You wouldn't be breathing.

Actually*: Consulting my translation of the Dao De Jing, verse 69:

"Unless you tracked your belly with NASA-status titanium magnets, jugular-main-lined a bunch of reptilian overlord grade DMT-laced methamphetamines during a full-blast alpha lvl Slayer sound-tracked orgy peaking on a MDMA OD while vigorously reverse breathing in a death-lock-mudra full lotus simultaneously chanting the true name of DEATH, then you might have something to worry about..unless you performed all the aforementioned on a waterbed, in which case I barely escaped with my 2% full dan-tian, to the credit of John Chang astral projecting to my underground coven and shooting chi out of his big toe and fighting off extradimensional predators just in time for me to pray to Jesus.

^ that is how much u should listen to most of the advice on these forums, go RUN FOR YOUR LIFE

Edited by fizix
  • Like 11

lol now i feel stupid, but why would it kill me? Because i heard that if you are in total meditation and absorbing chi from the earth within three days of an ejactulation, it would tear your dantein.

Please don't listen to those fallacious stories. They are not worth to waste your time for your worries. Dan Tian is only an imaginary location on your body. For example, the lower dan tian is your abdomen. No matter what, your abdomen will not be torn if you ejaculate.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 2

Hahaha, best thread ever XD

I have no problem meditating, filling my belly and having sex in the same week.

Don't figure anything out...just feel.

If you feel ok, you're ok.

Only if you feel ok though. Not to be confused with saying you're ok to yourself when you're in agony yet leaving the house to go to work!

"Unless you tracked your belly with NASA-status titanium magnets, jugular-main-lined a bunch of reptilian overlord grade DMT-laced methamphetamines during a full-blast alpha lvl Slayer sound-tracked orgy peaking on a MDMA OD while vigorously reverse breathing in a death-lock-mudra full lotus simultaneously chanting the true name of DEATH, then you might have something to worry about..unless you performed all the aforementioned on a waterbed, in which case I barely escaped with my 2% full dan-tian, to the credit of John Chang astral projecting to my underground coven and shooting chi out of his big toe and fighting off extradimensional predators just in time for me to pray to Jesus.

^ that is how much u should listen to most of the advice on these forums, go RUN FOR YOUR LIFE

Where can I get this full DDJ translation? Such profound insights are hard to come by.

• Like 2

LMAO! Perfect response sir!

• Like 2

This is just a thing of beauty.......

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

Please don't listen to those fallacious stories. They are not worth to waste your time for your worries. Dan Tian is only an imaginary location on your body. For example, the lower dan tian is your abdomen. No matter what, your abdomen will not be torn if you ejaculate.

Not technically correct - the lower dan tian is not an imaginary location on your body and it is not "your abdomen".

If anyone wishes to argue this please use your own experience and not any quotes (if you would like a response from me).

Some would say the same is true of Chakras and they would be patently incorrect.

• Like 8

Not technically correct - the lower dan tian is not an imaginary location on your body and it is not "your abdomen".If anyone wishes to argue this please use your own experience and not any quotes (if you would like a response from me). Some would say the same is true of Chakras and they would be patently incorrect.

All is powered by mind...you have to create the visualisation to make it work ...

• Like 1

Not technically correct - the lower dan tian is not an imaginary location on your body and it is not "your abdomen". If anyone wishes to argue this please use your own experience and not any quotes (if you would like a response from me). Some would say the same is true of Chakras and they would be patently incorrect.

Sigh...!!!

One need to get the fact straight. It has to be one or the other. There is nothing in between. There is no argument about it.

Edited by ChiDragon

Not technically correct - the lower dan tian is not an imaginary location on your body and it is not "your abdomen". If anyone wishes to argue this please use your own experience and not any quotes (if you would like a response from me). Some would say the same is true of Chakras and they would be patently incorrect.

I tend towards this point of view. That the dan tian (regardless of which one of the three) are locations for energy; I sometimes prefer the idea of a 'container'. It is not physical but energetic, so there is not an exact organ to equate to (which is ok as there is no requirement that it needs to).

So for me, this holds true of the chakras as well... energy containers in certain locations. If one has ever scanned another body, it is very clear where energy stores and how it feels.

I would be interested to hear how you explain this.

• Like 5

Each of the Dantians has a connection with a certain level of reality, so if you consider that Dantian is only a location for energy or energy reservoir/container, it will be a big mistake.

Each of them is a manifestation of Mysterious Primordial (Dao) and, therefore, the understanding of the true nature and spiritual attainment of the Dantian is one of the most important moments in the practice of internal alchemy. And Qi in the dantians can help us to do it.

