what is your name, plus details

need more details, i will try to help

• Like 1

Edited by skydog

Honestly mate you probably need to be there. Accept the situation for what it is at the moment and try to get through it as calmly as you can. From your posts and chats it seems to me as if you may be manic, sometimes it is best to simply be quiet and listen when things like this happen.

• Like 1

I hope you're doing better by the time you read this. When things seem crazy, GreytoWhite's advice holds much wisdom

Accept the situation for what it is at the moment and try to get through it as calmly as you can.

.. sometimes it is best to simply be quiet and listen when things like this happen.

Often thats the only thing we can do.

Good luck, God bless.

• Like 2

Having been in a similar situation (being in a psych ward against my own will), I totally sympathize. Those places can be freaky and confusing, and in my view, they don't help people whatsoever. I actually have more PTSD from those experiences than I do from war.

I personally suggest you get out, and take some time off from things at a more peaceful location. For me (I don't know about what's going on with you so this might not apply), it was important to see through the delusions my mind was formulating, and simply live in plain old physical reality. Rejecting any ideas that things happening mean something other than what they are at face value. Any ideas of magick especially can be harmful...just forget about all of it! Focus only on what's clearly right in front of you and cultivate serenity.

This is also a way of meditation. The methods of this book totally helped me at the time, to go from crazy to normal. Crazy is just mind...but if you have no mind, then there's no crazy.

Getting a lot of sleep is also supremely important.

No doctor was capable of helping me...and it was incredibly hard actually to see through my own bullshit. We tend to believe our own "truths" naturally, so it can be hard to go completely against what you know to be "true", but in the cases of insanity, this "truth" is at the cost of our peace. You have to make a really clear choice about how you want your life to be...more pretending to be special, and ending up in a psych ward...or being normal and living peacefully? Making that choice can be the first step toward seeing through all the nonsense, living a mundane life, and gradually getting better mentally.

• Like 6

Hang in there Cap ... if I was near I would front them as a visitor. Best wishes and good vibes to you, let us know what happening when you can ... maybe someone could visit him.

Very best wishes, Cap, as you go through what is probably a dark nite of the soul. Whatever you're going through is only going to make you stronger on the other side. My thoughts are truly with you.

With delusionals, be ever ready to listen. Be first to listen. However when giving advice, gaurd yourself and be the last to offer advice.

EDIT: Not to sound preachy but this verse goes two ways...

Heaven is long-enduring and earth continues long. The reason
why heaven and earth are able to endure and continue thus long is
because they do not live of, or for, themselves. This is how they are
able to continue and endure.

Therefore the sage puts his own person last, and yet it is found in
the foremost place; he treats his person as if it were foreign to him,
and yet that person is preserved. Is it not because he has no
personal and private ends, that therefore such ends are realised?

Edited by nestentrie
  • Like 3

Those places can be freaky and confusing, and in my view, they don't help people whatsoever.

They certainly don't always help and can be misused.

On the other hand, sometimes they can help prevent murder and suicide… and the trauma that can come from living with someone who is out of control and a danger to themselves or others.

My heart goes out to you, Captain -

I pray for you to experience peace and healing.

• Like 3

They certainly don't always help and can be misused.

On the other hand, sometimes they can help prevent murder and suicide… and the trauma that can come from living with someone who is out of control and a danger to themselves or others.

Yes, in my opinion, that is the only reason they should be used...and never misused.

• Like 1

If the Captain's been 'sectioned' ( compulsory detention-for-treatment under the Mental Health Act) then it might be a while before he's out.

Anyone released from section will have a Community Psychiatric Nurse to visit regularly.

Patient care and community safety is central to the process.

All our psychy units have 'independent visitors' appointed and some visitors come from Mind the Mental Health charity.

For sure humans are fallible and 'trauma psychy' units can be witness to violence especially on first admission but deliberate cruelty or violence being done to a patient is extremely unusual to the point of massive press coverage when such reprehensible instances do come to light.

Nurses tend not to become nurses in order to inflict harm.

Quite the opposite.

All good wishes to ya Cap.

Go with the programme and 'fake it 'til ya make it' buddy.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 5

If the Captain's been 'sectioned' ( compulsory detention-for-treatment under the Mental Health Act) then it might be a while before he's out.

Anyone released from section will have a Community Psychiatric Nurse to visit regularly.

Patient care and community safety is central to the process.

All our psychy units have 'independent visitors' appointed and some visitors come from Mind the Mental Health charity.

For sure humans are fallible and 'trauma psychy' units can be witness to violence especially on first admission but deliberate cruelty or violence being done to a patient is extremely unusual to the point of massive press coverage when such reprehensible instances do come to light.

Nurses tend not to become nurses in order to inflict harm.

Quite the opposite.

All good wishes to ya Cap.

Go with the programme and 'fake it 'til ya make it' buddy.

Another issue in the mental health care system is that the staff, while perhaps not deliberately cruel, are often unintentionally harmful due to their own ignorance and dysfunction.

• Like 2

Another issue in the mental health care system is that the staff, while perhaps not deliberately cruel, are often unintentionally harmful due to their own ignorance and dysfunction.

Alas, we are all unintentionally harmful due to our ignorance and dysfunction. Mental health professionals no more--or less--than anybody else.

Liminal

• Like 4

Can't generalise here Steve all I know is the English psychiatric hospitals system that I trained and worked as a nurse in.

Did that for twenty some years prior to moving into teacher training.

Our psychy nurses are well trained, checks and balances are in place for safeguarding the patients, the public and nursing staff.

There is no such thing as a perfect system nor perfect people.

I do think that a patient in the English system has as good treatment as can be found in most places and possibly better than in some.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

I emailed him to ask if he could tell the hospital to give all mail addressed to "Captain Val Mar" to him, or maybe give me his name, then everyone can send get well cards to me, and I send them along as a batch or something... No idea if he'll get back to me or not.. but thought I would try :). I'll update if/when I hear from him.

Might be a bit before he gets out, from all he said in chat, before he went in :(.

Edited by BaguaKicksAss