Sign in to follow this  
Unseen_Abilities

Clothes for good energy flow?

What kind of clothes do you wear on a day to day basis? I can't go on for too much longer like this...wearing a belt, that is.

Any good online sources for clothes that WON'T restrict my flow of energy/breathing?

Edited by Unseen_Abilities

I wear only cotton, because it is cooling and I can't stand any acrylic or polyamide or any kind of plastics. Sometimes in the winter I wear acrylic socks but only to heat up. Wool is best for warming but it cannot be worn directly on skin, so I avoid it, although in cold weather is the best. I think linen and hemp are better than cotton for cooling but I couldn't find any clothes in stores.

• Like 1

Bamboo is by far my fave :).

You can also get silk "long underwear". It's actually very thin and cooling. This is more to keep the energy in, and other energy out, though.

Bamboo? for real? i've never heard of bamboo clothing.

Gonna check that one out :D

• Like 1

Why do you say that wool cannot be worn directly on skin?

Do you concern yourself of any dyes on the cotton clothes that you wear? Or specific colors?

Wool is itchy for me, maybe is just me, I am allergic but I heard others saying the same about wool. Like for instance wool blankets are used by the army because they keep very warm in cold weather. Also when I was serving in the army I was wearing winter wool clothes which were the standard clothes in my country and couldn't stand to touch my skin. So wool is ok to wear on the outside layer, while wearing something natural like cotton or linen on the inside near the skin.

The answer to the other question is no. Although I wear colors following the taoist colors of the elements :)

I am fortunate enough to have a tshirt guy who does custom tshirts and yoga pants, and jackets for me. So I have Bagua clothing :D. All in bamboo. I really don't enjoy wearing cotton tshirts anymore. The bamboo is sooooo sooooffftttt :).

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this