voidisyinyang

Shiitake mushrooms and qi

probably a thread on this summer - if someone wants to link it.

I just blogged on my harvest today - with photo of a HUGE shiitake.

http://innersoundqigong.blogspot.com/2014/05/spring-shiitake-mushroom-bonanza-umami.html

I am dehydrating it now to bring out the "umami" taste which is based on fascinating science that confirms a long tradition of experience - combining the two different umami tastes greatly amplifies each one.

Anyway please share any shiitake wisdom. I set up totem pole logs - 8 shiitake and 12 oyster about - so hopefully this fall I will have a big enough harvest to sell in the Chinese warehouse I work in as the Chinese appreciate mushrooms so much more. I'm told they don't have enough supply to keep up with demand.

• Like 2

That mushroom is incredible.

Your blog page is astounding. And how nice to find another birder......

• Like 1

I was starting to check/catch the cold virus that was spreading in our house and so besides qigong, I did garlic which was working but I didn't want to do too much. So I ate maybe half a pound of shiitake and all symptoms just completely vanished. Stuff is amazing. Now I am drinking Artist Conk shroom and eating Chicken of the Woods and Old Man of the Woods shrooms, also collected a nice Amanita Muscaria yesterday. thank you Forest.

Edited by Innersoundqigong
  • Like 2

I was starting to check/catch the cold virus that was spreading in our house and so besides qigong, I did garlic which was working but I didn't want to do too much. So I ate maybe half a pound of shiitake and all symptoms just completely vanished. Stuff is amazing. Now I am drinking Artist Conk shroom and eating Chicken of the Woods and Old Man of the Woods shrooms, also collected a nice Amanita Muscaria yesterday. thank you Forest.

going to try this next time I feel the bug grabbing me... thanks