Does anyone practice this (now or in the past)?

http://www.foodmatters.tv/articles-1/oil-pulling-the-habit-that-can-transform-your-health

I have known about the super health benefits of sesame seeds/oil for a long time, but this is a new discovery. We grew up eating a dessert made from a combination of rice flour, organic rock sugar & ground black sesame seeds, cooked over low heat until it thickens up, almost like slightly runny custard. Anyone tried this before? Its really delicious and nutritious!!

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Yes, I've done it. My mouth feels the freshest when I do this, and also use a tongue scraper first thing in the morning...I also brush normally with toothpaste too just to be safe, dentally.

It takes at least a few minutes up to 20 minutes to do the pulling...you wait until it changes consistency, from oily to something more watery. Then when you spit it out (do not swallow!), it should be white.

I've seen it on my friends' facebook statuses a lot that they're using coconut oil for this. That's only good if you have pitta dosha imbalance. Sesame oil is good for everyone.

That dessert sounds completely awesome!

• Like 1

I loooove black sesame desserts! They serve one at the local dimsum place :).

Black sesame is on those immortality recipe lists in the JAJ Neigong book....

• Like 1