fugue

yin/yang theory applied to motion

Raise your arm and that is yang, let it drop and that is yin. Twist your body to store energy is yang, release that is yin. Yin is always present but cannot be experienced without lessening yang. The doing of non doing is yin. The doing is yang. At least, that is how I have been thinking about it lately

Yes, that is what the movements of Tai Ji Quan are all about.

Edited by ChiDragon

Okay, good. That's Yin/Yang PROCESS.

Now how do you understand Yin/Yang STATE (?)

What sense exactly does it make to say that some state is "too" Yin or Yang (?)

Thanks . ..

Now how do you understand Yin/Yang STATE (

Thanks . ..

I am not sure that I see the difference Edited by fugue

you can't feel yang or yin alone. Sunlight itself is whatever it is but thinking in relation to moon its yang.

So when you are doing breathing exercise for example then to gather yang you need to spot the energies whats within physical breath.

Next level is you will sense reality or "I am" without any object of meditation. Reality is yin within reality is objectless or lucid reality its yang

within stillness there is movement. Emptiness is not empty are the famous quotes.

Edited by allinone

Thanks . ..

You need to understand the attributes of Yin/Yang. Let me give you two examples. Cold/Hot, Weak/Strong.

Your body temperature should be warm. If you are COLD, then, you are too YIN. If you are HOT, then you are too YANG.

If your body is restless, then you are too YANG. If your body is very weak, then, you are too YIN.

In regarding to the motions for the OP....

In the Yang(楊) style Tai Ji Quan, if the arms or legs were extended all the way, then, it would be considered too Yang(陽). If they were bent too much, then, it would be considered too Yin(陰). If the body weight was placed on the right leg, then, it is Yang. The left leg would be Yin.

Edited by ChiDragon

I'll bet yin and yang operate much as a bow and arrow. When one pulls back, the other comes down, a constant interchange.

I'll bet yin and yang operate much as a bow and arrow. When one pulls back, the other comes down, a constant interchange.

The bow itself is usually used for that example while the act of shooting the arrow is more about a ballistic motion.

• Like 2

Thanks . ..

when you need to indicate a lack of balance...

• Like 1