DreamBliss

Good place to get inexpensive, well-made exercise clothes?

I know this is kind of an odd question, but I assume that a lot of us here don't run around in robes all day, and furthermore, that these individuals do yoga, Tai Chi, Qi Gong or other physical practices. Unless everyone just does it in the nude, I think its safe to assume that we all wear some sort of exercise clothing.

I need help in this area. Where does someone with a 6 foot+ tall, 240 pound physical body and maybe $20.00 to spend go to get exercise clothing online or at WalMart that doesn't fall apart on him?

My first set of exercise clothes came to about $10.00 at WalMart. Just a Hanes set of shorts and a sleeveless T. But the string broke. Same thing for some Jerzees I recently bought - damn string snapped!

I need something I can do yoga and running in, that will stay securely in place on my body, and which is secured in some fashion that will not break, or if it does, is easily replacable. I need something loose, and light weight. Something that is flexible. A pair of blue jean short cut offs and a t-shirt won't cut it. There has to be freedom of movement in the physical body.

Any suggestions? Anything you found at Amazon or WalMart you liked? Or Fred Meyer? How about some obscure, hole-in-the-web site you found? If you have any suggestions please post links and details!

And yes, in case you were wondering, I do exercise in the nude. But I am not about to go running down a public road that way... There are some limits...

:P

Thank you for your help!

Edited by DreamBliss

I get nearly all my clothes at Ross or a similar outlet. About 1/4 to 1/3 the retail ripoff prices.

Best to find out when they get their deliveries and what is available is always random.

It simply amazes me that people regularly pay $20-50 for a t-shirt, or $80+ for pants or shoes...

I guess you could check overstock.com if there is no similar outlet in your town.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes I also LOVE thrift stores...

go to a fabric store or sporting goods store and buy s a strong string.

attach it to the old string and pull it through or attach to something stiff and push through.

• Like 1

Costco. REI outlet.com (don't remember the exact url)

Personally I go to the Sugoi warehouse sale each year; yeah $100 clothes for $5-$20 ;). See if you have any gear factories near where you live.

• Like 1

go to a fabric store or sporting goods store and buy s a strong string.

attach it to the old string and pull it through or attach to something stiff and push through.

That's a fine idea, which is probably way Hanes and Jerzees, at least, sew the string inside in the back somewhere, or are using two pieces of string, or something, because I have, so far, been unable to do this.

That's a fine idea, which is probably way Hanes and Jerzees, at least, sew the string inside in the back somewhere, or are using two pieces of string, or something, because I have, so far, been unable to do this.

remove the thread in the back push string through and re sew if needed

Ross, Marshalls, and TJ Maxx are about the only places I can ever find pants short enough for me - 29" inseam. Luckily since I lost weight the XS exercise pants I found fit rather well.