DreamBliss

Some sort of snappig back, rubber band feeling while listening to the Gateway Experience

OK, so I have started listening to the Hemi-Sync Gateway Experience audios. I noticed something and i need to figure out what it is.

The audio puts you into a trance, almost falling asleep state. But I kept finding myself jerked back. Something like when you are watching a TV show and dozing off, but you wake yourself back up because you really want to see it. A feeling like that.

Is this normal? Or is it a sign of some sort of resistance? If it is a sign of some sort of resistance, how could I picture it to put into my energy transformation chest (one of the exercises)? I figured out symbols for other stuff, a big, thick, slightly battered old book of my parent's beliefs, mindsets and beliefs, a cross for my former Christian religion and any lingering beliefs there, a belt for any idea of judgment or punishment, and a magic carpet with an anchor attached for my ability to leave my body.

But this, whatever it is, I can't put y finger on it, or figure out how to picture it,m so I can put it in the chest. I would appreciate your help here! If it is a natural thing then I simply won't worry about it.

Thank you!

What is the purpose of the hemi-Sync Gateway experience? synchronizing left brain with right in some way?

Focus 10 is very deep relaxation while staying awake. What you are experiencing is just a reaction to a state you are not familiar with. Over time, that "snapping back" will no longer be an issue.

• Like 1

rails

Thank you. I assume you have used the program yourself? You speak as if from experience.

manitou

I am not entirely sure how to describe it. I am in the process of what I call one of my, "Oh Shit!" sessions. That is I throw all caution to the wind and take a jump by trying something new. Similar to the first time I smoked some marijuana. Being a Christian at the time, with loving, suffocating parents can cause you to have these sorts of feelings when you go outside the box, the comfort zone, the barriers of your religion, etc.

I am going through the Gateway Experience because, to my understanding, looking at the track listings, it's all about helping you get out of your body. To have OBEs, become what I call an, "Out of Body Explorer." But I think there is more to it than that. I am still in Wave 1 (as I recall there are 6), track 2, and in this one I was, essentially, hypnotized to remember anything I want to recall by touching the right fingers of my hand to my forehead, and if I wanted to feel awake and alert, to touch the same fingers to the back of my head. As I was struggling to remember something I did in Gimp, I used this technique, touching my right hand fingers to my forehead, and it worked!

I would classify this as hypnosis combined with brainwave music. As you guessed, it is synchronizing the hemispheres of the brain. But it is also for energetic awareness and expansion, as well as to help the person listening to the recordings to overcome things that would prevent this.

So that is my interpretation, but you may as well go to the horse's mouth, so to speak:

http://shop.hemi-sync.com/products/c310-Gateway-Experience%C2%AE/

Robert Monroe, who founded Hemi-Sync and has recently moved on to the realms he had been exploring energetically, is the author of the Journey series of books. Let's see if I can get them straight, "Journeys out of Body", "Far Journeys" and "Ultimate Journeys." If you are interested in having an OBE, read these. If you are interested in Brainwave Entertainment, there is a host of stuff out there for it, including information on making your own. Here's a link to my blog, with info on Self Hypnosis and making Brainwave Music:

http://hi-techheadache.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_11.html

You can check out my work at Soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/dreambliss-1/tracks

Note that SoundCloud doesn't work right on Firefox for some reason, so try Google Chrome, Opera or Internet Explorer. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 1

rails

Thank you. I assume you have used the program yourself? You speak as if from experience.

manitou

I am not entirely sure how to describe it. I am in the process of what I call one of my, "Oh Shit!" sessions. That is I throw all caution to the wind and take a jump by trying something new. Similar to the first time I smoked some marijuana. Being a Christian at the time, with loving, suffocating parents can cause you to have these sorts of feelings when you go outside the box, the comfort zone, the barriers of your religion, etc.

I am going through the Gateway Experience because, to my understanding, looking at the track listings, it's all about helping you get out of your body. To have OBEs, become what I call an, "Out of Body Explorer." But I think there is more to it than that. I am still in Wave 1 (as I recall there are 6), track 2, and in this one I was, essentially, hypnotized to remember anything I want to recall by touching the right fingers of my hand to my forehead, and if I wanted to feel awake and alert, to touch the same fingers to the back of my head. As I was struggling to remember something I did in Gimp, I used this technique, touching my right hand fingers to my forehead, and it worked!

I would classify this as hypnosis combined with brainwave music. As you guessed, it is synchronizing the hemispheres of the brain. But it is also for energetic awareness and expansion, as well as to help the person listening to the recordings to overcome things that would prevent this.

So that is my interpretation, but you may as well go to the horse's mouth, so to speak:

http://shop.hemi-sync.com/products/c310-Gateway-Experience%C2%AE/

Robert Monroe, who founded Hemi-Sync and has recently moved on to the realms he had been exploring energetically, is the author of the Journey series of books. Let's see if I can get them straight, "Journeys out of Body", "Far Journeys" and "Ultimate Journeys." If you are interested in having an OBE, read these. If you are interested in Brainwave Entertainment, there is a host of stuff out there for it, including information on making your own. Here's a link to my blog, with info on Self Hypnosis and making Brainwave Music:

http://hi-techheadache.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_11.html

You can check out my work at Soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/dreambliss-1/tracks

Note that SoundCloud doesn't work right on Firefox for some reason, so try Google Chrome, Opera or Internet Explorer. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

I use it every night. Bought Wave 1-4 years ago and now getting back to it. Also I use the isochronic tones from Transparent Corp. The gamma wave is awesome!

http://www.transparentcorp.com

I've enjoyed the Gateway series. It tends put me under. They've never given me OBE's but gotten me deep trance states. I've enjoyed the ones where you answer various questions and build things once your in state.

There are times we're receptive and others when we can't go as deep. Because its biaural, good headphones help alot. I listen to them lying in bed, with as little distraction as possible. That means being a little tired helps too. If I'm too wide awake I won't go under, at least not as deeply.

I also recommend not going to fast. Getting well familiarized with the very important level 10 before jumping from tape to tape.

DreamBliss - I checked out your links - thanks for the information. what an interesting fellow you are....

DreamBliss - I checked out your links - thanks for the information. what an interesting fellow you are....

Thank you, I appreciate that.