Sign in to follow this  
silent thunder

I miss rain

I miss it so much, I'm considering taking a trip to experience it again.

Longest/worst drought in CA history...

I'd give a week's pay to have one long ass thunderstorm roll through.

• Like 1

Rained here for two days straight so far. I'll send you a box...

• Like 1

I am missing the rain too. It has been raining all around me but none for me.

Nature even messed with me yesterday because I waited and waited for the rain to come to me that was in the area but none came so I finally got the water hose out and started watering the gardens. As soon as I started it started sprinkling. It sprinkled the entire time I was watering but stopped when I finished watering. It never did rain, just the sprinkles.

I'm not sure either of those helped. Hehehe. Yes, I have known days when I had wished it would stop raining. (Hasn't happened recently though.)

We had a bit here in Sacramento in the last few weeks but not much. I would like more but considering that I am used to Arizona I still feel this is rather moist.

Here, May was the driest May ever on record, yesterday , on the last day of may it rained. Great! But a prize tree fern right outside the front windows seems to have carked it :(

Edited by Nungali

Personally, I like living on the edge of a temperate rain-forest. I highly recommend it.

;)

Personally, I like living on the edge of a temperate rain-forest. I highly recommend it.

;)

Asheville was the only part of North Carolina I could say I liked while I lived in the state.

Edited by GreytoWhite

I'll probably end my days in Washington state, or Oregon along the coast. Big ass redwoods singing everyday... yea!

Yes, that is a beautiful area of NA but I would get tired of all the rain and cool temperatures. The times I was stationed at Fort Lewis were enough of that area for me.

Today is supposed to be the last chance for rain for me for a few days. We'll see what happens.

Anyone who loves rain should consider Ireland as a holiday destination, or move here. Typical summer here would be one fine sunny day, 5 days rain.

The only exception was last year, where we had a stretch of almost a month of solid sunshine, with record temps! Cant remember any other summer with that sort of run.

The weather people said not to expect a repeat this year. Hmm...

Despite the abundance of water, there's gonna be a levy on water usage to be introduced before end of year. Water supply used to be free here. Wont be for much longer.

Im wondering, you guys in the US pay for water right? How much does it cost per annum? Is it metered, or do you pay a fixed price?

Im wondering, you guys in the US pay for water right? How much does it cost per annum? Is it metered, or do you pay a fixed price?

Yes, we pay for water and sewage. Here in my area the water is metered. The base charge (no usage) is $30.38 per month. Usage is tiered so that the first 6,000 gallons of water usage is $1.30 per 1,000 gallons plus $3.20 per 1,000 gallons usage for sewage. The usage between 6,000 and 12,000 gallons is almost double the first tier and the rate increases each 6,000 gallons usage.

That is why I am always looking for rain. Most of my consumption goes to the ponds and gardens. And yes, I still have to pay the sewage charge even though I'm not utilizing the sewage system for the water for the ponds and gardens. And no, they do not install deduct meters to compensate for what is used that doesn't use the sewage system.

• Like 1

I did finally get a little rain. Enough for a couple garden waterings but not enough to make a significant storage for the pond operations.

I live in the desert too, in Southern Nevada. We get 1 oe 2 thunderstorms a year if we are lucky. I miss it terribly. I used to love to watch the storms roll in from off the Great Lakes. You could enjoy their approach from miles away, tons of thunder and lightning, and the air so charged with negative ions your whole body felt so alive!! And the smell....

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this