Sign in to follow this  
skydog

100 years ago, warrior

100 years ago if someone tried to lock in you prison for the rest of your life, or rob everything in your house you would kill them

DO you really think a warrior would just sit there

So today when a bailiff wants to arrest you and put you in prison for not paying for a 5 pound ticket

laws aside it makes logical sense to want to kill them

If someone wants to put you in prison for the rest of your life or kill you with death sentence like in america

It makes logical sense to defend yourself and kill them

If one is surrounded by 2 people much bigger than you,

CHances are you cannot defend yourself

Bigger people can adopt legal ways to attack and threaten you

Maybe theyre not trying to kill you

Maybe they want to hurt you really badly

SO why cant you kick them as hard as you can in the balls

Maybe thats not legal

But bigger people can legally defend themselves

Laws have nothing to do with logic

Most people are brainwashed to follow the law at the expense of what is logical

You can get so theoretical you overlook the particulars in a situation. Why does society want to lock the person up for life? What infractions do you think causes that reaction?

It may well be that you also want people who do that kind of thing locked up.

Excellent questions, Skydog, especially for someone like me, a warrior and an Anarchist.

Laws are mostly made to insure that the wealthy remain wealthy. The common people get to pay the price to keep the wealthy wealthy. That's the way societies are constructed. One can travel the world and see that this is almost an universal truth.

No, a warrior would not just sit there. Neither would an Anarchist.

However, to commit a greater crime in order to avoid the punishment of the lesser crime does not stand to logic.

If I were stopped for speeding in my auto and was ticketed by a traffic control officer I would have to pay a fine. Yes, I could take the ticket to court and challenge it but I would only be increasing my penalty because I would still be charged with speeding and now I would also have to pay court costs even though I am paying taxes that already pay court costs.

In your other scene, you have two big bullies about to do you a nasty. Yes, kick both of them where it hurts the most and get your ass out of the area. Bullies become bullies because few people fight back. In most cases, a beaten bully will think twice and perhaps even more before trying to bully someone else.

Same with the law makers. They make laws and the people don't protest the unfairness of the law. The law then stands. If the people were to protest the law would likely be nullified.

• Like 3

I don't think you can do anything versus two cops, even if you train with the best martial arts or artists. Except if you run and you are lucky.

I don't think you can do anything versus two cops, even if you train with the best martial arts or artists. Except if you run and you are lucky.

In Shotokan karate (from highschool days) my instructor told us "If someone comes to fight you, tell them 'Hold on, go get some friends, because you are not enough'".

In later years Aikido classes included situational awareness and tactics such as giving away the wallet and saying 'have a nice day', as well as running like hell in a safe direction. Both had fighting techniques but my Aikido sensei's approach made more sense to me.

<edit matter of fact the Aikido approach echoes a story told by the founder of modern Karate, the great Funakoshi, who told a story in his autobiography of being robbed on the way to Karate class. He thought he'd be shamed by the teacher instead he got a compliment from the old master who'd never said anything positive to him before.

• Like 2

:mellow:

Edited by skydog

100 years ago if someone tried to lock in you prison for the rest of your life, or rob everything in your house you would kill them

100 years ago? 1914? Didn't WW1 start, back then?

;)

• Like 1

In 1914 (and next 40 years) it wasn't wholly uncommon to marry someone wealthy then move to have them committed for life in an insane asylum. That was a nasty form of pseudo legal life imprisonment. All you needed was to pay off the right doctors and lawyers.

• Like 1

Edited by skydog

Edited by skydog

b

Edited by skydog

100 years ago? 1914? Didn't WW1 start, back then?

;)

Well yes, but I suspect you know what is happening through my posts

• Like 1

My motto when confronted by greater opposing force has always been..

" RUN AWAY! Really fast."

:-)

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

I dont think its logical to want to kill someone over a five pound ticket.

Tiny issues like this are really best looked at with perspective.

Theres a cost of doing business , today it may be in the form of a parking ticket

Tomorrow it may be a tax hike.

Generally speaking , tidbits such as these do not have much of an impact on a persons life

unless the poor suffering mistreated 'victim' overreacts and spins the issue into one much larger.

Getting angry often just presents an illusion to oneself

that one is not powerless vs the entire govt structure and society as a whole.

And thats bullshit , you are powerless , relatively speaking .

Laws can be absolutely anything , and youre right that they often have little to do with any logic other than

the point is to keep the populace in check, one goody two shoes thinks they know what everyone else should do.

But thats the situation we were born into, starting with that ,

rather than thinking one has some right to treatment such as they would desire it to be

youve got the option to ratchet every little hump and inconvenience into a big offense against your dignity.

To me personally , the silly little ticket you got for some piddly offense doesnt look like a massive kick in the pants demanding retribution and bemoanment of the wretched fate youve been doomed to endure.

No,, to me ,,the crazy looking part is the thinking that death is a proper response for getting hit up for five pounds.

Its not that I'd like getting a ticket either , I wouldnt ,,, and its not that I think society is some perfect state of utopia ,,

its certainly not ... Its just that I think its the EXPECTATION that society SHOULD be some utopia where wisdom justice and kindness always prevails is actually an idealistic self torturing device. I am not perfect like that , no one else is either, and there really is no reason why I should think its even possible for the world to run that way.

/

Edited by skydog

Its still about the piddly five pound ticket IMO, you were supposed to pay the thing , didnt ,and then it went off the chart.

Thats exactly what I mean by ratcheting a tiny thing into a bigger one.

The fact that the ticket was five pounds, and not fifty thousand ,, may seem like it undermines the justification of the intensity of the reaction to your non-payment ... but as Im looking at it , it just undermines the ease at which you could have been done with the issue months ago. Pay the freekin ticket , the new court costs youve probably incurred , say yessir to the judge when you are spoken to .. and then never have the issue happen again because you just pay the damn five pounder.

That there is within your power to do, and the result is that the rhino can find no place in which to stick a horn. Be such a model citizen that you get elected to office and be the pain in everyone elses arse. :)

Edited by skydog
  • Like 1

In 10 or 20 years they won't be young people anymore buddy.

Things change.

Inevitably.

Cultivate and be less stressed man.

Be well.

:-)

Edited by GrandmasterP

Edited by skydog

no way, my instructor would kick both those cops in the face

Edited by skydog

no way, my instructor would kick both those cops in the face

Gracie trained fighters eat 'kickers' for breakfast. The two cops attacked quickly, attacking high and low simultaneously. The only problem was the fighter's hands getting very close to one of the cops guns. That, is the big problem in the fight imo. The MMA fighter wasn't even trying for it, but his hand was just inches away from it.

Not staying on your feet and controlling distance is not good when you've got a gun.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this