kha

No thoughts

Hi,

I practiced yoga for a few years and now taoism.

After attending a taoist seminar I'm interested in methods of stopping the flow of thoughts and be completely focused on what I'm doing.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

You will be able to post freely now but before getting started we ask that you read the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and also take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ This covers all that you need be aware of when getting started.

Good luck with stopping the flow of thoughts and developing focus.

Chang.

Hi,

I practiced yoga for a few years and now taoism.

After attending a taoist seminar I'm interested in methods of stopping the flow of thoughts and be completely focused on what I'm doing.

You do not stop the flow of thoughts, they fall away as a shift takes place from dwelling in the buzz of illusion to dwelling in now.

A trust takes shape as the grips disappear as your vibration leaves focus and trusts a center-less existence.

The perception that "you are doing" hinders your wishes.

Stand like a giant in your feet and fear nothing, know nothing - breath in each moment - you are perfect

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 5

Welcome to TTB kha.

Thoughts are always there.

The 'trick'' is not to become implicated in and with thoughts when cultivating.

Just observe the thoughts as 'just thoughts' and gently return to the cultivation.

Mindfulness practice is one way to develop that facility.

There's more - and all free - info on that via the link in my sig below this post.

Other methods are available to try so you can try lots and find out which works best for you.

Hope that helps.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

I'd like to know how you got the idea that you should 'turn off the flow of thought'. It's not good advice.

The better path to pursue is the one of not-judging.

And Daoist physical exercises. Very important for understanding Dao.

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 1