Edited by Vitalii
  • Like 3

lol now i feel stupid, but why would it kill me? Because i heard that if you are in total meditation and absorbing chi from the earth within three days of an ejactulation, it would tear your dantein.

What you heard was true, but I doubt most people grasp what meditation in that context is.

What most people call meditation isn't going to hurt you irregardless of if you ejaculate or not.

It would be smart to track down someone who actually knows what they are talking about, rather than listen a hundred random people on a forum who all come from different systems and have different definitions of everything.

You are just going to keep spinning your wheels here.

ldt isn't physical (most figure), but it sure can do some really physical stuff sometimes that you can feel...

I am not so sure it's a good idea to go with the group consensus.

What you heard was true, but I doubt most people grasp what meditation in that context is.

What most people call meditation isn't going to hurt you irregardless of if you ejaculate or not.

It would be smart to track down someone who actually knows what they are talking about, rather than listen a hundred random people on a forum who all come from different systems and have different definitions of everything.

Pretty good generalization.... :)

Who did you hear it from that was true....???

Can he track you down as someone who actually knows what you are talking about....???

Pretty good generalization.... :)

Who did you hear it from that was true....???

Can he track you down as someone who actually knows what you are talking about....???

I don't know if he can or not.

As to your other question that's something best discussed off site, my email is [email protected]

• Like 1

Knowing these original terms, not from a second hand source, probably would have a good idea of what dan tian(丹田) is.

1. 氣沈丹田
2. 氣聚丹田
3. 丹田呼吸
4. 腹式呼吸

When I was 14 my Lower Dan Tien (LDT) turned on - it had turned to -5 degrees and I was in danger of hypothermia - I was not wearing much, the ski area had a swing in temperature of about 30 degrees. At about the time I became very very concerned suddenly my LDT turned on and became quit hot, within just minutes my entire body was steaming from earlobes to toes. I was able to traverse through three ski lifts and get back to the lodge like this. When you add in wind factor as I was blasting down the hill with no hat on either, it was a pretty specific mechanism that was working. (I had no idea what it was at the time, but it was certainly not something I had developed in this life)

The second time the same non-imaginary LDT turned on was during a breakup with a girlfriend - the emotions were very difficult and then just a suddenly as before my lower dan Tien turned on and just started processing these waves of emotion. When I say processing it was more like they all went into the furnace.

The chakras are very much the same - though I know them with great specificity and they are in no way imaginary nor something you build after you get your body. They, like the dan tien's are as real as your liver though they actively expand and contract and more easily and vibrantly change colors.

There are also great variations in the vibrancy of the chakras between population centers, countries and races. This is true for the Dan Tien's as well. In some cases the upper chakras are quit wispy and barely visible.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 6

Knowing these original terms, not from a second hand source, probably would have a good idea of what dan tian(丹田) is.

1. 氣沈丹田

2. 氣聚丹田

3. 丹田呼吸

4. 腹式呼吸

still relying on scholarly translation as opposed to having things manifest from correct practice of fundamentals...

the moon is white

or maybe gray, depending on the angle

its got bumps on it

sometimes, you can see a face if you squint right.

aint it grand? :lol:

• Like 3

still relying on scholarly translation as opposed to having things manifest from correct practice of fundamentals...

the moon is white

or maybe gray, depending on the angle

its got bumps on it

sometimes, you can see a face if you squint right.

aint it grand? :lol:

Or a rabbit...

• Like 2

You have just spoken as if your are the person we might turn to for an explanation of this " truth" so it seems we do not need to "track down" someone as you are already here.

Please elucidate if you would on the original supposition.

I can see the possibility of its truth but in the context of the original poster damage appears far fetched.

Please take your time and clarify, I understand that certain levels of earth energy can have an effect of making energy systems more rigid within the body and so certain actions might not be best at those times, but if the techniques are done correctly one would not bring that much earth energy into the body in the first place. Generally no more than 2% and this is getting into the pretty rarified practice stuff at this point.

Some earth energy practices are not good for most human bodies, only for a certain few. Many translations of earth energy practices neglect to inform the reader of just how small a fraction should be brought in because either the translator or the teacher was clueless or not a particularly good technical teacher - or the teaching was leaked incorrectly to outsiders not aware of the finer high teaching, or for other reasons.

For the most part, people bringing in earth energy do not bring in more than their body can handle because they lack the concentration to do so - and this is more true of those typically bringing in the earth energy as they are usually more into vision.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 4