios of each other (such as, 1 X 1.6 x 1.25). I think that if the acoustics are good, then you know it's following the natural way. Part of good acoustics is having high ceilings, basically over 12 feet...this also provides more room for a person's energy body to take up, which is much healthier than feeling boxed in all the time. Yup...I think the tiny house trend that's been growing in popularity for the past couple of years is a horrible idea. A square room has poor acoustics, and it seems to me to not feel as natural.

Living with simplicity is also good. Almost minimalism, but in a more natural way, rather than modern. When things are dirty, clean them. Have a place to store everything. Keep what you have in great condition. I think that having items which have a lot of definition and detail (for instance that bonsai tree which CT showed) can help draw the attention away from being self-absorbed, into the world. If the room is filled with books and dvds laying around, blankets strewn everywhere, ugly carpet, movie posters covering most of the walls, etc...your attention won't care about it and will be inner focused (on the monkey mind). But if the room is bright and fresh, if there are a few really interesting looking things, then you'll be more open.

• Like 2

You are the life in the environment! So if anything, its you that nourishes the living environment!

Sonds like you are doing a lot already. Every template is unique to the person. Some people will be allergic to all natural products!

Even if you are allergic to something, the treatmetn will ultimately be the same... and if you apply a different treatment, it might still work...so all good ;) (I.ie, there is no magic formula!). Go by feeling...try not thinking about the issue but seeing how it feels...

Best thing is to, one-by-one dtgermine which thing suits you best and which doesn't, it might be not-so-nice and take longer, but you will know for sure...and then in future you can know what to look for and what not to look for, and have your own template. (YOur template may even change with time).

• Like 1