Sign in to follow this  
BaguaKicksAss

Anyone know how to create a wordpress page using fancy formating in a PDF?

Going through piece by piece with just regular text to change the formatting to match the PDF would take forever! There's got to be some workaround. Also the images thing is annoying, have to save those, then upload those...

You mean export an existing pdf directly to a WP page? Without losing any formatting? And all images in place?

Good luck with that one, Dear. But I'd start by searching 'pdf export to WordPress', and then, 'convert pdf to WordPress'. But my experience with WP import/export is that it's probably easier to start from scratch.

Can you go through MS Word? First convert the pdf to docx and then import to WP? That could work. Maybe.

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 1

So WP is friendly with docx? Hmmmmm I'll try that.

I am trying to get the original file off of the person who created it, probably illustrator or some crap... I am also trying to see if they can figure out "save as html"...

You need plug-ins for WP. There are a bunch of docx import plug-ins.

Re Illustrator: Vector images aren't going work no matter what. Make sure it's all bitmap images and real text (not text converted to curves)

The person creating the PDFs has barely any computer and software knowhow, it is more like the only person who would write the newsletter sort of thing. We are all just a bunch of volunteers....

• Like 1

The person creating the PDFs has barely any computer and software knowhow, it is more like the only person who would write the newsletter sort of thing. We are all just a bunch of volunteers....

May I suggest a simple workaround until you get a better solution? On my site I use the html Iframe command to create a scrollable window for long content. Rather than trying to translate a whole PDF document to WordPress see if you can create a scrolling window for your document. It actually might work well for a newsletter. Just make it so that it only needs to scroll down, or maybe sideways,then it is fairly convenient.

Hmmmm, I might just try that out, and see what the membership thinks ;). It's a large organization, so have to run everything by the president, members, and etc. (gawd I hope we don't have to vote on it lol). Thank you for the make my life a lot easier suggestion.

Hmmmm, I might just try that out, and see what the membership thinks ;). It's a large organization, so have to run everything by the president, members, and etc. (gawd I hope we don't have to vote on it lol). Thank you for the make my life a lot easier suggestion.

You're welcome. Here is a link that I left out of the original because I was a little rushed:

Just scroll right along on eHow

Maybe if you make a 'scrolling example' it will be an easier sell.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this