Sign in to follow this  
GrandmasterP

Seaside here we come

Off to a cabin by the sea early tomorrow morning.

No phone, no electricity, no internet.

Lots of books packed along with the essentials ( in no particular order)

Kite.

Surf Board.

Dog food.

Frisbees.

People food.

Sun cream ( I am an optimist).

Rainwear ( Mrs GMP is a realist).

Be good guys and I'll see you all in a week's time.

:)

• Like 11

And you behave yourself as well !

image_a_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

IN the good old days bathing suits came with a hand crank. On would have to manually start them up. Nowadays, thanks to the Inteligencia de la Policía Federal Argentina, they come equipped with an electrical battery (before that it was physical battery).

(Is that Gomez Addams' brother ? )

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Sun , sea and sandwiches plus a potential seaside bolt hole.

Calling any bums over on the eastern seaboard of the USA.

If you spot a large red box kite on the beach, it's mine.

You can keep it.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

Hey Marblehead ... why cant you ever starve in a desert ?

Because of all the sand which is there .... yuk yuk yuk :rolleyes:

I went to the beach the other day and it was covered with a recent layer of light floating pumice type stuff. I heard that a few days before Darwin airport was closed from a volcano going off in Indonesia ... I suppose thats where it came from. Pretty cool standing on a beach in east Oz and picking up a rock that came from deep underground in Indonesia days previous. (Well, I guess so, I dont know were else it could have come from ... there was HEAPS of it .)

• Like 2

Belly laughs.

If I remember correctly Wellington (?) is sitting right on top of a hot spot and the geologists say that one day it is going to go "Boom".

Also, if I remember correctly, the land of Oz is a pretty volcanic place. (Plate tectonics?)

I have one piece of pumice and one piece of obsidian in my rock collection. They both came from Western US.

• Like 1

I was walking down the street in Rotorua (perhaps this is the place if not Wellington ?) and steam came out the gutter drain and burnt my ankle. True! Then a bit further down I saw a front fence with little jets of steam squirting out around the poles where they went into the ground and then a garden with a rock feature with a little boiling mud pit :wacko: ... I nearly stepped in one once while 'tramping' there .

Rotorua ... when it last went off ... in a BIG way (it destroyed one of the old '7 wonders of the world! - The pink and grey terraces) covered the lake with glass spheres from molten obsidian flowing over a gas vent .... I saw some in the museum there ... but strangely, reference to them cant be found on the internet ??? I just tried again and got 'zorbing'

Aha ! THAT"S what Jackie Chan did in that movie !

Now THATS a beach ball !

• Like 1

It may have been Rotorua.

And I agree, thermal vents can create some really beautiful structures.

With Jackie, he may well have stayed in the ball all the way down the cliff (but I doubt it). I know I wouldn't do it.

• Like 1

Insane ! ... that would really take balls to do (oh dear :rolleyes: ... now I cant stop).

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this